Small selection of animation options for Vegas titles

Vladimir-Maslov wrote on 2/2/2023, 12:40 PM

Hello.

Is it possible to make an animation for the titles, like in this video?

Maybe with third party plugins?

In general, in my opinion, in Vegas there is an extremely lack of options for animation of titles, it would be great to see new options in the next updates.

Thank you!

Comments

j-v wrote on 2/2/2023, 1:01 PM

Did you try the Mediagenerator Titles &Text or ProTyp titler with all its possibilities?

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W11 home version 23H2, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti with driver
560.70 Studiodriver and Intel HD graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Laptop  :Asus ROG Str G712L, W11 home version 23H2, CPU i7-10875H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Studiodriver 560.70 and Intel UHD Graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Vegas software: VP 10 to 21 and VMS(pl) 10,12 to 17.
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEM CELL DONOR!!! (because it saved my life in 2016)

monoparadox wrote on 2/2/2023, 2:20 PM

I'll just about guarantee the easiest and highest quality "titler" for Vegas is Affinity Photo, Photoshop or a similiar program that can create PSD files with layers. Bring alpha png's into Vegas as tracks and apply FX and transitions to your hearts desire. It's simple. You can easily adjust timing and other actions. I have yet to find a title program that comes close. You're only limited by your creativity and the quality can't be beat.

m3lquixd wrote on 2/2/2023, 4:22 PM

@Vladimir-Maslov Use the ProType Titler. It allows you to make animations like the one you showed.

Enable in: Options>Preferences>Deprecated Features>Enable ProType Titler

Here is a video tutorial about the tool.

Last changed by m3lquixd on 2/2/2023, 4:22 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

About me:
Hi! Melqui Calheiros Here. I've been using Vegas as my only video editor for over 10 years. I edit professionally for various influencers, public bodies and small businesses. My goal is to squeeze Vegas to the fullest! And end the prejudice that software has here in Brazil.

⬇️ Some of my jobs. ⬇️
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/post-your-vegas-creations--109464/?page=37#ca872169

PC Specs:
Operating System:
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
CPU:
    AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.60 GHz
RAM:
    32,0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 2666MHz
Motherboard:
    BIOSTAR Group B450MX-S (AM4)
Graphics:
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (ZOTAC International)
Storage:
    465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA )
    238GB Lexar 256GB SSD (SATA (SSD))
  931GB KINGSTON SNV2S1000G (SATA-2 (SSD))

3POINT wrote on 2/2/2023, 4:45 PM

@monoparadox 

I'll just about guarantee the easiest and highest quality "titler" for Vegas is Affinity Photo, Photoshop or a similiar program that can create PSD files with layers. Bring alpha png's into Vegas as tracks and apply FX and transitions to your hearts desire. It's simple. You can easily adjust timing and other actions. I have yet to find a title program that comes close. You're only limited by your creativity and the quality can't be beat.

Could you show some examples of text animations created with this workflow?

Elynde wrote on 2/3/2023, 12:10 AM

Yep. Titler Pro will do it. So will Vegas with Title Preset 4, two text layers, the layer dimensionality glow effect, and masking. Maybe a lens flare keyframed to the mask motion....

It is also possible in Vegas Effects using the String Fade Behavior, a duplicate text layer, super glow, and keyframed masks (this is all way easier than it sounds).

Grazie wrote on 2/3/2023, 1:07 AM

I give this as my alternative Listing.

1 - NewBlueTitler Pro5, but not, I repeat, no higher than NBTP5.

Pros: Works inside VP; Realtime previewing within the GUI. Has immense capabilities

Cons: None that I can think of? Other than NB's development program "appears" to be with "Live". Pity . . .

2 - BORIS Title Studio

Pros: As part of the BORIS Ranch, it can supply integration with BORIS FXs - Nice!

Cons: In my opinion, not there, yet, in being User Friendly. Hey, its BORIS!

3 - VP Text.

Pros: Simple easy Quick 'n Dirty?

Cons: Not very feature-rich.

4 - ProTypeTitler

Pros: Has an undying following amongst us here, who will be generous with their expertise and ingenuity.

Cons: Promised much, but, for me, fell at the last hurdle with the timings of certain Controls. Also, development hasn't been resurrected, which signed the death knell for PTT.

And, "Food for thought . . . . "

@monoparadox - Never thought about PSD Layers for Text. I've only been using this for importing "shapes".

Pros: If you're using this working flow anyway, give it a go, and slot it into your work. You will be able to slip n slide stuff as you want - almost 😉.

Cons: If you want to adjust the Text Plates you've gotta get back to the Plate in your Graphic editor. Which may be what @3POINT wishes to "appreciate".

Going back to @Vladimir-Maslov enquiry: What is it you really, really wish to do?

Vladimir-Maslov wrote on 2/3/2023, 3:46 AM

Going back to @Vladimir-Maslov enquiry: What is it you really, really wish to do?

Thank you!
I'll try to study BORIS Title Studio.

It is necessary for work, video clips with such animation of titles, as I indicated in the title, collect more views.

Since I make 5 videos a day, I need a friendly interface and the ability to create templates.

I'm sure BORIS will do.

walter-i. wrote on 2/3/2023, 5:50 AM
Since I make 5 videos a day, I need a friendly interface and the ability to create templates.

Lucky you - I'll be happy if I finish a video in 5 weeks 😢

Dexcon wrote on 2/3/2023, 6:01 AM

I'll be happy if I finish a video in 5 weeks

As a one-man band, if I'd started off in the 1930s creating 'Gone with the Wind', the world would still be waiting for the premiere screening - 😄😃😃

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

Reyfox wrote on 2/3/2023, 6:21 AM

If you want to see something a little different, and is only a standalone titler, google BluffTitler.

iEmby wrote on 2/3/2023, 8:19 AM

i want to say its PRO TYPE TITLER. The best text animation tool in VEGAS.

i don't know why VEGAS is planning to delete this tool in future.

i want to say that u can create almost any type of text title animation in pro type Titler.

like u want. i am just updating my comment with a tutorial link. in a few minutes.

PROCESSOR

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (Always Updated)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 (20 CPUs), ~2.1GHz - 4.90GHz
Memory: 32GB RAM
Page File: 11134MB used, 7934MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

-----------------------------------------------

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS PRIME H610-CS D4
Intel® H610 (LGA 1700)
Ready for 12th Gen Intel® Processors
Micro-ATX Motherboard with DDR4
Realtek 1 Gb Ethernet
PCH Heatsink
PCIe 4.0 | M.2 slot (32Gbps) 
HDMI® | D-Sub | USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
SATA 6 Gbps | COM header
LPT header | TPM header
Luminous Anti-Moisture Coating
5X Protection III
(Multiple Hardware Safeguards
For all-round protection)

EXTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD

INTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD (iGPU)

------------------------------------------------

LED - MONITOR

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 22es
Monitor Id: HWP331B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

STORAGE DRIVE

Drive: C:
Free Space: 182.3 GB
Total Space: 253.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WD Blue SN570 1TB (NVMe)

---------------O----------------

My System Info (PDF File).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-eoLmuXzshTRH_8RunAYAuNocKpiLoiV&usp=drive_fs

Also Check

VEGAS Scripts Collection By Me

GitHub Profile

My YouTube Channel Dedicated to Only VEGAS Pro Tutorials

EDITROOM : My YouTube Channel (For VEGAS Tutorials)

Reyfox wrote on 2/3/2023, 8:21 AM

Vegas does need a new updated built in title editor. People should not have to depend on 3rd party software to do basic things that consumer editing software does easily.

iEmby wrote on 2/3/2023, 9:58 AM

Always one & only

ProType Titler

PROCESSOR

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (Always Updated)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 (20 CPUs), ~2.1GHz - 4.90GHz
Memory: 32GB RAM
Page File: 11134MB used, 7934MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS PRIME H610-CS D4
Intel® H610 (LGA 1700)
Ready for 12th Gen Intel® Processors
Micro-ATX Motherboard with DDR4
Realtek 1 Gb Ethernet
PCH Heatsink
PCIe 4.0 | M.2 slot (32Gbps) 
HDMI® | D-Sub | USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
SATA 6 Gbps | COM header
LPT header | TPM header
Luminous Anti-Moisture Coating
5X Protection III
(Multiple Hardware Safeguards
For all-round protection)

EXTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD

INTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD (iGPU)

------------------------------------------------

LED - MONITOR

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 22es
Monitor Id: HWP331B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

STORAGE DRIVE

Drive: C:
Free Space: 182.3 GB
Total Space: 253.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WD Blue SN570 1TB (NVMe)

---------------O----------------

My System Info (PDF File).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-eoLmuXzshTRH_8RunAYAuNocKpiLoiV&usp=drive_fs

Also Check

VEGAS Scripts Collection By Me

GitHub Profile

My YouTube Channel Dedicated to Only VEGAS Pro Tutorials

EDITROOM : My YouTube Channel (For VEGAS Tutorials)

monoparadox wrote on 2/3/2023, 10:51 AM

@monoparadox 

Could you show some examples of text animations created with this workflow?

Lay out your title components using layers in your graphics program. Once you get individual elements of your title on layers ie. text and/or graphics, then import it into Vegas as a PSD with layers, You can apply any of your effects or transitions to individual layers/elements. Move them around, set lengths, etc. It's just basic compositing. Plus, you can add other elements directly from Vegas such as graphics, video, etc. if you want to. I would venture for most of you working in Vegas it's more intuitive to construct a complex title using basic Vegas features with this method than the complexity of many "advanced" title programs. My experience is they're all clunky. I've wasted more time setting keyframes and trying to get the right effect just to have it all crash down or have some quirky thing happen. Also, you can use individual "titles" as nested files to keep things neat and organized. It's also good in developing your Vegas skills and learning the power compositing.