Comments

jetdv wrote on 7/10/2024, 8:56 AM

Which prompts are you referring to? The only thing I see is the Welcome screen and I can turn that off just fine.

Or are you referring to "Ads" that pop up asking you to upgrade? Each ad would be separate so you'd have to do that for every ad that appears. You can try turning off notifications in the preferences.

Emig5m wrote on 7/10/2024, 9:12 AM

Which prompts are you referring to? The only thing I see is the Welcome screen and I can turn that off just fine.

Or are you referring to "Ads" that pop up asking you to upgrade? Each ad would be separate so you'd have to do that for every ad that appears. You can try turning off notifications in the preferences.

Every single prompt in the program that has a checkbook that says "Do Not Show Again". So I'm bothered by nonstop advertisements and "Apply blah blah settings on every startup" etc. Everything that has that checkbox always comes back on every start when you check the box to not show again.

Emig5m wrote on 7/10/2024, 9:16 AM

Even the prompt "Always apply video attributes from first video to project" or whatever it is... it's not only ads. But do I really need to get nagged to upgrade to the latest version every single time I start the program? Definitely going to start learning DaVinci. Vegas has become a nag hell (been using it since the beginning 35 owners ago)

VEGASDerek wrote on 7/10/2024, 10:50 AM

The only reason this would not work is because the preferences are not being saved on shutdown.

Can you check to see if a file called "persist.prefs" is generated after you close VEGAS. It is located at C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\20.0

If this file is not getting generated after you close VEGAS, it suggests that VEGAS is not shutting down on your system properly.

mark-y wrote on 7/10/2024, 12:48 PM

@Emig5m Uncheck this Preference.

Howard-Vigorita wrote on 7/10/2024, 3:24 PM

Even the prompt "Always apply video attributes from first video to project" or whatever it is... it's not only ads. But do I really need to get nagged to upgrade to the latest version every single time I start the program? Definitely going to start learning DaVinci. Vegas has become a nag hell (been using it since the beginning 35 owners ago)

Ha, ha, I find that the more I learn DaVinci, the more I appreciate Vegas.

The major update notifier may be different from others... this works for me:
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/removing-the-major-program-update-window--143506/#ca897819