Comments

lan-mLMC wrote on 2/28/2020, 7:50 PM

4rc1

Vouk released this 4 days ago · 4 commits to master since this release

Release Notes

If you like Voukoder and especially if it helps doing the work in your business - please consider supporting the project by paypal or on patreon. Thank you.

I am also looking for sponsors and partners. Please contact me if you are interested.

Important

If this is your first installation of voukoder you need to install an appropiate connector module. If you are just updating from an earlier (>=2.3) version you can keep the existing connectors.

Changes

• Increased floating point values precision to 3 decimal places
  • Added animated GIF support
  • Added still image support (BMP and TIFF)

Fixes

• Fixed loading the correct order of filters
  • Added low-level logfile for debugging
  • Fixed sequential exports with different frame sizes are failing
  • Showing video and audio pages only if they are selected in the NLE

Notes

For using NVENC encoders driver version 436.15 or newer is required.

lan-mLMC wrote on 4/1/2022, 3:58 PM

Voukoder 11.0 :

Fixes / Changes

Added SVT AV1 presets 9-13

Added "default" preset to prevent confusion

Replaced Intel MFX with Intel VPL

Using latest FFmpeg master from cartwheel: 20220331

Using latest MSVC++ 2022 compiler

Supporting Intels new Arc GPUs with hardware accelerated h264, h265 and AV1

https://github.com/Vouk/voukoder-connectors/tree/master/

https://github.com/Vouk/voukoder/releases

michael-harrison wrote on 4/1/2022, 5:17 PM

Best not be an April fools... :-)

System 1:

Windows 10
i9-10850K 10 Core
128.0G RAM
Nvidia RTX 3060 Studio driver [most likely latest]
Resolution        3840 x 2160 x 60 hertz
Video Memory 12G GDDR5

System 2:

Lenovo Yoga 720
Core i7-7700 2.8Ghz quad core, 8 logical
16G ram
Intel HD 630 gpu 1G vram
Nvidia GTX 1050 gpu 2G vram

Former user wrote on 4/1/2022, 5:32 PM

He may also be supporting AV1 hardware encoding very soon. It seems like he may have an NDA with Intel, as he knew about the AV1 encoder before the Arc Launch but wasn't able to talk about it

michael-harrison wrote on 4/2/2022, 7:15 AM

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else installs the latest, as linked by @lan-mLMC version and ends up with ccleaner installed too.

I installed both connectors (VP 17+ and VP17-), Voukoder and the latest Resolve yesterday (4/1) and this morning had a popup asking me to upgrade ccleaner. Which I've never installed. Checking the windows install history I found that ccleaner was installed on 4/1.

System 1:

Windows 10
i9-10850K 10 Core
128.0G RAM
Video Memory 12G GDDR5

System 2:

Lenovo Yoga 720
16G ram
Intel HD 630 gpu 1G vram

Dexcon wrote on 4/2/2022, 7:20 AM

@michael-harrison  ... No, that didn't happen with my Voukoder downloads and the two Vegas Pro connectors, though I didn't DL the Resolve connector.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

michael-harrison wrote on 4/2/2022, 8:01 AM

@lan-mLMC I have to correct one thing you said, the link isn't for the official voukoder page, it's for the github repo, which doesn't have ads. The only two places I went when getting the latest vouk releases were the github pages. I also have ad blocking enabled at my router.

I've just verified that the installers aren't the source by reinstalling and seeing that ccleaner didn't reappear.

I won't derail the thread further and will keep investigating on this side

System 1:

Windows 10
i9-10850K 10 Core
128.0G RAM
Video Memory 12G GDDR5

System 2:

Lenovo Yoga 720
16G ram
Intel HD 630 gpu 1G vram

Peter-Riding wrote on 4/3/2022, 3:47 AM

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else installs the latest, as linked by @lan-mLMC version and ends up with ccleaner installed too.

I installed both connectors (VP 17+ and VP17-), Voukoder and the latest Resolve yesterday (4/1) and this morning had a popup asking me to upgrade ccleaner. Which I've never installed. Checking the windows install history I found that ccleaner was installed on 4/1.

I use Voukoder and CCleaner so I would not necessary notice. I've always downloaded Voukoder updates direct from the website.

I've used the free version of CCleaner for donkeys years. It works great and it has never caused any issues for me. It can be set to update itself and it will ask if a paid version is of interest. If you want to stay with Free thats fine and it does not pester. It can customise the clean to the n-th degree. It also has some other inbuilt tools e.g. a drive wiper which is handy to clean up a USB stick.

Howard-Vigorita wrote on 4/3/2022, 2:20 PM

Just tried v11 of Voukoder and it works fine for me. And did not install ccleaner. I see it embeds a more recent version of ffmpeg than before and has a preset to select Intel's open-source svt-av1 library. But it's missing the other 2 libs built into recent ffmpeg releases: rav1e that's been around for a while and the most recently added libaom. Don't think any of these are strictly speaking hardware accelerated but Intel processors may do some under-the-covers redirection using their igpus as a processor extension if svt-av1 is selected. I haven't had a chance to measure anything yet except quality analysis for ffmpeg svt-av1 & rav1e plus the older experimental Voukoder av1... for which svt-av1 via ffmpeg came out on top. Only Intel hardware accelerated encoder on the horizon that I've heard about is the now code named Arctic Sound server pci gpu board. Been hearing about Intel's coming pci video boards for years and they never seem to actually make it to market... I'll won't believe it till I see it.

There is, however, a dedicated av1 encoder app from winxdvd that claims to be hardware accelerated that's available now but the specs are kind of vague.

pierre-k wrote on 4/4/2022, 11:14 AM

Hi.

I use the Sony Avc codec for rendering. I have tried Magix AVC and it does not reach such qualities at the same file size as Sony Avc.

Query....

What codec do you recommend in your application as a replacement for Sony Avc?

Are you in contact with the Vegas team? Could your application one day fully replace the internal codecs in the next version of Vegas?

Thanks for the info.

vkmast wrote on 4/4/2022, 12:26 PM

@pierre-k The user that you'd like to respond here will probably notice your comment better if you tag him, in this case @Vouk (developer of the Voukoder plugin).

Vouk wrote on 4/4/2022, 12:47 PM

@pierre-k As far as I know AVC = h264. Voukoder provides several h264 encoders.

@Howard-Vigorita If you ever used a hardware AV1 encoder and see the fps numbers you really don't care about software AV1 encoders anymore. It is absolutely insane! I have an Intel dev system here and really hope the ARC GPUs come to market really soon.

RogerS wrote on 4/4/2022, 10:48 PM

Hi.

I use the Sony Avc codec for rendering. I have tried Magix AVC and it does not reach such qualities at the same file size as Sony Avc.

Query....

What codec do you recommend in your application as a replacement for Sony Avc?

Are you in contact with the Vegas team? Could your application one day fully replace the internal codecs in the next version of Vegas?

Thanks for the info.

Pierre, try a x264 render through Voukoder. After a first render you can experiment with some of the presets if your goal is smaller file size, for example.

My understanding is there's no way Voukoder will be incorporated into Vegas as there are restrictions on what commercial program can do with certain open source software. With the connector and program it almost feels like part of Vegas to me and you can even make your own presets for Voukoder like for any other render template.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD and 2TB Samsung 980 Pro cache drive, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208
VEGAS Pro 22.93

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

Howard-Vigorita wrote on 6/16/2022, 11:08 AM

@Howard-Vigorita If you ever used a hardware AV1 encoder and see the fps numbers you really don't care about software AV1 encoders anymore. It is absolutely insane! I have an Intel dev system here and really hope the ARC GPUs come to market really soon.

A pcie arc card just released yesterday in China. Pretty low powered but it's a start...
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/gunnir-launches-arc-a380-photon-6gb-oc-gpu

Howard-Vigorita wrote on 3/24/2023, 12:16 PM

Once I get float data out of VEGAS I can give you any color depth you'll ever need. ;)

@Vouk Curious if you ever got a 32-bit float feed...