NewBlue Titler Pro in Vegas Pro 14 - updated information

jetdv wrote on 12/24/2016, 12:49 PM

We understand there have been many confusions since the release of Vegas Pro 14 concerning Titler Pro. Here I will explain how things work and how you can get various versions to work in Vegas Pro 14.

First, understand that all versions of Titler installed will replace whatever version was previously installed. This is done to make things easier on you. For example, if you have Titler Pro 3 and install Titler Pro 5, Titler Pro 5 will replace Titler Pro 3 and all Titler Pro 3 titles in your project will automatically become Titler Pro 5 titles. 

One key for Vegas Pro 14 is to make sure you are on the newest version available. At this time, they are:

The bundles:

Vegas Pro Complete which has Titler Pro Express

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Magix/NewBlueVegasProComplete-161118.exe

Vegas Pro Suite Complete which has Titler Pro 3

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Magix/NewBlueVegasProSuiteComplete-161118.exe

Titler Pro 2

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Windows/NewBlueTitlerPro2-161118.exe

Titler Pro 2 AE

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Windows/NewBlueTitlerPro2_AE-161118.exe

Titler Pro 3 (all three versions)

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Windows/NewBlueTitlerPro3-161118.exe

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Windows/NewBlueTitlerPro3Elite-161118.exe

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Windows/NewBlueTitlerPro3Ultimate-161118.exe

Titler Pro 4 (all three versions)

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Windows/NewBlueTitlerPro4-161118-032.exe

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Windows/NewBlueTitlerPro4Elite-161118-032.exe

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Windows/NewBlueTitlerPro4Ultimate-161118-032.exe

Titler Pro 5 (all three versions)

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Windows/NewBlueTitlerPro5-161114-061.exe

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Windows/NewBlueTitlerPro5Elite-161114-061.exe

http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Windows/NewBlueTitlerPro5Ultimate-161114-061.exe

When installing or uninstalling our products, it is always vital that you first reboot. If Vegas has been started and closed, it is quite possible for it to remain in memory and keep some of our files locked preventing a proper installation. I would also recommend uninstalling any previous version you have installed before installing the newest build. You can also do a clean install:

1. Reboot

2. Uninstall any versions installed

3. in C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX, delete the Titler folder

4. in C:\Program Files\NewBlue, delete the Titler Pro 2.0 for Windows folder

5. in C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\NewBlue, delete TitlerPro.ofx.bundle

6. in C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\NewBlueFX, delete TitlerPro2.ofx.bundle

7. Now reinstall the appropriate version listed above

If, after reinstalling, you get an error using Titler pro, try going to C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\Common and remove the OFXBridgeB64.dll file.

If Vegas is not seeing the proper version of Titler Pro, start Vegas Pro 14 while holding down the CTRL-SHIFT keys, and check the “Clear cache” box in the window that opens.

If you have a full version of Titler installed but can only see the QuickEdit screen (i.e. it believes you are on Titler Express), open the NewBlue Application Manager, click on the gear icon and choose the option to log out, and then log back in. This will force the activation to be reset. Logging out of the Application Manager will deactivate all products on that machine. Logging back in will reactivate them.

To get your Vegas preview screen to update while Titler Pro is open, in Vegas go to Options - Preferences and uncheck the “Close media files when not the active application” option.

Comments

xberk wrote on 12/24/2016, 5:34 PM

Thanks Edward. Very helpful.

Paul B .. PCI Express Video Card: EVGA VCX 10G-P5-3885-KL GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA ,,  Intel Core i9-11900K Desktop Processor ,,  MSI Z590-A PRO Desktop Motherboard LGA-1200 ,, 64GB (2X32GB) XPG GAMMIX D45 DDR4 3200MHz 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-25600 Memory .. Seasonic Power Supply SSR-1000FX Focus Plus 1000W ,, Arctic Liquid Freezer II – 360MM .. Fractal Design case ,, Samsung Solid State Drive MZ-V8P1T0B/AM 980 PRO 1TB PCI Express 4 NVMe M.2 ,, Wundiws 10 .. Vegas Pro 19 Edit

set wrote on 12/24/2016, 5:53 PM

Thanks for updates... I'll pin this post for a while... just PM me / mods if you want this unpinned.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

jetdv wrote on 12/24/2016, 9:18 PM

There is no updated installer for Titler Pro 1 and I have not tested Titler Pro 1 in Vegas Pro 14.

NickHope wrote on 12/24/2016, 11:57 PM

There is no updated installer for Titler Pro 1 and I have not tested Titler Pro 1 in Vegas Pro 14.

It still does this as soon as it is clicked in VP14 build 211.

I can understand if it's not supported, but crashing is not a great result, especially as one could easily click that OFX by accident. If you want to keep this program installed to use in earlier versions of Vegas, there is no way to hide it in VP14.

FocusOnVegas wrote on 12/25/2016, 2:53 AM

Thanks for the update, but I still have some questions (before I 'll try). 

First, understand that all versions of Titler installed will replace whatever version was previously installed.

Questions:

1. Does this mean that if I have installed an older "full" version (f.i. NewBlueTitler Pro 2 AE), after installing "Vegas ProComplete" for Vegas Pro 14, the full version 'll not be available, not for Vegas Pro 14 and not for older Vegas Pro installs (like 13)?
  2. Does the latest installer for Vegas Pro 14 have an option not to install "Vegas ProComplete" (with TitlerExpress 3)?

brian-stephenson wrote on 12/26/2016, 12:56 AM

I have installed version NewBlueTitlerPro3-161118.exe but it will not accept my existing serial number

jetdv wrote on 12/26/2016, 9:36 AM

Questions:

1. Does this mean that if I have installed an older "full" version (f.i. NewBlueTitler Pro 2 AE), after installing "Vegas ProComplete" for Vegas Pro 14, the full version 'll not be available, not for Vegas Pro 14 and not for older Vegas Pro installs (like 13)?
  2. Does the latest installer for Vegas Pro 14 have an option not to install "Vegas ProComplete" (with TitlerExpress 3)?

1. Yes, that is what it means

2. Yes, just uncheck the NewBlue Vegas Pro Complete option in the download program.

Bigger is the problem that it's not possible to open all the VP13 projects with that Titler in Vegas Pro 14.
So for the long term it's not advisable to use bundled or/and not-bundled New Blue products .

The Titler Pro 1 titles would need to be updated to the never version of Titler Pro in the older version of Vegas to be used in Vegas Pro 14. I cannot say if Titler Pro 1 will be updated as it is now many years old and the current version is Titler Pro 5.

I have installed version NewBlueTitlerPro3-161118.exe but it will not accept my existing serial number

You will need to contact NewBlue support (support at newblueinc.com) and you will certainly be assisted in getting your products properly activated.

jetdv wrote on 12/26/2016, 5:24 PM

Cornico, Titler Pro (1) will still work with every version of Vegas that was available in June of 2014 when you purchased the product. When Vegas Pro 13 was first released, we offered Titler Pro 1 at a steep discount for many months which then allowed the bundle users to use Titler Pro 1 in all versions of Vegas they had.

At that time, Titler Pro 3 was the current version. Just because a later version of Vegas was released that caused issues with the product many years after the last build of Titler Pro 1, NewBlue cannot help that.

The last version of Titler Pro 1 was released in December of 2013 - just under 3 years before Vegas pro 14 was released and well after subsequent versions of Titler were released. There is no ill intent on a legacy product no longer being updated. However, we did not cause the product to not work in Vegas Pro 14 as it does work well in Vegas Pro 13. I do not know what was changed between the versions of Vegas that caused the issue.

I'm sorry but every version of every product cannot be kept updated forever and there has to be a line somewhere. Right now, we have many different versions of Titler Pro that is fully compatible with Vegas Pro 14 all the way back to Titler Pro 2.

jetdv wrote on 12/26/2016, 6:08 PM

Cornico, it has been stable for the vast majority of users. We understand there are still a few issues that are being looked at. There's also been a tremendous number of help tickets that have been received over the past couple of months and that has delayed some answers. I know your ticket is still in line and he will still get to it.

andyrpsmith wrote on 12/27/2016, 1:11 PM

OK I installed the pro 4 ultimate http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Windows/NewBlueTitlerPro4Ultimate-161118-032.exe and it installs as Pro 5 (which I haven't bought). Pro 5 seems to have changed the way the menus display from pro 4. To be honest Pro 4 was more logical.

(Intel 3rd gen i5@4.1GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, 1080Ti GPU, Windows 10) Not now used with Vegas.

13th gen i913900K - water cooled, 96GB RAM, 4TB M2 drive, 4TB games SSD, 2TB video SSD, GPU RTX 4080 Super, Windows 11 pro

james-ollick wrote on 12/27/2016, 2:20 PM

I have Titler Pro 5 Ultimate and it works well within Vegas Pro 14. I like the new layout, easy customization.

Home built PC - Corsair case, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code motherboard, i9 9900k, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz,  Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB graphics card, Corsair 1000 watt power supply. Windows 11.

VP 21 BCC 2024 Boris FX Continuum Complete, Titler Pro v7. Various NewBlue effects.

GaryX wrote on 12/28/2016, 11:13 AM

i would have bought Titler Pro 5 too, but had to buy 4 too early because titler pro complete uninstalled my Titler 3 Pro Installation when i ran the vegas setup. 1 month later Titler Pro 5 was announced and i do not want to pay again. thought i was eligible to upgrade for free but got no Response from newblue..  oh well..

Red Prince wrote on 12/28/2016, 3:25 PM

thought i was eligible to upgrade for free but got no Response from newblue..  oh well..

Did you talk to them and explain you got no response? Surely, they’d be willing to come up with a solution.

He who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know.
                    — Lao Tze in Tao Te Ching

Can you imagine the silence if everyone only said what he knows?
                    — Karel Čapek (The guy who gave us the word “robot” in R.U.R.)

GaryX wrote on 12/28/2016, 4:18 PM

well, i descriped my Situation to the Support and thats it, have not heard a word from newblue since... but i got lots of "upgrade $ offers" for Titler Pro 5 via email..

jetdv wrote on 12/28/2016, 7:50 PM

well, i descriped my Situation to the Support and thats it, have not heard a word from newblue since... but i got lots of "upgrade $ offers" for Titler Pro 5 via email..

Gary, please contact NewBlue support with all purchase information.

Philbec wrote on 12/30/2016, 4:34 AM

Hi

Thank you for the link to "NewBlueVegasProComplete-161118.exe". It seems I have no more crash. Anyway, I don't know difference between Titler Pro Express and Titler Pro 3. When I use Titler Pro Express, I only can see pre-installed project templates. I can't see any styles styles or animations or effects in library...even those I have saved. Can you help me to solve this problem ?

Thank you

glenn-f wrote on 12/31/2016, 4:35 PM

This is a quote from a thread I created. Hopefully jetdv can answer my questions.

I have a number of versions of Titler Pro including the one that came with Vegas 14. Although I have searched, I cannot find a feature description for this program and how it compares to Titler Pro 4 nor can I find a way to uninstall it. In Vegs 13 I could use all of the versions that I had, they all showed up but even though I only have Titler Pro 4 on my computer, it does not show on Vegas 14. Any information, suggestions, etc. and a way to uninstall it would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn Ferguson

jetdv wrote on 1/1/2017, 4:51 PM

The Titler bundled with Vegas Pro 14 is based on Titler Pro 3. You want to keep Titler Pro 4.

HOFLAND wrote on 1/13/2017, 8:49 AM

titler 3 installed after manny problems in my vegas 14 bus a new issue the libarys are empty. On air colection Quick edit, all my styles etc.etc. sorry but i bought vegas 14 to get on with my work but it cost me a whole day till now😞 whats the problem??????????

GaryX wrote on 1/15/2017, 2:00 PM

titler 3 installed after manny problems in my vegas 14 bus a new issue the libarys are empty. On air colection Quick edit, all my styles etc.etc. sorry but i bought vegas 14 to get on with my work but it cost me a whole day till now😞 whats the problem??????????

i was told to contact the Support again to get the upgrade from titler pro 4 to 5 because of my Situation, but i thought about it and decided not to do it because i also have lots of librarys and don't want to pay again for them to work. thats what i had when i installed vegas 14 and titler pro complete. when i see what Comes with titler pro 5 elite (2 collections) and what i now have with titler 4 pro Elite: graphpax coll., lower 3rds, main titles, Motion bugs, Primetime coll... i fear i could lose all that again.

james-ollick wrote on 1/16/2017, 12:15 PM

i was told to contact the Support again to get the upgrade from titler pro 4 to 5 because of my Situation, but i thought about it and decided not to do it because i also have lots of librarys and don't want to pay again for them to work. thats what i had when i installed vegas 14 and titler pro complete. when i see what Comes with titler pro 5 elite (2 collections) and what i now have with titler 4 pro Elite: graphpax coll., lower 3rds, main titles, Motion bugs, Primetime coll... i fear i could lose all that again.

Hopefully you have saved the serial numbers, this way you can either download the trial version and activate it with your serial number, or, if the product is not available via download, contact NewBlueFX with the serial number and explain your issue. I had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro on my PC wiping out all previous programs on it. I had to re-install everything I use. Luckily I had most of my serial numbers, plug-ins and programs saved on an external hard drive so all I lost was time. The plug-ins I did not have, I googled, got a download link, and installed and activated with the serial numbers I had saved.

Home built PC - Corsair case, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code motherboard, i9 9900k, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz,  Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB graphics card, Corsair 1000 watt power supply. Windows 11.

VP 21 BCC 2024 Boris FX Continuum Complete, Titler Pro v7. Various NewBlue effects.

jetdv wrote on 1/16/2017, 6:04 PM

This may very well be correct. If you have Titler Express, that is basically the "QuickEdit" screen of Titler Pro. On the QuickEdit screen you only have access to Project Templates. To see all of the other templates, you have to be on the Title Designer screen which Titler Express does not have. All Titler Pro versions will have the Title Designer screen.

hughdemand wrote on 1/21/2017, 11:12 AM

I purchased TitlerPro5. I am now having a p[roblem with it and vegas 14.

I drag the "Media Generator" box onto the timeline; create the graphic in TP5 but it doesn't show in my video! The Media Generator box is in the timeline but only the underlying video shows in the preview window.

Do you think the error is with TPro5 or with Vegas Pro ?