Comments

Grazie wrote on 3/19/2019, 10:23 PM

@jkerry - Are you then wanting each Line of Text to remain on the Screen? Or should they then move off Screen? Do you want the five lines to “Build” into a stationary Five line Block?

Dimitrios wrote on 3/19/2019, 10:28 PM

There are several ways to move text around. Pan crop is the most common. Using the push transition can be a nice short cut.

john_dennis wrote on 3/19/2019, 10:51 PM

Download and modify this Vegas 13 project.

It looks like this...

jkerry wrote on 3/19/2019, 10:51 PM

@jkerry - Are you then wanting each Line of Text to remain on the Screen? Or should they then move off Screen? Do you want the five lines to “Build” into a stationary Five line Block?

I am looking for something like they use on News Shows in the background where the text continues to scroll left and right for all the lines.

Grazie wrote on 3/19/2019, 11:08 PM
I am looking for something like they use on News Shows in the background where the text continues to scroll left and right for all the lines.

@jkerry - I’m now a little confused? Do you want the Text in the BG or is your Motion Graphic in the BG? Or is it this?:

Foreground: News Show (Newscaster?)

Midground: Your animated Text Block

Background: Motion Background

jkerry wrote on 3/19/2019, 11:18 PM

Download and modify this Vegas 13 project.

This is what I was looking for Thanks a great deal.

walter-i. wrote on 3/20/2019, 3:43 AM

Do you think that anyone can keep the meaning or content of the text?
Or is the main focus just the effect and not that information is given?
For me it would be very confusing to include information in this way.

EricLNZ wrote on 3/20/2019, 4:09 AM

I agree @walter-i. It needs to stop when the lines reach the middle so viewers can read it?

3POINT wrote on 3/20/2019, 5:46 AM

My goodness, I wouldn't be able to read my own name when it slides like that on the screen...

john_dennis wrote on 3/20/2019, 12:29 PM

@walter-i. "Do you think that anyone can keep the meaning or content of the text?"

I didn't make any value judgement about the effects of jkerry's request. I only created a starter project that one can use to meet the stated goals by changing the length of the media on the timeline and/or by moving Track Motion keyframes.

@EricLNZ "It needs to stop when the lines reach the middle so viewers can read it?"

@3POINT "My goodness, I wouldn't be able to read my own name when it slides like that on the screen..."

Try it...

The Fine Print

All my comments and sample projects are offered with a double-your-money-back guarantee.

jkerry wrote on 3/20/2019, 1:39 PM

I didn't ask for help to see how people are talking about it. If you watch talk shows the text does not stop and continues to scroll across the screen. It is not made to stop and read, it is a background to go into a TV screen behind the speaker. Nothing more. It adds to the set.

xberk wrote on 3/20/2019, 2:52 PM

>> it is a background

If I understand the OP, to put the text into the background would be the challenge. I think you'd need a matte in the foreground.

Paul B .. PCI Express Video Card: EVGA VCX 10G-P5-3885-KL GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA ,,  Intel Core i9-11900K Desktop Processor ,,  MSI Z590-A PRO Desktop Motherboard LGA-1200 ,, 64GB (2X32GB) XPG GAMMIX D45 DDR4 3200MHz 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-25600 Memory .. Seasonic Power Supply SSR-1000FX Focus Plus 1000W ,, Arctic Liquid Freezer II – 360MM .. Fractal Design case ,, Samsung Solid State Drive MZ-V8P1T0B/AM 980 PRO 1TB PCI Express 4 NVMe M.2 ,, Wundiws 10 .. Vegas Pro 19 Edit

walter-i. wrote on 3/20/2019, 4:48 PM

@john_dennis
"I didn't make any value judgement about the effects of jkerry's request. I only created a starter project that one can use to meet the stated goals by changing the length of the media on the timeline and/or by moving Track Motion keyframes."
Gosh, no criticism of your work - just great!

@jkerry
"I didn't ask for help to see how people are talking about it."
I thought it would be a credits and merely expressed my concerns that no one could read for overstimulation.