Comments

j-v wrote on 1/5/2020, 9:44 AM

Maybe you must in the BIOS allow that Intell GPU to show up and use.
On the desktop from signature I had to dive deep in the BIOS to find that option and switched it on. Before that the QSV renderoptions of the Intell GPU did not show up in Voukoder nor Vegas Pro.

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W11 home version 23H2, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti with driver
560.70 Studiodriver and Intel HD graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Laptop  :Asus ROG Str G712L, W11 home version 23H2, CPU i7-10875H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Studiodriver 560.70 and Intel UHD Graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Vegas software: VP 10 to 21 and VMS(pl) 10,12 to 17.
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEM CELL DONOR!!! (because it saved my life in 2016)

eikira wrote on 1/6/2020, 1:52 AM

Maybe you must in the BIOS allow that Intell GPU to show up and use.
On the desktop from signature I had to dive deep in the BIOS to find that option and switched it on. Before that the QSV renderoptions of the Intell GPU did not show up in Voukoder nor Vegas Pro.

the iGPU is of course activated in the bios, othervise vegas and HOS would not see it and i would not be able to use it there...

RogerS wrote on 1/12/2020, 6:39 AM

I was glad to see V3 come out and installed it without issue. I shared it with a FB Vegas group and a couple users were enthusiastic as well. I plan to use this going forward as it's quick and high quality.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

MikeLV wrote on 2/5/2020, 4:19 PM

@Vouk does it have resizing and deinterlacing?

Marco. wrote on 2/5/2020, 5:19 PM

Both is available in Voukoder via the filter section (and a simple resizing is done by using the Vegas Pro project size).

Former user wrote on 2/5/2020, 10:10 PM

@Vouk are you planning to keep this free, supported by patreon donations or when it's bug free enough start charging for it? It's an amazing addition for x264 encoding, faster and more efficient than magix AVC encoder.

HappyOtterScripts has been an obvious Paid commercial product from the very start but unsure about your plugin. If it does become commercial, any ideas how much you'll be asking for it?

Vouk wrote on 2/6/2020, 2:24 AM

@Former user I plan to keep this for free, yes. It is based on OpenSource and Free Software and I'd like to continue this (though I don't have to). So, yes, my patrons on Patreon are mainly funding this project and I very much appreciate this. But I have to admit that after more than 3 years I still put more money into this project than I get out of it and unfortunately the patronage is decreasing.

So it is just a question of my motivation and how much time I will put into it. Currently I have like 20 patrons out of around 12000 users. It'd be nice if more users would decide to support the project. As mentioned on patreon it'd be great to have enough patronage to work only 4 days/week in my day job and spend 1 full day/week on voukoder (or even more).

Another possibility is if some companies decide to sponsor the project.

That's the current situation.

Vouk wrote on 2/6/2020, 2:28 AM

Both is available in Voukoder via the filter section (and a simple resizing is done by using the Vegas Pro project size).

Exactly. The resize filter just provides more advanced scaling algorithms (like spline), but it's also alot slower.

Marco. wrote on 2/6/2020, 3:41 AM

"HappyOtterScripts has been an obvious Paid commercial product from the very start"

From the very start which is at least two years ago now and at very least for the upcoming months Happy Otter Scripts still is a free product which may become commercial in the future.

Former user wrote on 2/6/2020, 5:19 AM

I don't have any criticism of HOS being a commercial product other than the company refusing to say how much it will sell for, or even approximate price so I don't use it anymore, as I don't want to be ambushed with a $400 pricetag after relying on it as part of my normal workflow when I was expecting a $69 price

Voukoder I can use current version forever for free, HOS I need to agree to a very long legal contract & the software/key will self destruct after a number of weeks. Voukoder is enthusiast software, HOS is a capitalist business model. Both great projects making Vegas Pro better.

JN- wrote on 2/6/2020, 6:01 AM

“as I don't want to be ambushed with a $400 pricetag after relying on it as part of my normal workflow when I was expecting a $69 price”

This is a valid point all right. I haven’t dipped my toe in either yet, just waiting till launch of HOS commercially. Given Vegasaurs price of 99$ I doubt HOS will exceed that, probably less.

In the in term if its going to take another 2 years, maybe declare an upper price limit, or be done with it and stop adding features for now, fix the bugs and launch.

@Vouk You should just charge a small fee for it, again when you consider its mostly bug free.

Last changed by JN- on 2/6/2020, 6:02 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

---------------------------------------------

VFR2CFR, Variable frame rate to Constant frame rate link to zip here.

Copies Video Converts Audio to AAC, link to zip here.

Convert 2 Lossless, link to ZIP here.

Convert Odd 2 Even (frame size), link to ZIP here

Benchmarking Continued thread + link to zip here

Codec Render Quality tables zip

PC ... Corsair case, own build ...

CPU .. i9 9900K, iGpu UHD 630

Memory .. 32GB DDR4

Graphics card .. MSI RTX 2080 ti

Graphics driver .. latest studio

PSU .. Corsair 850i

Mboard .. Asus Z390 Code

Laptop… XMG

i9-11900k, iGpu n/a

Memory 64GB DDR4

Graphics card … Laptop RTX 3080

wwaag wrote on 2/6/2020, 11:22 AM

"So it is just a question of my motivation and how much time I will put into it. Currently I have like 20 patrons out of around 12000 users."

This is precisely the reason I decided to go commercial with HOS. Everyone likes "free" things--me included. If I judged others by my own donating habits, I probably wouldn't receive a dime. Perhaps for that reason, I don't even have a PayPaI donate button on my website. I've seen authors of other free apps experiencing the very same thing. Some have resorted to Google ads as a means of boosting income. While Vouk may have over 12000 users, HOS has had less than 1000 downloads in over a year. All I can say is that I'm glad I made my millions before embarking on this coding adventure. For something like Voukoder, I think there is a real possibility that there may (should) be corporate interest in incorporating it as part of the host application. The x264 encoder which is at the heart of Voukoder as well as the rendering tools in HOS is simply much better than native encoders.

Regarding questions of HOS cost, I've pretty well decided on a $79 US asking price for a lifetime license. The only issue is when they are available. I'm hoping for mid-March, but that may slip again as it has in the past.

AKA the HappyOtter at https://tools4vegas.com/. System 1: Intel i7-8700k with HD 630 graphics plus an Nvidia RTX4070 graphics card. System 2: Intel i7-3770k with HD 4000 graphics plus an AMD RX550 graphics card. System 3: Laptop. Dell Inspiron Plus 16. Intel i7-11800H, Intel Graphics. Current cameras include Panasonic FZ2500, GoPro Hero11 and Hero8 Black plus a myriad of smartPhone, pocket cameras, video cameras and film cameras going back to the original Nikon S.

JN- wrote on 2/6/2020, 2:13 PM

@wwaag Sounds about right. Will the single licence allow install on 2 machines?

Memory .. 32GB DDR4

PSU .. Corsair 850i

Mboard .. Asus Z390 Code

Laptop… XMG

i9-11900k, iGpu n/a

Memory 64GB DDR4

wwaag wrote on 2/6/2020, 2:38 PM

"Will the single licence allow install on 2 machines?" Unlike most apps these days, licensing will not be tied to a machine, so the answer is yes.

I'd suggest that any further questions be placed on the HOS thread at https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/happy-otter-scripts-for-vegas-pro--113922/

AKA the HappyOtter at https://tools4vegas.com/. System 1: Intel i7-8700k with HD 630 graphics plus an Nvidia RTX4070 graphics card. System 2: Intel i7-3770k with HD 4000 graphics plus an AMD RX550 graphics card. System 3: Laptop. Dell Inspiron Plus 16. Intel i7-11800H, Intel Graphics. Current cameras include Panasonic FZ2500, GoPro Hero11 and Hero8 Black plus a myriad of smartPhone, pocket cameras, video cameras and film cameras going back to the original Nikon S.

wwjd wrote on 2/7/2020, 6:51 AM

Honestly, I'm still not sure what this does. A bunch of new rendering options for me to not understand? :)

eikira wrote on 2/7/2020, 10:42 AM

@Vouk

how many cores would voukoder adress if one choses CPU encoder? i am asking because today was the TR 3990x launch with 64 cores. it would probably beat GPU encoding in time and more important in quality, if it can use all cores.

Vouk wrote on 2/7/2020, 11:15 AM

@eikira I reeeeeaaaaally wish I could answer that question. That'd mean AMD would send that beast to me. Unfortunately they don't sponsor me. 😢

Seriously: It depends on the project and the selected encoder.

Specifically it mostly depends on how it would speed up VEGAS to render the single frames first (and that depends on the complexity of your project). I highly doubt that VEGAS would use all 128 threads to render some thousand frames per second. I guess it rather relies on single core performance (correct me if I'm wrong).

On the encoder side it depends on the selected encoder. i.e. x264 does scale nicely with the number of cores (though I don't know the limit). VP8/VP9 is a multi core disaster ...

I would expect the 3970x or even 3960x to be faster as they have a higher core clock rate.

BUT! I sent an email to Jay from Jays2Cents yesterday to finally test voukoder. He actually has some of these threadripper monsters and complains about features in his NLE that voukoder could improve. But I guess my email gets lost within some thousand other emails ...

eikira wrote on 2/7/2020, 11:29 AM

BUT! I sent an email to Jay from Jays2Cents yesterday to finally test voukoder. He actually has some of these threadripper monsters and complains about features in his NLE that voukoder could improve. But I guess my email gets lost within some thousand other emails ...

yesterday i watched his "we dumped intel for amd 2 months ago" video and he did a not really good comparison and mix up of gpu/cpu encoders. and i suggested to him he could compare it a little further if he would use voukoder on the systems. honestly voukoder is, at least for vegas pro, a great improvment and time saving tool.

before i used HOS because HOS was faster as the VP internal encoders and voukoder is even faster. still i will get HOS and i have given you what i can at the moment for your work also yesterday or so.

last year i bought an 9900k intel, and i am happy so far, mostly because if i can put some lesser important stuff on a sideload QSV encoding task. but 2 months ago i build for someone a pc with a 12 core ryzen and was impressed with the performance in vegas pro. thats why i am interested to know how voukoder would utilize 32-64 cores CPUs.

Vouk wrote on 2/7/2020, 11:36 AM

yesterday i watched his "we dumped intel for amd 2 months ago" video ...

That was the reason for my email ... 😂

I'm still "stuck" with an i7-8700K and an i7-7700K (got it from Intel) and that's the maximum I can support and test.

JN- wrote on 2/7/2020, 6:56 PM

@Vouk

how many cores would voukoder adress if one choses CPU encoder? i am asking because today was the TR 3990x launch with 64 cores. it would probably beat GPU encoding in time and more important in quality, if it can use all cores.

@eikira According to Guru3D VP only utilises 8 cores ...

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_threadripper_3990x_review,19.html

Last changed by JN- on 2/7/2020, 6:57 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Memory .. 32GB DDR4

PSU .. Corsair 850i

Mboard .. Asus Z390 Code

Laptop… XMG

i9-11900k, iGpu n/a

Memory 64GB DDR4

3POINT wrote on 2/20/2020, 9:53 AM

Is there a possibility/setting to render a 1080i50 Project with Voukoder to a 1080i50 mp4 instead of a 1080p25 mp4? I don't like deinterlacing interlaced. With Handbrake I have this possibility.

wwaag wrote on 2/20/2020, 10:11 AM

@3POINT

Works here just fine.

3POINT wrote on 2/20/2020, 10:49 AM

This is probably because I didn't install the last update of Voukoder, I will report back later.

3POINT wrote on 2/20/2020, 12:02 PM

@wwaag Thanks again, updating to the latest build of Voukoder solves my issue and enables me to render to interlaced with Voukoder, my favorite renderer.