URGENT - VEGAS PRO OPENING PROBLEM

EricLNZ wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:02 PM

Several users are reporting problems opening Vegas Pro. Not just version 20.

Possibly a recent Windows Update is causing the problem. Until it's resolved the following work around has been posted by several users.

Disconnect from internet > Open project > Reconnect to internet.

Edit: VEGAS Pro 20 build 403 solves this issue. See Here.

Comments

Gina-Hernandez wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:05 PM

this doesn't feel like a permanent solution

EricLNZ wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:07 PM

this doesn't feel like a permanent solution

It's not. It's a temporary work around until the cause of the problem is found and fixed.

bmorr wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:15 PM

Glad for this workaround. THIS WORKED FOR ME! WHEW!

I don't like it either but at this point I just wanted to get the program up and running so I can work. I don't have time for all these recent problems. Vegas Pro has been super inconvenient the past few months and its just not cool. Consistent issues like this cause users to consider other software. I really hope they figure this out soon and have a good run of consistent smoothness with the next release.

But THANK YOU for this. I needed this. So grateful.

qkNorris wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:15 PM

I can also confirm this behavior, windows 10 latest patch - vegas 20.0 build 402. Already tried the shift+enter method of clearing settings and cache, and a full reinstall. Vegas refuses to open.

Unplugging the ol' ethernet cable fixed the issue. Obviously this needs to be a critical issue.

FWIW if the devs read this - I tried to work some sysadmin magic, but blocking vegas200.exe in windows firewall didn't resolve the issue, so its related to one of the other dll's or executables that phone home at launch.

Gina-Hernandez wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:20 PM

Easier still follow Gid's suggestion in this thread https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-20-wont-open-after-new-update--140753/?page=2

Very True. I'm sure my boss wont like the fact I spent the last hour of work troubleshooting my editing software but it's running now. Thank you.

I didn't DL the recent version of Sony vegas they started pushing on my program yesterday, I wonder if that's a fix? I literally didn't have the issue earlier today though.

EricLNZ wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:30 PM

@Gina-Hernandez It's affecting several versions so unlikely to have been caused by the last VP update or version.

Also note "Sony" haven't been involved with Vegas for several years now https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/sony-vegas-vs-vegas--119881/

Curtis wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:34 PM

Several users are reporting problems opening Vegas Pro. Not just version 20.

Possibly a recent Windows Update is causing the problem. Until it's resolved the following work around has been posted by several users.

Disconnect from internet > Open project > Reconnect to internet.

Even after disconnecting from the internet my Vegas Pro 20.0 still will not open.

Bman12 wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:35 PM

Not working for me, even tried to boot up the computer with no internet and nothing. Stopped working after 6pm est today.

EricLNZ wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:37 PM

@Curtis @Bman12 Some other users are reporting that manually changing their systems date fixed the problem. It's all very bizarre.

Former user wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:41 PM

@Curtis Do you have WiFi turned on, ? I just tried it turning internet off but turning WiFi on & it wouldn't load

Bottom right Open Network & Internet settings & turn WiFi off.

Dexcon wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:47 PM

Given that so many are experiencing this problem and disconnecting from internet mostly enables Vegas Pro 19 and 20 to open suggests to me that something's gone awry with MAGIX's activation/phone home system ... or Y2K has hit 23.33 years later than expected🙂.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

Bman12 wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:47 PM

@Curtis @Bman12 Some other users are reporting that manually changing their systems date fixed the problem. It's all very bizarre.

Date change worked for me, so probably pin both temp solutions for now to the top. Thanks.

Matt-192 wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:51 PM

Disconnecting from the internet didn't work, but changing the date worked for me. Had to set it to before May 3. Setting it to a future date (e.g. May 7) didn't work.

What the heck

DeseanT wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:53 PM

Disabling ALL of my possible internet connections(even though I'm only using ethernet) worked for me finally. Did not work when I only Disabled my ethernet connection initially.

Brad-McDonald wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:54 PM

Can confirm this is also happening for Vegas 19.0 (Build 648). Disabling my internet worked for me as well. Thank you so much for this work around! Hopefully they fix this ASAP.

Vince_D wrote on 5/3/2023, 9:59 PM

Disabling the internet worked for me as well Vegas 19.0 (Build 648).

Thank the universe for this work around, I have a deadline this Friday and was starting to panic.

Also, Hello everyone, I've been a user since Vegas 8.0 and this is my first time posting.

Curtis wrote on 5/3/2023, 10:01 PM

Disconnecting from the internet didn't work, but changing the date worked for me. Had to set it to before May 3. Setting it to a future date (e.g. May 7) didn't work.

What the heck

I just tried and can confirm this worked for me as well. The internet had to be disconnected and the date manually changed to a date prior to May 3. @EricLNZ

EricLNZ wrote on 5/3/2023, 10:13 PM

It's all bizarre. Let's hope it gets sorted soon.

Juan-Garcia wrote on 5/3/2023, 10:29 PM

unfortunately for me, even when i disconnect my internet connection, the app doesn't start.

EricLNZ wrote on 5/3/2023, 10:33 PM

@Juan-Garcia Try the data altering suggestion.

Patrick-Tinsley wrote on 5/3/2023, 10:57 PM

This is what worked. I turned the date back to 2022, opened the program (It Worked) and Changed it back. So each time , just change the year, Open the program and then change the year back.

DStiles wrote on 5/3/2023, 11:43 PM

I can confirm this workaround works with changing the date and setting it back to current date works. I can't open it in 2023 though, so for now I have to leave the application open for the internet to work at the same time while I have Vegas Pro running.

Hopefully, this is fixed pretty fast tomorrow and we get back working normally.

bvideo wrote on 5/4/2023, 12:07 AM

One of the things involving both the internet and the time of day is "certificates". If a program accesses a service securely, it will check the servers certificate, which is a a proof of who they are. Certificates are stamped with an expiration date. If that date passed, the connection is considered insecure. But if the program can't access the service at all, maybe it doesn't care so much as it does about an insecure connection.