VEGAS Pro 15 release date

Comments

glovercover wrote on 8/21/2017, 4:20 PM

I would very much like Vegas Pro 15 to import MKV files.

Every time I need to edit an MKV file, I need to convert (without loss) with XMedia Recode to .MP4 when using the Vegas timeline.

Vegas Pro 15 could also export to MKV, with chapter markers and multiple audio tracks. Vegas Pro 15 could also export region names as subtitle embedded in the MKV file.

I do not want to upset you, but I would not count on it! This will not be in the 15th version, and never at all. MKV = piracy. Sorry, but that's how it is. If this happens, I'll eat my hat! :)

vjsouza wrote on 8/21/2017, 4:35 PM

Every time I need to edit an MKV file, I need to convert (without loss) with XMedia Recode to .MP4 when using the Vegas timeline.

Vegas Pro 15 could also export to MKV, with chapter markers and multiple audio tracks. Vegas Pro 15 could also export region names as subtitle embedded in the MKV file.

I do not want to upset you, but I would not count on it! This will not be in the 15th version, and never at all. MKV = piracy. Sorry, but that's how it is. If this happens, I'll eat my hat! :)

Piracy is not a file extension! You are uninformed. Pirated movies and music can have .AVI, .RMVB, .MP3, .FLAC, .ASF, etc. extension. It is not the file extension who defines whether the content is pirated or not. I do my productions in MKV with menu, as in DVD or Blu-ray Disc with the program TMPGEnc PGMX Creator. The program is legal, not illegal. I have used it since its release, and I deliver my all productions in MKV with PGMX architecture. MY customers liked and approved. MKV PGMX runs with menu on Windows, iOS and Android. It runs on all devices running MP4. Find out more about MKV files.

glovercover wrote on 8/21/2017, 4:45 PM

Piracy is not a file extension! You are uninformed. Pirated movies and music can have .AVI, .RMVB, .MP3, .FLAC, .ASF, etc. extension. It is not the file extension who defines whether the content is pirated or not. I do my productions in MKV with menu, as in DVD or Blu-ray Disc with the program TMPGEnc PGMX Creator. The program is legal, not illegal. I have used it since its release, and I deliver my all productions in MKV with PGMX architecture. MY customers liked and approved. MKV PGMX runs with menu on Windows, iOS and Android. It runs on all devices running MP4. Find out more about MKV files.

Yes, perhaps you are right! But I think your case is quite rare. But let's leave it.

MKV is not a format, it's a container, right? Accordingly, different combinations of compression formats can occur inside. And this can not guarantee a stable work.

There are accepted industrial formats and standards. But not MKV.

Confident for the end user, the MKV can be quite convenient, but not for editing.

But let's not argue, maybe I'm wrong. But experience suggests that this will not happen?

Other professional editors are able to import MKV?? Premier? Resolve? FinalCut?

Robert W wrote on 8/21/2017, 5:14 PM

Yes, perhaps you are right! But I think your case is quite rare. But let's leave it.

MKV is not a format, it's a container, right? Accordingly, different combinations of compression formats can occur inside. And this can not guarantee a stable work.

There are accepted industrial formats and standards. But not MKV.

Confident for the end user, the MKV can be quite convenient, but not for editing.

But let's not argue, maybe I'm wrong. But experience suggests that this will not happen?

Other professional editors are able to import MKV?? Premier? Resolve? FinalCut?

I use MKVs when capturing videos in OBS Studio from webcam devices. The reason is very simple. If the machine crashes in the middle of generating an .mp4, the file is useless. If it crashes when generating a .mkv, the file is still usable. MKV containers are therefore more reliable and robust in the modern Youtube/social media environment. I think support in Vegas is essential.

glovercover wrote on 8/21/2017, 5:22 PM

I use MKVs when capturing videos in OBS Studio from webcam devices. The reason is very simple. If the machine crashes in the middle of generating an .mp4, the file is useless. If it crashes when generating a .mkv, the file is still usable. MKV containers are therefore more reliable and robust in the modern Youtube/social media environment. I think support in Vegas is essential.

Do not think I'm not against supporting MKV in Vegas. And I think that this would be a good competitive advantage. I just think that it is hardly possible, and I give the reasons why. Agree it will not be interesting, if we all say - yes it would not be bad, I personally need this function :)
I use NVENC in OBS. You know why :)

toineenzo wrote on 8/21/2017, 6:57 PM

One more week to go! So excited!

Looking at the post on vegas-magazine.com, i think it Will actually be a very good release with kots of new features.

I hope that they mean by "facelift", also make menus likes settings much Better organised.

They say, they Will add new technology. I BETTER hope that they finally add propper GPU support because since Vegas 12 i have had a lot of problems and crashes because of bad GPU support.

Also, I really hope they juiced up the built file manager. It was sooo slow. And when a lot of files where imported, Vegas can't handle it.

I also hope for some new effects but not really important, because newblue totalfx is life.

Last but not least, I'm so that they finally introduce "theme" settings, because I really started to dislike that ugly grey color!

glovercover wrote on 8/21/2017, 7:05 PM

One more week to go! So excited!

Looking at the post on vegas-magazine.com, i think it Will actually be a very good release with kots of new features.

I hope that they mean by "facelift", also make menus likes settings much Better organised.

They say, they Will add new technology. I BETTER hope that they finally add propper GPU support because since Vegas 12 i have had a lot of problems and crashes because of bad GPU support.

Also, I really hope they juiced up the built file manager. It was sooo slow. And when a lot of files where imported, Vegas can't handle it.

I also hope for some new effects but not really important, because newblue totalfx is life.

Last but not least, I'm so that they finally introduce "theme" settings, because I really started to dislike that ugly grey color!

If you've seen Vegas Movie Studio 14, then you can imagine what Vegas 15 will look like. But I'm sure that it's not all the changes that await us. I really look forward to new notes in vegas-magazine.com and of course I would like to see a new video presentation about new Vegas Pro 15 with Gary

glovercover wrote on 8/21/2017, 7:16 PM

And yes, do not forget to subscribe to new official Vegas Pro channel on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk07TYuqw_MOGbCU_RPtsGg

Finally it appeared!

set wrote on 8/21/2017, 7:24 PM

And yes, do not forget to subscribe to new official Vegas Pro channel on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk07TYuqw_MOGbCU_RPtsGg

Finally it appeared!

Subscribed!!

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

NickHope wrote on 8/22/2017, 3:31 AM

+1

OndrejPopp wrote on 8/22/2017, 9:56 AM

+1

I convert it with ffmpeg on linux. I run Vegas in the Oracle virtual box where I have windows 7 installed, but the virtual box runs under linux. It is no hardware rendering for me, so I personally do not expect much in that direction, but concerning video format handling and conversions I have the whole linux toolset at my disposal. So, when I have an mkv I just convert it on linux and then I read it into Vegas on the Virtual Box. Thought I could share this if that would be of any interest. Bottom line, my conversions are always stable not a single crash, etc...

Kit-As-Was wrote on 8/24/2017, 8:33 PM

Some want monochromatic buttons

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but this strains the bounds of my credulity. The buttons in Vegas 14 are horrible blobs. I just hope the new buttons will be distinguishable, or better pinch an idea from Corel and allow users to customise or use their own buttons.

fr0sty wrote on 8/24/2017, 9:56 PM

Some sort of auto-sync feature for multicam would be great. I know my friends that use FCP have said it features something like that. I spend a ton of time syncing my multicam edits, especially when I shoot in 4K and my cameras span to new clips every 5 minutes, which do not stay in perfect sync (they lose 2-3 frames of sync per span). Syncing all of those clips can consume the better part of a workday on some edits.

Another annoyance when editing in multicam, when a clip spans (because the file size reached 4.4gb and it bled over into a new clip), Vegas will jump to another camera angle automatically if that clip was selected when it spanned. If there isn't one already, I'd love some way to disable that or at least to be able to specify which clip I want it to cut to rather than it selecting which one it wants to go to on its own. I often have to double back to correct errors caused by the camera angle jumping around when clips span during multicamera edits. You can't easily do that with the tracks collapsed into a multicam track, so I have to go back after I expend the tracks again and find those points.

Last changed by fr0sty on 8/24/2017, 10:01 PM, changed a total of 3 times.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

redpaw wrote on 8/25/2017, 6:17 AM

Some sort of auto-sync feature for multicam would be great. I know my friends that use FCP have said it features something like that. I spend a ton of time syncing my multicam edits, especially when I shoot in 4K and my cameras span to new clips every 5 minutes, which do not stay in perfect sync (they lose 2-3 frames of sync per span). Syncing all of those clips can consume the better part of a workday on some edits.

They've actually added that to latest update of Movie Studio, so i would expect it to feature in the vegas pro as well (hopefully with more controls)

kairosmatt wrote on 8/25/2017, 9:18 AM

Any news on fixing that terrible crash when you're opening a project and its just hangs when the processor hits 25% in task manager (and stays there indefinitely)? Still happens in 14. Will instantly upgrade to 15 if this is fixed.

NickHope wrote on 8/25/2017, 9:25 AM

Any news on fixing that terrible crash when you're opening a project and its just hangs when the processor hits 25% in task manager (and stays there indefinitely)? Still happens in 14. Will instantly upgrade to 15 if this is fixed.

Any more details? This post might help, and the info listed in part 23 of it would certainly help diagnose the problem: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-troubleshooting-crashing-and-stability--104785/ Probably better on a new thread in the Vegas Pro forum, unless you've already posted about it in there.

OndrejPopp wrote on 8/25/2017, 9:43 AM

Any more details? This post might help, and the inqfo listed in part 23 of it would certainly help diagnose the problem: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-troubleshooting-crashing-and-stability--104785/ Probably better on a new thread in the Vegas Pro forum, unless you've already posted about it in there.

It is my experience, anyway what I see happening, that "hanging" of Vegas, is just a slow i/o issue. Especially with big files, mp4, and about one Gig in size. In this situation Vegas appears to be "not responding" for a few minutes but then it comes back. I have my data on an external Raid server running linux, which I am accessing via linux nfs, while Vegas is running in the Oracle virtual box under windows 7. And so I am used to give it some time to read everything in. Most of the time that's all, sometimes it crashes though but not very frequently. Sometimes I had also some problems reading in nested projects, and so I got used to render every project seperately and assemble it in Dvd Architect. I will see how things improved in V15, 3 more days to go, and then we will know :)

Its almost weekend now so I guess the release is ready to go on Monday. Have a great weekend everybody.

kairosmatt wrote on 8/25/2017, 10:00 AM

Thanks Nick,

I haven't posted here in years, but have been fairly regularly checking in. I have seen that thread and tried several solutions, including waiting (as OndrejPopp) suggests. Occasionally waiting will actually work, but not always. It is often just a random file (today it was a wave file from an SCS loop bundle) that for whatever reason if you can isolate and re render and replace and it will fix it. By the way that original file is alive and well in several other projects without incident, and its not always a wav that does it!

I think I started a thread about this years ago, and I know other people have this issue. I send in error reports a lot of the time, although recently I haven't. Maybe I lost heart on Vegas, but I guess I'm just hoping with new management this issue will be resolved!

kairosmatt

thom-drewke wrote on 8/26/2017, 1:07 AM

I very much agree with fr0sty who suggested a new Benchmark file so we can all stress test what hardware we have. important to know what v 15 expects.

Right now watching my Vegas 16 Pro crash on my temporary HP Omen 875 series, i9-9900K at base 3.60GHz, 32 G ram, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit of course), C: drive is brand new 1 TB Intel SSD plus 2 TB D: drive for storage and GEForce RTX 2080ti

Jam_One wrote on 8/26/2017, 8:54 AM

Yes, a new official benchmark file, pretty please!

...And maybe a SysDiag utility in the future...

fr0sty wrote on 8/27/2017, 1:52 AM

A function for turning video into timelapse would be cool... as in, instead of using the velocity rubber band, I'd also like to be able to specify "take one frame every "x" seconds from this video". I had multiple cameras rolling both timelapse and video during the eclipse, and for my shorter edits I'm speeding up the video clips to match the speed of the timelapse clips. So, I'm having to boost velocity to 1000%, render it down, then boost it again. Very time consuming.

Last changed by fr0sty on 8/27/2017, 1:53 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

usbsound wrote on 8/27/2017, 1:55 AM

Esperando a Vegas Pro 15 con una Hamburguesa. Gracias Magix por las Hamburguesas.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Waiting for Vegas Pro 15 with a Hamburger. Thank you Magix for the Hamburgers.

OndrejPopp wrote on 8/27/2017, 7:05 AM

A function for turning video into timelapse would be cool... as in, instead of using the velocity rubber band, I'd also like to be able to specify "take one frame every "x" seconds from this video". I had multiple cameras rolling both timelapse and video during the eclipse, and for my shorter edits I'm speeding up the video clips to match the speed of the timelapse clips. So, I'm having to boost velocity to 1000%, render it down, then boost it again. Very time consuming.

I don't know if this is exactly what you are doing, but maybe you can use ffmpeg for this. I found an article here. http://mahugh.com/2015/04/29/creating-time-lapse-videos/

I never made any time lapse videos myself, but I am using ffmpeg to create mozaics from my video files. I use ffmpeg to extract a screenshot from my videos say every minute, 10 or 30 seconds. And then use a photo viewer, I use digikam, to view the images. In this way I can easily find back the right video files when I am searching for a certain scene I recorded somewehere a while ago. It works also with DVDs, I can scan through them say every 10 seconds to see exactly whats on them.

altarvic wrote on 8/27/2017, 7:18 AM

Maybe Undersample Rate in event properties is what you are looking for?