I have an open ticket to support for this as well but is taking some time. Curious if anybody else is experiencing this...
Problem description: Populate timeline with h.265 clips from Go Pro Hero 10. Begin making cuts / editing in timeline. Vegas crashes and takes desktop with it. Specifically: screen goes white, unresponsive error dialog pops up, screen is totally locked up. I press control+alt+delete, go to task manager, and end the process for vegas. Then desktop comes back, sometimes at a lower resolution.
- Windows 10 Ultimate w/ Vegas 19 build 643
- PC: i7-6950x CPU / 64gb ram / Radeon 480x GPU / m.2 main drive & 1tb ssd edit drive (projects stored here)
- Dynamic ram preview set to zero and GPU acceleration disabled (no effect)
- Uninstalled Vegas 19 and reinstalled. Also, uninstalled all previous versions of Vegas (no effect)
- Rolled most recent windows updates to system via system restore (unsure what updates were but no effect)
Really frustrated about this as it is my machine for work. I'm self employed and need to get it working. It's not worked for nearly a month now. I cannot use any h.265 clips from GoPro Hero 10 as a result... I don't believe h.264 clips from other cameras are crashing it. However, a major part of my production process are those h.265 clips! It never had a problem before. Seems to have started doing this around the latest Vegas update to build 643... I'm not sure where to download previous Vegas 19 builds?