Vegas 6 Features -- It's That Time Again...

Comments

swarrine wrote on 11/15/2004, 10:20 AM
I'm with Farss. Fix RIPPLE and other little nasty annoyances that make work dissapear.

Thank you.

Still on V4 and waiting...
craftech wrote on 11/15/2004, 10:24 AM
Fix the long standing problems described here since before Version 3.0 such as flash frames, audio flatlines, and on and on or you guys should refuse to buy it like I did with Version 5. They will never fix the problems that bug you all if you keep waving your money in the air. We have been through this twice already and you never learn.

John
Lloyd66 wrote on 11/15/2004, 4:29 PM
rs170a wrote:
You already can. The Velocity envelope allows you to go 300%. CTRL-click the end frame and drag it back to get a further 400%. Render that to a new track and repeat as required.

That's the problem I have with it. If I want a clip at 1000%, I don't want to do the math between the velocity envelopes and ctrl-drag. And I don't want to have to render a new clip if I need it sped up more than 12 times, because it just gets more complicated. Thanks for trying to help, though.
MRe wrote on 11/15/2004, 10:40 PM
In my other thread I asked for templates. So here it is now: V6 should have the concept of templates.

There is always a possibility to make an empty .veg-file and use it as a template but templates would prevent one to accidentally overwrite the source.
swarrine wrote on 11/16/2004, 8:30 AM
If you don't improve the titler, please add the ability to size the width of the drop shadow.
SeaJohn wrote on 11/16/2004, 9:31 AM
- Add an option so that when a clip with keyframes is lengthened or shortened via dragging its edge, the keyframes' locations automatically scale to the new length. (e.g. If I have a graphic which is 4 seconds long, with pan/crop keyframes at 0,2, and 4 seconds, and I expand it to 10 seconds long, the keyframes automatically move to 0, 5, and 10 seconds).

- While creating a transition, display the length of the transition
PAW wrote on 11/16/2004, 12:20 PM

Nested Timelines (like Prem Pro sequences) is top of the list

MRe project templates can be acheived with the Ultimat-S plugin, it works extremeley well

Paul
Rom wrote on 11/16/2004, 12:25 PM
DTS capability would be nice. AC3 is not all it's cracked up to be.
Steve Mann wrote on 11/16/2004, 1:09 PM
Be careful what you wish for.

Adding third party codecs or licensing code to add a patented feature adds to the cost of the product. Before you know it, Vegas will cost $1500.

Also, every new feature you add adds to the size and complexity of the program. Some people call this "Program Bloat", and they rightly accuse this as the cause of instability in Microsoft Windows. Is this, perhaps, why Adobe Premiere has the nickname: "Crash"? Is this an AE feature that you really want?
busterkeaton wrote on 11/16/2004, 10:04 PM
Here's a couple of tiny little features that would be nice.

1 Right clicking the Solo or Mute button gives you options of Solo ALL and Solo None

2 An option to be able to scroll through Active compositing modes either with the arrow keys or the mouse wheel. So if I want to see what the composite looks like in Darken or Difference, I can easily switch between them.
Spot|DSE wrote on 11/16/2004, 10:18 PM
Now THERE are two of the best I've heard yet. Damn good idea, Buster!
blacksheep699 wrote on 11/17/2004, 6:36 AM
1. Track motion

2. the features Buster said

3. Ability to import 3D projects with software such as Maya and able to manipulate the cameras and stuff like that...some stuff that AE does

4. Or they should just create a whole new program that interwines with Vegas where you can switch back and fourth in real time and the edits that you make in one program show up in the other so you can edit other things...like an AE program....you make an edit to a 3d clip or whatever your doing then it shows up in Vegas...instead of rendering clips like crazy.
NickHope wrote on 11/17/2004, 12:00 PM
Top of my list is a live (continuously updating readout) of the length of the clip as I'm dragging (ripple editing) either end of it, NOT just the readout that's already buried down in Edit Details. I'm talking about having it somewhere up on the event itself for quick feedback.

My thread on this is here:

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?MessageID=292505&Replies=7&Page=0
Spot|DSE wrote on 11/17/2004, 1:34 PM
You don't have to do the math. Nor do you have to CTRL+Drag. Just right click, choose Properties, set the playback speed, and add the Velocity filter accordingly. This will keep the event in place, so you aren't adding/subtracting length.
busterkeaton wrote on 11/17/2004, 2:55 PM
Thanks Spot, both of those occurred to me about a half hour before I posted.

busterkeaton wrote on 11/18/2004, 12:09 AM
OK, this one seems harder to implement.

How about a way of changing many keyframes at once.

Say I just keyframed a bunch of text to appear on the screen letter by letter, but then I find it's not in the title safe area, so I have to change the size of my font or choose a different font. How about being able to select mulitple keyframes and then hitting a Apply to Selected keyframes button. But it would only apply the change you made.
AlanC wrote on 11/18/2004, 5:55 AM
All I want for Christmas is:

1. A more accurate method of calculating the anticipated render time. The current method (unless they changed it in V5) is, without wishing to be too harsh, pathetic.

2. A simple audible tone that sounds when the render is finished. (with a mute switch for when the anticipated time starts off at 30 minutes but is only 5% done by bed time)

Alan

blacksheep699 wrote on 11/18/2004, 6:24 AM
heres another...fixing the Beizer masking part...i have this one clip where i composite into anothe one and i go frame by frame changing the Beizer shape..but when i change it to a new keyframe and position...vegas acts stupid and doesnt want to change the image and then i get a weird look to the other clip under the Beizer mask...like a bit of it is cut off at the edge...they gatta fix that bug.
AndyMac wrote on 11/18/2004, 4:19 PM
Track Motion Presets!!

*Please* bring them back! Multi-cam editing is a real PITA without them.
jetdv wrote on 11/18/2004, 5:47 PM
Track Motion Presets!!

No it's not! Excalibur 3 will do it FOR you!!!
Grazie wrote on 11/18/2004, 11:51 PM
er .. what's a PITA? I use it to put my kebabs in? - G
FrigidNDEditing wrote on 11/19/2004, 12:12 AM
There are more jargons thrown out on this thread than I think I've ever seen.
That aside, I hear nested timelines over and over again, what are they?

thanx
Grazie wrote on 11/19/2004, 1:19 AM
I can do this one!

Nested Timelines is the ability to "Nest" projects within projects WITHIN an already open Vegas Project . . Timeline, . . yes? This would then make it possible to "import" a Veggie into another open veggie. Yes we can copy and paste events from one open instance of Vegas into another one .. Nested means that the whole project would be imported - well at least the Timelines of the other vegas instance - bit like importing pictures into a graphics package OR bringing into a Word document into an open one. But here the "nesting" would mean there would be the appearance of a series of tracks - not dissimilar to PArent:Child tracks we have in V4 and V5 I guess - but what do I know .. ? I don't know how Sony is figuring this out OR if they are attempting OR what beta testers IF ANY are being used to experience this .. it is gonna be a biggy for them . .. Do Premmie users have this? I dunno.

Grazie
Videocanuck wrote on 11/19/2004, 10:40 AM
I used Cinestream 3.0 before Vegas and it had "nested timelines," which they called "compositions." I found them to be very useful. I'll use Vegas terms to describe how it worked. Essentially, you could create multiple projects within the main project window. Each sub-project could have many tracks and effects. In the main project window, the sub-project appeared as a single event on the timeline on one track. The single sub-project event could then be easily moved around on the timeline. If you wanted to edit the sub-project, you still could and the changes automatically appeared on the main project timeline in the single event. Some of the advantages were that you could:
- separate the project into parts for better organization
- nest sub-projects to simplify complex effects
- create alternate versions for comparison, or for re-use in other projects.

I had previously put in my request that nested timelines be in Vegas 5, so here's hoping they will be in the next version!!