Comments

scissorfighter wrote on 8/21/2016, 11:15 AM
- Support to directly play/edit GoPro Hero 4 4k and 1080p footage. If VLC can play it on my PC at 30/60fps, I would expect Vegas to as well.
- Independent MOV playback within Vegas that does not require now retired Apple QuickTime components
- A version for Mac! Vegas is that last piece of software keeping me in Windows!!
megabit wrote on 8/28/2016, 12:13 AM

So many excellent features mentioned, I have not much to add... Just a single one: make Decklink cards work with full QUHD/4K preview (yeah, it takes the highest model for that, especially with HDMI monitors... but should be easy to add). Combined with 10 bit and HDR, please :)

AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP2933  | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

michael-thompson wrote on 8/28/2016, 1:23 AM

A nice to have:

Continued collaboration with HitFilm, lost when HitFilm 3 Pro became HitFilm 4 Pro, so that HitFilm project files can continue to be imported into Vegas Pro

cinefilm wrote on 8/28/2016, 1:48 AM

Dynamic waveforms (not sure if proper term) but when one drags up or down a volume envelope, the waveform should dynamically move to reflect the volume adjustment. Like nuendo, cubase, slowtools etc.

Grazie wrote on 8/28/2016, 2:27 AM

Dynamic waveforms . . .

Unless you mean something other, this is what is in Vegas Pro.

1. At Event Level there is a Pull Down Bar.
  2. At Track Level need to Turn On Automation Settings in the Track Header to see the Waveform respond to an Envelope.

Last changed by Grazie on 8/28/2016, 2:36 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Grazie

PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel Core i9 10900X s2066 * EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra 10GB - Studio Driver 551.23 * 4x16G CorsVengLPX DDR4 2666C16 * Asus TUF X299 MK 2

Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

JJKizak wrote on 8/28/2016, 9:06 AM

I always wanted "automatic subtitle creation" ---you know play the video on the timeline and have the subtitles automatically installed on another video track using voice recognition software or the Microsoft stuff. Then the mistakes can be corrected easily on the subtitle track.

JJK

cinefilm wrote on 8/28/2016, 11:11 AM

Dynamic waveforms . . .

Unless you mean something other, this is what is in Vegas Pro.

1. At Event Level there is a Pull Down Bar.
  2. At Track Level need to Turn On Automation Settings in the Track Header to see the Waveform respond to an Envelope.

Like that yes, but using the volume envelope and creating points then adjusting each point to a certain level without splitting the clip. Additionally what you mentioned is that the volume can be brought down and up again and the waveform will dynamically change.... but with a clip with a low volume signal to start with, we should have the ability to turn up gain/volume and the waveform redrawing also.

igniz-krizalid wrote on 8/28/2016, 12:03 PM

My wish for Vegas 14:

Information Palette - a list of all effects, transitions and filters aplied to the timeline

Ability to create multiple timelines in one project (called "sequences" in Edius) - as mentioned by another user

Better OFX intergration support

Better Multicore support - for i7 Skylake or above and upcoming ZEN cpus

Better GPU support - Newer Polaris or above

Motion tracker

HEVC support

Icons need a new look as well

And basically make Vegas 14 more solid, robust with newer hardware.

Thanks you!

Last changed by igniz-krizalid on 8/31/2016, 7:12 PM, changed a total of 4 times.

Main PC:

MSI X370 Pro Carbon, R7 1800X, OC Nitro RX 480 4Gb, 2X8GB DDR4 3200 CL 14, 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Dark Rock 3 cooler, Dark Power Pro 11 650W Platinum, Serenade PciE CM8888 Sound Card, MultiSync 1200p IPS 16:10 monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Second PC:

Z170XP-SLI, i7 6700K, Nitro R9 380 4Gb, 2X8GB DDR4 3200 CL 16, MX200 500 SSD, MasterAir Pro 4 cooler, XFX PRO 650W Core Edition 80+ Bronze, Xonar D1 7.1 Ch Sound Card, NEC MultiSync 1200p IPS 16:10 monitor, Windows 10 pro 64bit

LabTwenty wrote on 8/28/2016, 12:46 PM

Red Camera .R3D Support

megabit wrote on 8/28/2016, 12:53 PM

This has been in Vegass for a long time now....

AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP2933  | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

LabTwenty wrote on 8/28/2016, 1:02 PM

We need full Red Camera .R3D support for Raven, Scarlet-W, Weapon and Dragon.

wsd wrote on 8/28/2016, 5:20 PM

- Full P2 support, including the new AVC-intra LT formats

- Speed envelope that could go higher than 300% or speed up via properties higher than 4x

- Render out to standarised professional formats : ProRes and/ or DNxHD etc...

- the ability to make the colour curves window larger and perhaps add numbers to keypoints, so they're reproducable

- better stability

Stiven wrote on 8/28/2016, 8:04 PM

Reading all of this comments. And looking at time they had todo new stuff in vegas 14. I think not much they could do in 5 months.

I'm just afraid that we are going to be disapointed. No one from Magix not responding here letting us know if any of things we want will be there, except the one we alredy read about, and they wont make me upgrade it to 14.

paul_w wrote on 8/29/2016, 4:42 AM

This is an amazing list.. What an amazing community guys!.

If i were developing Vegas, i'd be delighted with this feedback. The amount of paid market research this saves is priceless. Magix should be proud to have this dedicated user base. Nothing else like it out there..

Now my 10p's worth, late to the party:

Default Vegas to output legal levels to avoid using work arounds to get a proper 16-235 rendered output (for example in 8 bit mode). No level 16 black tracks, no fiddling with Computer to Studio FX in the output bus.. Then allow for users to change that to 0-255 if they wish.  Vegas has been outputting illegal levels for years, time to stop that perhaps?. Its a complicated issue, dont want to break the transparency levels while doing a composit. But i believe Vegas should be a Video Editor first most, a compositor second. Others may dissagree.

nolteman wrote on 8/29/2016, 1:11 PM

The stopmotion feature from VEGAS pro 7 / Export Frames by steps. PLEASE!

glovercover wrote on 8/31/2016, 3:58 PM

Vegas is enough powerful tool for the creation of motion graphics. Why not make a new tool in Media Generators -  Shape layer or Shape tool? And Just need a fast and good Motion blur 

cinefilm wrote on 9/1/2016, 8:34 AM

Mocha compatibility like the recent adobe premiere plugin.

fr0sty wrote on 9/1/2016, 7:29 PM

Please fix the bug that causes Vegas to crash sometimes if you delete a clip from the timeline (by highlighting it and pressing the delete key) while the play marker is currently playing that clip. It has been there for years, untouched. 

Also the bug that makes it take FOREVER to stop rendering if you abort a render while doing a complex render that stresses the system. That has been a part of vegas for as long as I can remember. 

Also, timelapse functionality. Motion flow to smooth out jutter as well as the ability to smooth out flicker and brightness levels. The ability to import RAW images into Vegas and color correct from within the program would be cool as well. Currently I have to use lightroom to process my RAWs for timelapse, then use another plugin called LR timelapse to do the exposure smoothing (for smoothing out aperture/shutter speed changes like when shooting a sunset), then I export it to video from there and into vegas for editing. 

It would be cool to be able to import a bunch of RAW images, then select a group of them and tell Vegas to treat that group of images as if it were one clip, so that I can apply effects, edits, transitions, etc. to them as a group rather than just individually (while we're at it, the ability to group ANY media files into one clip would be great). Obviously, editing directly from RAW frames is not going to play back smoothly, so perhaps Vegas can render a video out of the RAWS in some high quality format that is easier to edit (give us resolution, color, frame rate, etc. options so we can scale the intermediate clip to be playable on our systems), but when it goes to export it automatically puts the RAW data back in. It would be nice to be able to, as long as the video is paused, see how the color correction, etc. would look on one of the actual RAW frames in the preview monitor as well, so we're not just guessing how it will look by how well the intermediate clip can approximate it. 

It would be cool to be able to import timelapses that way... to do a "timelapse import" where I navigate to the folder the images are in, then drop the entire folder on the timeline, and rather than dropping thousands of individual frames, it drops one big clip that I can then cut up and color correct/grade. 

Then adjustments for exposure, dehazing, saturation and luminance controls for every color, noise reduction, etc. like lightroom... If Vegas could do all that in one program it would become the industry standard tool for timelapse photographers. Lightroom + LR Timelapse gets us most of the way there already, but it can't edit the resulting video and the multiple exports make the task take way longer. I either have to wait through a very lengthy TIFF export process, and then have vegas choke on all those TIFF files when I import them, or I have to compress the video to a video format before sending it to vegas to be edited and compressed again. I'd rather have one program that can do it all!

In addition to shooting timelapse, I shoot music festivals and concerts for a living. If you could provide a built in plugin to reduce LED stage light flicker, I would love you forever. 

Support for 360 degree video would be great too.

Last changed by fr0sty on 9/1/2016, 10:03 PM, changed a total of 9 times.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

altarvic wrote on 9/1/2016, 10:56 PM

It would be cool to be able to import timelapses that way... to do a "timelapse import" where I navigate to the folder the images are in, then drop the entire folder on the timeline, and rather than dropping thousands of individual frames, it drops one big clip that I can then cut up and color correct/grade. 

Vegas can import an image sequence as a single clip. Is that what are looking for?

fr0sty wrote on 9/1/2016, 11:53 PM

Vegas can import an image sequence as a single clip. Is that what are looking for?

Kind of, but I want those images to be RAW images and for Vegas to give me options to render those raws to an intermediate format upon import, then have it automatically swap the intermediate out for the original RAWs when exporting (that way nothing compresses the raws until the very final render) and to have the preview window pull up the RAW frame if I pause the video (swap from the intermediate video to the RAW still frame so I can make lighting and color adjustments at full quality, then go back to the intermediate when I hit play). That, along with the various sliders lightroom provides (exposure, curves, saturation, luminance, dehazing, etc. Many of these tools vegas already has in some form or another, but to have them all in one plugin would be great.) that are all useful for timelapse and motion flow to smooth out jitter as well as the ability to smooth out flicker/camera adjustments like LR timelapse can. That would make Vegas the best timelapse tool out there.

Last changed by fr0sty on 9/2/2016, 12:04 AM, changed a total of 8 times.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

fr0sty wrote on 9/2/2016, 12:10 AM

Using the current method, I did a 2 minute overnight lapse and it took me a full day to edit. Importing, editing, and exporting from lightroom took hours for all of the thousands of frames, then I had to import the TIFF images into vegas (didn't want to compress to JPEG) which took an hour just to get them all into the program (vegas didn't like that at all and really wanted to hang). Then editing the TIFFs was such a chore that it was near impossible (would have been easier had I used the image seq. import like you said, but still not much help overall), and finally 6 hours to export the final video (to a 18mb 1080p mp4, main concept internet preset. for a 2 minute video!), using an 8 core AMD FX8350 with 16GB RAM. An older system, but had the workflow been smoother and the software more stable, I should have been able to shave hours off of that process just by not having to deal with lightroom. No need for the middle man when all that is required is a little extra format support, some scripting to automate things, and making a plugin that uses mostly existing plugins to make the timelapse process easier. The only thing they'd have to add is the expanded color correction abilites lightroom has (adjustment gradients/brushes that could be animated with keyframes would be cool too) as well as motion flow and a plugin to dehaze the image, which helps a lot when doing astrophotography timelapses. 

Last changed by fr0sty on 9/2/2016, 12:19 AM, changed a total of 5 times.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

cinefilm wrote on 9/5/2016, 4:04 PM

Support for KineRAW (.krw) format

3d87c4 wrote on 9/6/2016, 4:06 PM

360 View & 360 VR tools:

Preview capability.
Metadata addition,
Round/fisheye to equirectangular conversion,
360 View/VR titles,
and...dare I ask...stitching

Del XPS 17 laptop

Processor    13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900H   2.60 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    Touch support with 10 touch points

Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎6/‎8/‎2023
OS build    22621.1848
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU
Driver Version: 31.0.15.2857
8GB memory

Julius_ wrote on 9/8/2016, 11:14 AM

Increase limit on event velocity envelope (slow/fast motion) currently at 300%, need 5000% like other NLEs