No GPU option available in VP13 or VP14 Trial

Cliff Etzel wrote on 12/28/2016, 5:57 PM

I recently cloned my spinning HD to a new SSD in my Dell M4500 laptop and now I have no option to enable GPU in either VP13 latest version or the trial of VP14. PPro CS6 has no problem seeing the graphics card for CUDA acceleration. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the very latest nVidia drivers and tried the oldest drivers that will work on Windows 10 for the Quadro FX880M graphics card - still no luck in getting GPU seen in either Vegas Pro version. I'm making year end decisions about whether to move completely to Vegas Pro or stick with PPro. Never seen this happen before with Vegas on this computer - Any ideas what else to try??

Comments

astar wrote on 12/28/2016, 8:24 PM

Does Luxmark see the CPU and GPU OpenCL compute Units?

The FX880M apparently only has 48 Stream processors (116.16 GFLOPS), that is less than one Compute Unit in OpenCL. Normally you take the Stream processors on AMD and divide by 64 to get the OpenCL compute units. There are no fractional compute units, so remainders do not factor. the FX880M also only supports OpenCL 1.1, which I am not sure that is the problem however. I always thought vegas only supported OpenCL 1.1 anyways.

The base desktop GPU for VP11 was an AMD 5770 = 800 Stream Processors (10 OpenCL compute units), OpenCL 1.2, 1GB RAM, 1360 GFLOPS.

It is possible that Vegas is filtering the card based on hardware specs? I know there is a filter under "shift preferences" that filters on VRAM size.

Did it work before?

teaktart wrote on 12/29/2016, 12:36 PM

I have an Nvidia GTX560 card that now no longer shows anything but a black screen in video preview window with the GPU turned on.... its half worked for weeks and now gone completely. I've updated drivers and uninstalled drivers...system restore...and still not working. Don't know what to try next.....

Both my V12 and V14 are affected....no video preview at all with GPU turned on and all the latest drivers....

Cliff Etzel wrote on 12/29/2016, 12:52 PM

This is where I question committing to Vegas Pro due to these kinds of issues arising... And why I still edit in Premiere Pro CS6 even though I lament truly wanting to move to Vegas Pro. This issue is a work stopper if I were committed to Vegas Pro.

Cornico wrote on 12/29/2016, 12:56 PM

.... now I have no option to enable GPU in either VP13 latest version or the trial of VP14.

Please specify the build nrs.
The first builds under Magix didn't have that option and it had to be turned on in Internal.

Cliff Etzel wrote on 12/29/2016, 4:02 PM

Does Luxmark see the CPU and GPU OpenCL compute Units?

The FX880M apparently only has 48 Stream processors (116.16 GFLOPS), that is less than one Compute Unit in OpenCL. Normally you take the Stream processors on AMD and divide by 64 to get the OpenCL compute units. There are no fractional compute units, so remainders do not factor. the FX880M also only supports OpenCL 1.1, which I am not sure that is the problem however. I always thought vegas only supported OpenCL 1.1 anyways.

The base desktop GPU for VP11 was an AMD 5770 = 800 Stream Processors (10 OpenCL compute units), OpenCL 1.2, 1GB RAM, 1360 GFLOPS.

It is possible that Vegas is filtering the card based on hardware specs? I know there is a filter under "shift preferences" that filters on VRAM size.

Did it work before?

It worked perfectly before.. I was about to make the total transition over to Vegas Pro but now I'm back on hold until I can resolve this issue. I have too much work right now to come to a standstill because of "improved" technology.

john_dennis wrote on 12/29/2016, 4:48 PM

[Wild Stab in the Dark]

See Nick's FAQ. Particularly, the 6. MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK

[/Wild Stab in the Dark]

NickHope wrote on 12/31/2016, 9:14 AM

.... now I have no option to enable GPU in either VP13 latest version or the trial of VP14.

Please specify the build nrs.
The first builds under Magix didn't have that option and it had to be turned on in Internal.

I assume you're referring to GPU-accelerated AVC rendering, which was hidden in the internal preferences in the first couple of builds. That wouldn't be of any use with the GPU that Cliff or most of the rest of us has. I assume Cliff means his GPU isn't available for GPU acceleration of video processing which has been available in the preferences in all builds.

If this confuses anyone, read this.

Cliff Etzel wrote on 1/2/2017, 4:36 PM

Here's what I'm referring to - this is showing in both the latest VP13 and VP14 Trial - am I missing something?

Cliff Etzel wrote on 1/4/2017, 12:18 PM

Well, I guess this means that there's no solution for this - I'll stick with PPro once again.... A shame - I had high hopes... Even the latest version of Acid Music Studio 10 from Magix is now acting all wonky - Doesn't inspire confidence for me in the product line... 👎