Vegas Pro 18 - Error code: -17

Comments

lucas-r wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:14 PM

I don't work for Magix, I'm just a VEGAS user. That is how the problem has to be fixed. If you're not willing to do that, get a refund and move on.

You're a moderator from VEGAS forum, for all the people that's reading here, you're talking on their behalf.

fr0sty wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:15 PM

I didn't do anything, again, I'm a user, and you have no rights with me. Your fix is a refund.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

fr0sty wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:16 PM

The only people here that speak on behalf of Magix of VEGAS Creative Software have the word VEGAS in front of their name. Everyone else are just VEGAS users, some of which volunteer to help moderate these threads. Speaking of which, I'd like to remind all of you that you're violating the community standards... I'm gonna let it fly for now, but eventually we'll have to start cracking down. If you have issues with how this is being handled, take it up with Magix customer support.

Last changed by fr0sty on 9/4/2020, 4:18 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

lucas-r wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:17 PM

I didn't do anything, again, I'm a user, and you have no rights with me. Your fix is a refund.

VEGAS official forum moderator (Talking in behalf of VEGAS/MAGIX), besides user.

Fedeff wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:17 PM

This is unacceptable from Vegas. They shold accept that they made a mistake, it's not our problem.

VEGASDerek wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:18 PM

@lucas-r
Please leave the moderators out of this. They are simply users just like you and cannot solve this problem for you. The difficulties you are having with the software is not their fault. We are working with Steam to rectify the situation. The only solution for you at this point as we work this out is to ask Steam for a refund and to either repurchase the product from us directly( or through another trusted vendor) or wait until we make it available again on Steam.

lucas-r wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:18 PM

The only people here that speak on behalf of Magix of VEGAS Creative Software have the word VEGAS in front of their name. Everyone else are just VEGAS users.

Thanks for confirming, people shouldn't pay attention to your responses then, and just wait for Derek to reply back with a proper solution.

lucas-r wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:20 PM

@lucas-r
Please leave the moderators out of this. They are simply users just like you and cannot solve this problem for you. The difficulties you are having with the software is not their fault. We are working with Steam to rectify the situation. The only solution for you at this point as we work this out is to ask Steam for a refund and to either repurchase the product from us directly( or through another trusted vendor) or wait until we make it available again on Steam.

Thanks, Derek. Moderators put theirselves into this, by replying as if they have the last solution. Not just me, the rest of the users got fr0sty's answer as MAGIX answer for the issue.

I think that most of us will wait for the solution. Thanks again for clarifying.

Fedeff wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:21 PM

I mean, people that bought this program for that price, wouldnt have bought it for 300 usd, so be happy that people gave you money.

fr0sty wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:24 PM

Wouldn't it be great if it worked that way...

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

andyrpsmith wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:38 PM

Maybe time to close this thread.

(Intel 3rd gen i5@4.1GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, 1080Ti GPU, Windows 10) Not now used with Vegas.

13th gen i913900K - water cooled, 96GB RAM, 4TB M2 drive, 4TB games SSD, 2TB video SSD, GPU RTX 4080 Super, Windows 11 pro

VEGASDerek wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:41 PM

Thanks for confirming, people shouldn't pay attention to your responses then, and just wait for Derek to reply back with a proper solution.

Lucas, stop the attacks on the moderators. We told them the response for this situation. We do not typically engage like this in the forums.

I am curious why the solutions suggested are not an option for you? The only reason that it would be a problem is if you purchased it resale, which we have absolutely no control over.

Fedeff wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:43 PM

I don't work for Magix, I'm just a VEGAS user. That is how the problem has to be fixed. If you're not willing to do that, get a refund and move on.

I dont want a refund, I just want the program to work, and I know it can be fixed, but you will never admit it was your problem to put the Vegas Pro 18 at only 14$ ARS.

lucas-r wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:44 PM

Lucas, stop the attacks on the moderators. We told them the response for this situation. We do not typically engage like this in the forums.

I am curious why the solutions suggested are not an option for you? The only reason that it would be a problem is if you purchased it resale, which we have absolutely no control over.

I replied later with my reasons for what I said.

Thanks, Derek

Fedeff wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:44 PM

We all know you can fix the problem, and that the problem was caused on purpose. Just admit it was your fault to put it at 14$ ARS, and let the people use it. We bought it. It's not our problem.

SylveonTM wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:47 PM

we buy the program in the steam store, Why are they accusing us of buying for resale? do you need me to give you the receipt?

Xylber wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:55 PM

The only way to fix this registration error on steam is to get a refund and repurchase a new key for the software, unfortunately.

That is not a solution because when I refunded it to Steam I didn't get the refund to my bank account nor credit card, but to my "Steam Wallet". I'm forced to spend the money on steam videogames...

HQ063 wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:55 PM

We purchased it in SALE, which is very different from a resale. And I'd actually be very happy to receive a refund at the current price. But requesting us to get a refund at the sale price and buy it again at full price is completely illegal. You must provide a fix or a replacement version for free.

fr0sty wrote on 9/4/2020, 4:58 PM

Now you admit the reason why the refund isn't an adequate response... you know that you got the software far cheaper than you were supposed to, and you feel entitled to it anyway.

SylveonTM wrote on 9/4/2020, 5:03 PM

Now you admit the reason why the refund isn't an adequate response... you know that you got the software far cheaper than you were supposed to, and you feel entitled to it anyway.

cancel a purchase to ask us to buy it again outside of steam also breaks with its term and conditions, what you are saying is very serious

Pito45 wrote on 9/4/2020, 5:05 PM

If they deny me the use of the software, if they invalidate my license, I will put my lawyers on fraud of the company towards the consumer.
it's your fault, not ours.

fr0sty wrote on 9/4/2020, 5:06 PM

Which terms and conditions would those be?

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

el-osc wrote on 9/4/2020, 5:07 PM

So if you pay 1 dollar for something it is not supposed to work? You are far from right...
You can't make someone take a refund on a Legitimate retailer sale and make it buy it again from the developer out of sale.

SylveonTM wrote on 9/4/2020, 5:09 PM

Which terms and conditions would those be?

they are skip the commissions that steam charges for publishing their program in the store