Rendering in 4K

Roger Bansemer wrote on 3/6/2024, 11:40 AM

I've shot in 4K for a long time now primarily so I can zoom in on a subject but today I wanted to render a project in 4K and noticed in the "Property" options there is only 3840x2160 at 24 fps. I can customize the frame rate to 29.97fps but just wondering if there is a reason that this is not a standard project property. AND... the properties template in Vegas being 3840x2160 is vertical !

Once I get this straightened out as far as understanding it, any suggestions as to what render properties to use for Youtube?
Thanks.

Comments

Former user wrote on 3/6/2024, 11:47 AM

@Roger Bansemer 3840x2160 is UHD not 4K,

UHD 3840x2160 29.97 is a standard option

Roger Bansemer wrote on 3/6/2024, 12:20 PM

@Roger Bansemer 3840x2160 is UHD not 4K,

UHD 3840x2160 29.97 is a standard option

Thanks very much for that. Do you know anything about the project properties not having that setting?

Howard-Vigorita wrote on 3/6/2024, 3:12 PM

Best if the project and render template match. Vegas should ask you if you want to match project to the 1st media you drop on the timeline. If you said No, you can do it manually. And make it the the default for new projects:

You can also type in some text on the template line and click the little disk icon to add it to the default list. Don't know why, but I think project templates only save the description, frame size, and frame rate. But the new project default will save everything including the audio-tab settings.

Former user wrote on 3/6/2024, 5:46 PM

@Roger Bansemer Sorry I misread your post, yes I have a few 'Custom' templates created & saved when I've dragged media onto the timeline, I often click Yes to match project & media.

All my videos on YT are standard FHD (1920x1080) or UHD (3840x2160) 30fps / 29.97fps AVC renders, the bitrate etc is left at the default settings which produces a video that's as good as the orig clips and more then good enough for YT,

I first uploaded in FHD to YT, with a better camera & better PC I started filming & uploading in UHD, my subs said they didn't notice the difference, the majority watch YT on a PC / Laptop / Tablet / phone etc. So UHD is more than necessary but even the few watching on a TV said FHD was ok.

3POINT wrote on 3/7/2024, 3:20 AM

@Roger Bansemer Sorry I misread your post, yes I have a few 'Custom' templates created & saved when I've dragged media onto the timeline, I often click Yes to match project & media.

No need to create own rendertemplates when using Voukoder for Vegas to render...Voukoder adepts project settings....also faster rendering and better quality with smallest filesize.

Roger Bansemer wrote on 3/7/2024, 7:20 AM

Best if the project and render template match. Vegas should ask you if you want to match project to the 1st media you drop on the timeline. If you said No, you can do it manually. And make it the the default for new projects:

You can also type in some text on the template line and click the little disk icon to add it to the default list. Don't know why, but I think project templates only save the description, frame size, and frame rate. But the new project default will save everything including the audio-tab settings.

Good tip. Thanks

Roger Bansemer wrote on 3/7/2024, 7:23 AM

All my videos on YT are standard FHD (1920x1080) or UHD (3840x2160) 30fps / 29.97fps AVC renders, the bitrate etc is left at the default settings which produces a video that's as good as the orig clips and more then good enough for YT,

I first uploaded in FHD to YT, with a better camera & better PC I started filming & uploading in UHD, my subs said they didn't notice the difference, the majority watch YT on a PC / Laptop / Tablet / phone etc. So UHD is more than necessary but even the few watching on a TV said FHD was ok.

Thanks. I've been uploading in 1080 and they look fine to me but just thought I'd get with the times and upload in 4k. I'll create and save a template for my project.

Roger Bansemer wrote on 3/7/2024, 7:26 AM

No need to create own rendertemplates when using Voukoder for Vegas to render...Voukoder adepts project settings....also faster rendering and better quality with smallest filesize.

That's good to know also. Now I know I can either use Voukoder which will automatically render with whatever the project settings were or use the Majic AVC render settings.