Comments

Dexcon wrote on 2/7/2023, 4:45 AM

Please help us to help you by providing the information requested in https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/important-information-required-to-help-you--110457/

Also, exactly what Shadow FX are you using?

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

jetdv wrote on 2/7/2023, 8:54 AM

Here's what I get. I added two video tracks. Applied Track Motion to the top track and shrank it down to the upper right-hand corner. I then turned on 2D Shadow.

Now if you drag the shadow away from the PIP image, you can cover up the main part of the image as you have. Here you can see I've moved the "shadow" away from the PIP area and I now have a black spot covering up the lower event.

Timo-JM wrote on 2/7/2023, 9:52 AM

Here's what I get. I added two video tracks. Applied Track Motion to the top track and shrank it down to the upper right-hand corner. I then turned on 2D Shadow.

Now if you drag the shadow away from the PIP image, you can cover up the main part of the image as you have. Here you can see I've moved the "shadow" away from the PIP area and I now have a black spot covering up the lower event.

But that's not my problem. I have the shadow like it should be under the little picture, but Vegas makes that extra gray area over the big picture too. I make all exactly as in older Vegas, but now it won't work.

DMT3 wrote on 2/7/2023, 10:03 AM

Check the video SPLIT SCREEN button and make sure it is not on (blue) **edited to say split screen instead of video fx)

Timo-JM wrote on 2/7/2023, 10:43 AM

Check the video output effx button and make sure it is not on (blue)

No, it's not.

jetdv wrote on 2/7/2023, 10:57 AM

Post your VEG file and maybe someone can see what is causing your issue.

Or, at least, a screenshot showing the Track Motion screen with the Shadow option selected.

DMT3 wrote on 2/7/2023, 11:09 AM

I can get that exact same look by running the shadow blur about 60, intensity at 80 and turn on the Split Screen ( sorry I said output fx, but I meant split screen. My image shows the right button but the wrong dialogue box.)

Howard-Vigorita wrote on 2/7/2023, 1:23 PM

... I make all exactly as in older Vegas, but now it won't work.

@Timo-JM Not clear what older version of Vegas you are referring to. Or what the MediaInfo is for your footage... in particular whether it is full-range or limited-range.

Timo-JM wrote on 2/8/2023, 11:02 AM

I can get that exact same look by running the shadow blur about 60, intensity at 80 and turn on the Split Screen ( sorry I said output fx, but I meant split screen. My image shows the right button but the wrong dialogue box.)

Yeh, this is weird. Here is a little bigger picture.

jetdv wrote on 2/8/2023, 11:20 AM

1. turn OFF the "split screen view"

2. In your Track Motion window "Shadow" is not selected but it really looks like you've moved it way off to the left and down (the second x/y to the left of the box)

DMT3 wrote on 2/8/2023, 1:04 PM

Yes, turn off split screen view. Apparently yours is not blue, but it is Turned On, in the image you uploaded.

Timo-JM wrote on 2/8/2023, 4:20 PM

1. turn OFF the "split screen view"

2. In your Track Motion window "Shadow" is not selected but it really looks like you've moved it way off to the left and down (the second x/y to the left of the box)

Is it on when it's blue? It wasn't. When it's blue there's no shadow at all.

DMT3 wrote on 2/8/2023, 4:47 PM

Just click on it and turn it off. Don't hold for the dropdown.

Timo-JM wrote on 2/9/2023, 3:30 AM

Just click on it and turn it off. Don't hold for the dropdown.

It doesn't help.

jetdv wrote on 2/9/2023, 8:42 AM

Please post the VEG file so we can look at it. It's been like pulling teeth to get any information so far...

DMT3 wrote on 2/9/2023, 10:33 AM

I don't think you are turning the button off, the button is depressed in your photos. Turning EFFX off of the dropdown does not turn the button OFF. but I am done, good luck.

Timo-JM wrote on 2/9/2023, 11:11 AM

I can choose any kind of button combination but the problem doesn't go away. Here it is blue and the whole shadow dissapears. Also the shadow is now selected.

jetdv wrote on 2/9/2023, 11:17 AM

And still no VEG file for us to look at...

Blue means effects are bypassed...

Timo-JM wrote on 2/9/2023, 3:41 PM

I wonder can anybody confirm that this really works on Vegas Pro 20. I've used this picture in picture with shadow years on Vegas Pro 13 without any problems. Finally updated and now it won't work. The problem was right after installation.

3POINT wrote on 2/9/2023, 3:52 PM

@Timo-JM Try to create the shadow for the PIP with the Layer Dimensionality FX and see if this causes also a problem.

Timo-JM wrote on 2/9/2023, 4:12 PM

@Timo-JM Try to create the shadow for the PIP with the Layer Dimensionality FX and see if this causes also a problem.

Yes, but it's really strange. Can't get it on every side.

jetdv wrote on 2/9/2023, 5:36 PM

@Timo-JM, I confirmed it in the first post I made. It works fine in VEGAS Pro 20. That's why I want to see your VEG file (not the media, just the VEG file).

3POINT wrote on 2/9/2023, 10:43 PM

Yes, but it's really strange. Can't get it on every side.

How do you create the PIP, with PIP FX or with Trackmotion? Also shadow direction is depending on direction of the light source, which can be changed by moving the little circle in the preview in my example.

Timo-JM wrote on 2/10/2023, 2:19 AM

@Timo-JM, I confirmed it in the first post I made. It works fine in VEGAS Pro 20. That's why I want to see your VEG file (not the media, just the VEG file).

It's not possible to put it here.