I had issues with Vegas 19.0. The last released build from Magix was unstable. I was able to resolve those issues via troubleshooting HERE. It seems those same issues carried across to Vegas 20 so I was able at the same time to get the trial of Vegas 20 to work on my machine and thereafter upgraded. Now it seems I'm having similar / same issue and Vegas 20 is hard crashing on my machine.
Vegas 20 has run reasonably well since I upgraded 15th August 2022. Then two days ago it became completely unstable and is becoming progressively worse.
I could load the software and edit for about a minute or two. Then the preview window sometimes went red, sometimes not. Either way my entire desktop / screen went either black or solid white.
Now, the software doesn't even make it past the loading / splash screen. It pops up a windows error reporting box. The entire system can become unresponsive, I cannot make it to task manager, at which point I have to hard reset.
- I've went back and rechecked the original solution linked above. It is still in effect (Stable Radeon Driver and Legacy HVEC support). No effect.
- I noticed there's also an issue with BCC plugins HERE. This doesn't quite seem to be my issue but looking into it trying to install latest BCC release. No effect (so far).
- I've reinstalled my graphics driver to the stable version. It was already at the stable version but thought maybe the driver corrupted. No effect.
- I also did a system restore to a point prior to my issues with Vegas and didn't resolve the problem.
- I'm currently trying to reinstall Vegas 20 to see if a library became corrupted or something to that effect. (in progress)
Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Personal rant: Magix if you are reading this you need to validate your software. Your software development management techniques and problem tracking are lacking. I used to setup management systems for safety critical software development as well as work on software on products I'm sure you've used. How would you like if your jet stopped working mid air? The pilots displays or flight controls stopped responding. I helped develop that stuff on aircraft I'm sure many of you have flown on. Quite discouraged as YET AGAIN the software has become unstable and I need it for my work. I'm a self employed creator. Last time this happened I was down for weeks. It's so frustrating, I have thousands into upgrades for your software, and you have logical errors let alone stability issues that have not been resolved since Version 10! I do realize you have to jive with software, drivers, etc that you have no control over too. However, every time I encounter an issue I think of all those bugs that have never been fixed since I started using the software in 2011.