VEGAS Pro 14.0 (Build 161) Released

Comments

Barry W. Hull wrote on 10/3/2016, 8:27 PM

Thanks Nick, just upgraded.

jkerry wrote on 10/3/2016, 8:40 PM

Nick,

Nice to see the upgrades, but where is the downloads for these changes???????

NickHope wrote on 10/3/2016, 11:23 PM
Nice to see the upgrades, but where is the downloads for these changes???????

http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/

jkerry wrote on 10/4/2016, 12:16 AM

Unable to find any whereon Magix site where you can download the upgrades.  Getting more and more like SCS support.

NickHope wrote on 10/4/2016, 12:21 AM

Unable to find any whereon Magix site where you can download the upgrades.

Click "30-DAY FREE TRIAL" or just go ahead and "BUY NOW" if you're confident.

todd-k wrote on 10/5/2016, 3:31 PM

I don't understand this at all. We should be able to download our old software too, just like on the old sony site. Not sure why that functionality was removed.  

NickHope wrote on 10/5/2016, 9:30 PM

I don't understand this at all. We should be able to download our old software too, just like on the old sony site. Not sure why that functionality was removed.  

Most people can still download their software at https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/myaccount/myorders

It's also accessible at https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/myaccount/mysoftware ,  but the link to the most recent version (e.g. Vegas Pro 13.0) will redirect you to a MAGIX sales page, but you can still download the Sony version via "My Orders".

Your recently-purchased VEGAS software from MAGIX is available at https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/ and I assume the older Sony software will eventually be available there too when the data migration from Sony is complete.

ottor wrote on 10/6/2016, 7:21 PM

As far as I'm concerned, these fixes should be in Vegas 13.1.

Since when should we pay for bug fixes to a current version? Not impressed and not buying V14.

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug that caused a disabled Beziér mask to become enabled when the mask is moved

Fixed a bug that caused some Video Capture Help links to be non functional

Fixed a bug that caused the Sharpen FX to exhibit different results when set to 0.000 depending upon whether the GPU was engaged or not

Fixed a but that caused the arrow keys and J/K/L shortcuts to lose the ability to move the play head after undoing a framerate change in Project Properties

Fixed a bug that prevented users from choosing their language during the installation process

Fixed a bug that prevented video files from some cell phone devices from being recognized

Fixed a bug in the scripting API that could cause an OverflowException in scripting extensions

Fixed a bug that could cause VEGAS Pro to hang if the Escape key is pressed to dismiss the Render As dialog box

Improved support for HiDPI displays. WIndows 8.1 or Windows 10 is recommended when using a HiDPI display.

Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when clicking in the header of the Vegas Explorer in Details view.

Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when renaming an in-use file in the Vegas Explorer.

Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash during startup when running with multiple GPUs.

Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash during startup when running with many network adapters.

Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to become unresponsive when loading projects that contained unavailable plug-ins.

Fixed a bug that could cause rendered files to be truncated when rendering from FLAC source audio.

Fixed a bug that could cause inconsistent audio and video stream lengths when working with some MP4 clips.

Fixed an issue that could cause one frame to appear black when using Side by side (full) stereoscopic 3D mode with GPU acceleration enabled.

Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect output when using Track Motion to offset horizontally only with GPU acceleration enabled.

Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect output when using Track Motion when the 2D Glow check box was selected with GPU acceleration enabled.

Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect display when using FX Bypass mode in a split-screen configuration with GPU acceleration enabled.

Fixed an error that incorrectly listed the Studio RGB range in the Broadcast Colors plug-in as 16-135. The correct range -- 16-235 -- is now displayed.

Fixed drawing and scaling issues that could occur when running Vegas Pro with a HiDPI display on Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10.

Fixed drawing issues that could occur when scaling the keyframe timeline for OpenFX plug-ins.

Improved performance when using 64-bit VST plug-ins.

Fixed a bug that could result in inconsistent behavior after pasting video event attributes.

Fixed a bug that could prevent Vegas Pro from correctly reading the Field Order value in some MOV files.

Fixed a bug that prevented the Titles & Text plug-in from working correctly.

Fixed a bug that could cause the application to become unresponsive in projects that contain a large number of bins in the Project Media window.

Fixed a bug that prevented smart bins from preserving their Condition setting.

Pressing A in the Trimmer now adds the current selection to the timeline as an event. If there is no selection in the Trimmer, the entire clip is used.

jkerry wrote on 10/6/2016, 8:29 PM

Again, where are the update for these fixes that they are bragging about.

JJKizak wrote on 10/7/2016, 7:29 AM

My Windows 10 Pro downloaded the Vegas upgrades automatically finding the website. All the other older Sony stuff I installed from original disks and they all activated just fine including Cinescore.

JJK

skeeter123 wrote on 10/10/2016, 10:35 AM

Debugmode Frameserver works! 😀 I just copied

C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\Frameserver.x64.fio2007-config

to

C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\Frameserver.x64.fio2007-config

and it works.

It looks like you would need Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 and Frameserver 2.15 installed for this to be possible, otherwise you wouldn't be able to install it. (Edit: Or maybe you can install it after all. See this comment ). The Framesever code is open source, so perhaps someone could write an installer for VP14.

Unfortunately it's still only serving 44.1 kHz audio from a 48 kHz project, as expected and like it did in VP13. As it's open source it would be great if someone could try to fix that, perhaps even a MAGIX dev, as it's such a valuable extension. Chris Dolan made a start a couple of years ago but Satish himself decided to stop development on it.

Hey, Nick, et al...,

On my system VP14>debugmode fs 2.15> ripbot 264, I can frameserve short projects (~2 minute), but longer ones the frameserver will hang randomly. I did a reinstall of the FS components, but no love. However, I set VP14 to NOT use the GPU (R9-290) and poof , it worked.....but.... It was dreadfully S L O W.... (it went from rendering at ~150% real-time to !25% realtime...system is i7 5960X OCd to 4.2GHz) This setup was rock-solid on VP13. As an aside, I also have the dreaded NB titler cluster-mess...grr..) 

I'm going to update/rollback video drivers now to see if......

Cheers!

arkadiusz-buchala wrote on 10/11/2016, 10:43 AM

Dear Magix, maybe it is time to release some updates?

skeeter123 wrote on 10/11/2016, 1:28 PM

Debugmode Frameserver works! 😀 I just copied

C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\Frameserver.x64.fio2007-config

to

C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\Frameserver.x64.fio2007-config

and it works.

It looks like you would need Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 and Frameserver 2.15 installed for this to be possible, otherwise you wouldn't be able to install it. (Edit: Or maybe you can install it after all. See this comment ). The Framesever code is open source, so perhaps someone could write an installer for VP14.

Unfortunately it's still only serving 44.1 kHz audio from a 48 kHz project, as expected and like it did in VP13. As it's open source it would be great if someone could try to fix that, perhaps even a MAGIX dev, as it's such a valuable extension. Chris Dolan made a start a couple of years ago but Satish himself decided to stop development on it.

Hey, Nick, et al...,

On my system VP14>debugmode fs 2.15> ripbot 264, I can frameserve short projects (~2 minute), but longer ones the frameserver will hang randomly. I did a reinstall of the FS components, but no love. However, I set VP14 to NOT use the GPU (R9-290) and poof , it worked.....but.... It was dreadfully S L O W.... (it went from rendering at ~150% real-time to !25% realtime...system is i7 5960X OCd to 4.2GHz) This setup was rock-solid on VP13. As an aside, I also have the dreaded NB titler cluster-mess...grr..) 

I'm going to update/rollback video drivers now to see if......

Cheers!

Grrrr. No Luv...

NickHope wrote on 10/11/2016, 10:47 PM
...longer ones the frameserver will hang randomly...

...I'm going to update/rollback video drivers now to see if......

...Grrrr. No Luv...

All down to the memory handling bug(s) in VP14 b161 I guess.

skeeter123 wrote on 10/11/2016, 11:09 PM

Hmmmm. I thought I checked that......I'll check again tomorrow. I know that one of my previous  L O N G projects (made and rendered/frameserved from VP13 just fine)  will blow out my pagefile (>70GB) in a heartbeat....

The project(s) that gags debugmode FS are relatively short....6 minutes or so....Hmmmm indeed. I wonder what the GPU connection is??

Thanks, Nick....I'll post what I find...

Cheers, all

NickHope wrote on 10/12/2016, 12:56 AM

Actually the frameserver hanging could be when it reaches an event on the timeline that it doesn't like when GPU acceleration is on. Check the particular event where it stops and see if there's anything unusual about it, in particular FX, compared to the previous events.

skeeter123 wrote on 10/12/2016, 1:26 AM

Actually the frameserver hanging could be when it reaches an event on the timeline that it doesn't like when GPU acceleration is on. Check the particular event where it stops and see if there's anything unusual about it, in particular FX, compared to the previous events.

Random spots.... 

skeeter123 wrote on 10/12/2016, 11:52 AM

Well, well....Tried again and it worked!..... Used a different (new - ~15 Minute) project with the GPU on. My frameserve/render time went from 1hr 16min to 34min. Yesss! I'll keep my eye on this. BTW Commit memory never exceeded 4GB....the L O N G one still hits 70GB before the "out of memory" nonsense shows up..I reckon there is something, as Nick suggested, in that other project that the GPU doesn't like...but it hangs at random locations...goofy...

I'm going to re-render the project that works and hope for consistency!

Now, about that NewBlue cluster-mess.....ahem...

UPDATE: 2nd attempt worked just peachy....not statistically significant however....I'll keep at it..

Cheer, all!

JJKizak wrote on 10/12/2016, 4:11 PM

My GPU still has no on/option in Vegas 14 after a multidude of video driver changes from older to newest.

GForce 8800 512

skeeter123 wrote on 10/12/2016, 5:16 PM

Wow....that's odd....Not under: preferences/video?  (or is it preview...sorry....don't have it in front of me at the moment..) 

JJKizak wrote on 10/13/2016, 6:28 AM

There was no problem with the cuda option in Windows 7 pro. If I get mad enough I might just go back to 7 from 10.

JJK

NickHope wrote on 10/13/2016, 7:02 AM

...cuda option...

Are you sure it isn't the CUDA option in the MainConcept AVC encode mode setting that you're looking for? That's now in internal preferences. The "GPU acceleration of video processing" is done by OpenCL, but it should show an Nvidia card as an option. Maybe try a couple of different drivers before going back to Windows 7.

JJKizak wrote on 10/13/2016, 7:35 AM

I also have Vegas 11 and 12 installed and there is no option there either like it used to be.

JJK

Paul-Fierlinger wrote on 10/13/2016, 9:59 AM

Same here and I've been wondering about this. On the other hand, I see no difference in their performances during editing and in rendering. I am currently working on two films at the same time so I contnuously keep both TVP 12 and 14 opened, which has been giving me good grounds for contnuous comparisons. My graphics card is an AMD FirePro V7900 SDI.