Abbreviated Release Notes:New features in version 14.0
- Added Smart Zoom, Smart Scale, and Smart adaptive deinterlacing to allow you to upscale clips for Ultra HD delivery (requires a supported NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU).
- Added a Vignette video effect.
- Added support for working with high-frame-rate (HFR) clips.
- Added hover scrub to the Trimmer for fast scrubbing.
Updated support for current BlackMagic Design hardware:
- DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G, 4K Pro, 4K Extreme, Studio 4K, SDI 4K, HD Extreme, Extreme 3D, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder.
- Intensity Shuttle, Pro 4K, and Pro.
- UltraStudio 4K Extreme, 4K, Pro, SDI, Express, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder.
Improved support for clips from RED ONE, EPIC, SCARLET, and WEAPON cameras.
- Added Post lift, Post gamma, Post gain, and Dragon enhanced blacks controls to the R3D Decode Properties dialog.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain clips to fail to load on upgraded RED WEAPON cameras with older firmware.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading certain old RED ONE clips.
- Fixed a color cast that could occur in clips shot with RED Motion Mount on the latest camera firmware.
- Updated support for current AJA hardware.
- Added a Resample mode drop-down list to the Video tab in the Project Properties dialog. You can use this control to set the default resample mode for your project video. To override the project resample mode, you can use the Force resample and Disable resample event switches.
- Improved playback and editing performance when using a Dynamic RAM Preview cache size greater than 200 MB.
- Improved gamma calculations for still-image sequence renders for 32-bit floating point projects. Now levels for 32-bit floating point (video levels) and 32-bit floating point (full range) with nonlinear gamma are more consistent with 8-bit levels.
- Added a Group Video and Audio Events script (Tools > Scripting) to allow you to easily group audio and video events from an imported EDL.
- Increased the top-end of the range of event Velocity envelopes to 1,000% to increase the maximum possible overall velocity of video on the timeline to 40 times normal speed (in conjunction with the Playback rate event property).
- New artwork and icons for buttons and other interface elements give the application an updated, more modern look and feel.
- Support for reading and writing HEVC/H265 files.
- Native support for reading ProRes 422 files without the need for QuickTime.
- Fixed a bug that caused a disabled Beziér mask to become enabled when the mask is moved
- Fixed a bug that caused some Video Capture Help links to be non functional
- Fixed a bug that caused the Sharpen FX to exhibit different results when set to 0.000 depending upon whether the GPU was engaged or not
- Fixed a but that caused the arrow keys and J/K/L shortcuts to lose the ability to move the play head after undoing a framerate change in Project Properties
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from choosing their language during the installation process
- Fixed a bug that prevented video files from some cell phone devices from being recognized
- Fixed a bug in the scripting API that could cause an OverflowException in scripting extensions
- Fixed a bug that could cause VEGAS Pro to hang if the Escape key is pressed to dismiss the Render As dialog box
- Improved support for HiDPI displays. WIndows 8.1 or Windows 10 is recommended when using a HiDPI display.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when clicking in the header of the Vegas Explorer in Details view.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when renaming an in-use file in the Vegas Explorer.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash during startup when running with multiple GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash during startup when running with many network adapters.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to become unresponsive when loading projects that contained unavailable plug-ins.
- Fixed a bug that could cause rendered files to be truncated when rendering from FLAC source audio.
- Fixed a bug that could cause inconsistent audio and video stream lengths when working with some MP4 clips.
- Fixed an issue that could cause one frame to appear black when using Side by side (full) stereoscopic 3D mode with GPU acceleration enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect output when using Track Motion to offset horizontally only with GPU acceleration enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect output when using Track Motion when the 2D Glow check box was selected with GPU acceleration enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect display when using FX Bypass mode in a split-screen configuration with GPU acceleration enabled.
- Fixed an error that incorrectly listed the Studio RGB range in the Broadcast Colors plug-in as 16-135. The correct range -- 16-235 -- is now displayed.
- Fixed drawing and scaling issues that could occur when running Vegas Pro with a HiDPI display on Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10.
- Fixed drawing issues that could occur when scaling the keyframe timeline for OpenFX plug-ins.
- Improved performance when using 64-bit VST plug-ins.
- Fixed a bug that could result in inconsistent behavior after pasting video event attributes.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent Vegas Pro from correctly reading the Field Order value in some MOV files.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Titles & Text plug-in from working correctly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to become unresponsive in projects that contain a large number of bins in the Project Media window.
- Fixed a bug that prevented smart bins from preserving their Condition setting.
- Pressing A in the Trimmer now adds the current selection to the timeline as an event. If there is no selection in the Trimmer, the entire clip is used.