Vegas 5 : Tell us what you need

Comments

stakeoutstudios wrote on 12/24/2003, 2:42 AM
Make sure the Universal Audio UAD1 cards work without using huge amounts of host CPU.

This may be something that has to be resolved between Sony and Universal Audio but it's having a big impact on many of us!

Jason
pwppch wrote on 12/24/2003, 1:01 PM
This is a UAD-1 issue. They have a bug that they are very aware of.

Peter
SHTUNOT wrote on 12/24/2003, 7:38 PM
Did they fix it in the 3.3.1 driver?

Ed.
bgc wrote on 12/25/2003, 8:09 AM
From reading the forums at UA and other sites it sounds like they did, but I have not checked it myself.
B.
stakeoutstudios wrote on 12/27/2003, 6:59 AM
nah, it's not fixed in 3.3.1, sadly!

thanks for replying Peter!
wazer wrote on 12/27/2003, 8:06 AM
Please fix the measure overview on the timeline at different zooms. When
i zoom out my projekt (ca. 150 bars) i can't see the 1,5,9,.. bars. Maybe give those measure grids different color and show them ALWAYS (should be a function to turn on/off). It gives me faster edit on "mastersessions".

Thanx.

ps. the locate missing samples / HDD management needs a serious improvement, i think.. selectable HDDs (favourite folders?) please.

w!
MrPhil wrote on 1/13/2004, 2:46 AM
It would be really nice to have a complete mixer window, with not just the busses and master units, but also the channels themselves.
The really neat thing would be to be able to have that big mixer in a separate monitor, so you have two monitors, one showing the main Vegas window, and the other showing the mixer.

I would also like to color the tracks in any color I see fit.

Other than that, Vegas is super!

Come to think of it: a lot more ability to customize settings like wich keys you wanna use as transport (as a user of soundscape I'm used to the arrow-keys for transport) and to save an ini-file to start each session with your own personal settings and views of your choice.
A separate grid for viewing, and snapping. (so I can see whole bars, but snap to 1/16th for example)
Oh! And to make not only my day, but also my entire year: make Vegas control Soundscape's hardwares! (I know... asking too much here!)
datman wrote on 1/13/2004, 8:08 AM
DVD audio. I want to be able to burn large audio files to a dvd and be able to play them on most current dvd player. Track makes would be cool too.
datman wrote on 1/13/2004, 8:18 AM
DVD audio. I want to be able to burn long audio file to dvd and play them in most current dvd players. Track marks would be cool too
rraud wrote on 1/14/2004, 2:43 PM
My 2 or 3 cents:
1. Ability to open OMF files
2. Side-chain virtual inserts for ducking ect.
3. VST plugin compatability
soundlogics wrote on 1/17/2004, 10:20 PM
Please fix the problems with the crossfaders, cause some times it generates a very strange sound during the projects play back.

Thanks a lot.
soundlogics wrote on 1/17/2004, 10:23 PM
Hi, Please add play back dB meters.
soundlogics wrote on 1/17/2004, 10:25 PM
The VST is realy needed.
soundlogics wrote on 1/17/2004, 10:31 PM
We love this product and so we do not want to use any other one. that is why we need MIDI TRACKS in it cause it will make it the perfect tool for music producers.
DaSoundGuy wrote on 1/22/2004, 8:51 AM
Please allow us to specify a different path for the media files when saving with "Copy all all media with project".

This would allow a folder whose root contains only projects, and each project would have a subfolders with the audio files.

It would also be great if "copy all media" would allow a distinction between audio and video files so that different paths could be assigned for each and either or both could be chosen to be copied with this command.

I often do audio work for video where the video is completed; I don't need to back up that media (which can be very big) with my project.

TIA!

DSG
Acts7 wrote on 1/25/2004, 6:05 PM
its simple - need the ability to set the sensitivity.
then it generates keyframes based on that sensitivity.
(for synching music to video / image / title events)
Acts7 wrote on 1/25/2004, 6:05 PM
its simple - need the ability to set the sensitivity.
then it generates keyframes based on that sensitivity.
(for synching music to video / image / title events)
Acts7 wrote on 1/25/2004, 6:06 PM
oops sorrt - cant find edit button
Arnar wrote on 1/26/2004, 6:32 AM
I just remembered something that absolutely needs to be added (if someone is still monitoring this thread)...

I would love to be able to see the number of each take passing when recording in a loop.

Very often i hear the perfect take rolling by and there´s no way to know which number the take was.

thanks
grig wrote on 1/28/2004, 6:59 AM
here's my whish list:

-reverse event
-pitch enveloppe
-a really better time streching engine that doesn't sound so metallic (like prosonic time factory)
-Midi, of course
-Acid import
-VST support
-still image sequence export in other formats too (tga, etc...)

and many more, just let me think a little more about it! :)

thx!!

FuTz wrote on 1/28/2004, 7:00 AM

Reverse effect withourt having to "stick" to a video clip prior to... well, you get the picture...

PaulFury161 wrote on 1/28/2004, 12:18 PM
To be honest, I love vegas, and there isn't loads that I want for. The main things are;
1)VST plugin support - mainly so I can run the Universal Audio UAD-1 DSP card and it's plugins.
2) A good, cost effective control surface - or a template for the mackie hui/baby hui/mackie control universal....
3)A rewire style sync option for simultaneous operation with acid. That way i don't need
MIDI in vegas, can keep things seperate, but work in tandem.

4) MOTU to sort out the drivers so i can buy a laptop and an 896 II HD and record 16 tracks of bands on location straight into vegas via firewire, then come home, transfer the files by network, and hotsawp the MOTU box with my big machine and use it to insert all my analogue FX.

well, i can dream ;-p

Cheers!

Paul Fury 161
TimmyD wrote on 1/30/2004, 8:17 AM
In the general prefereces page, 3rd from the top, check "Show Active take name in events"

Also -- view "edit details" -- lots of great info there for selected clips.

td
bgc wrote on 1/30/2004, 8:44 AM
PaulFury - I'm using the UAD-1 right now - it supports DX format.
B.