Handbrake 1.0.1 released - changes I made to Frameserving bat file

Comments

SecondWind-SK wrote on 1/6/2017, 11:23 AM

GJeffrey wrote

It means that debugmode frameserver is not properly installed.

Run the installer again and change the path to Vegas 14 folder instead of the default Vegas 13.

Sorry for not replying earlier. Thank you for your suggestion. I did install debugmode frameserver to the Vegas 14 folder as you suggested. Debugmode Frameserver now does appear in my render list. When I attempted to render, the process proceeded further than before; however it still hung up. I forget the error message. However, the message led me to the start_vegas2handbrake.bat file as the possible culprit. A few other posts about DXDY's changes led me to modify his file. His file reads:

:hbstart
start "" CALL "C:\Program Files\HandBrake\HandBrake" "C:\Volumes\vegas.avs\vegas.avi"
:waitforhandbrake
timeout /t 3 /nobreak
tasklist | findstr /i "HandBrake.exe"

I removed CALL from the first line. So the file now reads:

start "" "C:\Program Files\HandBrake\HandBrake" "C:\Volumes\vegas.avs\vegas.avi"
timeout /t 3 /nobreak

Hoooray! Everything is working. Thank you again to everyone for your suggestions, particularly RedPrince and GJeffrey.

Red Prince wrote on 1/6/2017, 11:38 AM

You’re more than welcome!

He who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know.
                    — Lao Tze in Tao Te Ching

Can you imagine the silence if everyone only said what he knows?
                    — Karel Čapek (The guy who gave us the word “robot” in R.U.R.)

Red Prince wrote on 1/6/2017, 2:26 PM

Just one more detail. Don’t forget you need an extra second at the end because of a bug in Frameserver. Please see the last message on page 1 of this thread on how I finally solved dealing with that bug by creating a 1-second-silence.wav which I add at the end of any video I send to HandBrake through the Frameserver.

As mentioned in that message, you can download it from TinyUpload.com. Not only can you use it for frameserving to HandBrake, you can use it anywhere you may need to insert some silence (since Vegas allows you to stretch/shrink it to any duration you want). And of course it’s free.

SecondWind-SK wrote on 1/6/2017, 5:27 PM

Thanks. I've read your posts about that. I did that in my tests of Vegas2HandBrake using a 30 second time line with narration to the very end....plus the 1-second of silence. Worked great.

Red Prince wrote on 1/6/2017, 6:24 PM

Very good! 🙂

MikeLV wrote on 1/18/2017, 8:15 PM

Confused! I just upgraded to the latest version of Handbrake, but I'm still using Vegas 13. Now I'm getting the windows cannot find handbrake error. What do I need to do?

NickHope wrote on 1/18/2017, 11:38 PM

Confused! I just upgraded to the latest version of Handbrake, but I'm still using Vegas 13. Now I'm getting the windows cannot find handbrake error. What do I need to do?

I guess this should work. Change lines 22 to 26 in C:\frameserver\batch\start_vegas2handbrake.bat from

start handbrake "C:\Volumes\vegas.avs\vegas.avi"
timeout /t 3 /nobreak
tasklist | findstr /i "Handbrake.exe"

to

start "" CALL "C:\Program Files\HandBrake\HandBrake" "C:\Volumes\vegas.avs\vegas.avi"
timeout /t 3 /nobreak

Note that capital B in the last line.

MikeLV wrote on 1/19/2017, 9:32 AM

That kind of fixed it, seems to be working, although after I exit HB, I'm left with two open cmd windows for some reason... But the bigger problem I just noticed is that after I upgraded HB to 1.0, my custom presets are gone. Is there a way to get them back? Are they hiding in a file somewhere from the old HB? I think I may go back to HB  0.10.5 as the new version seems quite the hassle so far, especially since it doesn't bring in old presets.

cadudesun wrote on 6/27/2017, 3:05 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to download the Vegas2Handbrake script, but there is a login screen (snapshot below) and I couldn't manage to download the script at the link provided in this forum: http://www.vegasvideo.de/

Could someone please provide directions on how to accomplish the download of Vegas2Handbrake script?

Thanks!

johndavros wrote on 7/2/2017, 2:42 PM

Hey just stumbled upon this as I was struggling to get this script working since updating my handbrake. Fixed it now due to some of the comments on the thread as I stupidly installed it on another drive doh. Cadudesun it looks like the site has gone down but you can still download it via wayback machine.

cadudesun wrote on 7/2/2017, 4:54 PM

it looks like the site has gone down but you can still download it via wayback machine.

Downloaded! Thanks for kind attention johndavros!

fr0sty wrote on 7/2/2017, 10:00 PM

Is handbrake capable of making a file I can feed DVDA to make into a blu-ray that DVDA won't force me to re-encode?

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

OldSmoke wrote on 7/3/2017, 9:05 AM

Is handbrake capable of making a file I can feed DVDA to make into a blu-ray that DVDA won't force me to re-encode?

DVDA doesn't force you to re-encode as long as you render video with a DVDA template and audio as AC3 Pro.

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

fr0sty wrote on 7/3/2017, 1:25 PM

DVDA doesn't force you to re-encode as long as you render video with a DVDA template and audio as AC3 Pro.

But there aren't any DVDA templates in Handbrake? I was trying to get around having to use Vegas' internal encoders if possible so I could get a little more speed and higher quality encodes.

Last changed by fr0sty on 7/3/2017, 1:25 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)