VEGAS Pro 14 Update 5 (build 244)

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 3/28/2017, 10:54 AM

Dear community,
We are very happy to announce a new update for VEGAS Pro 14: build 244. This update fixes a lot of bugs and adds a number of requested enhancements.

Additional after the update VEGAS Pro 14 will now have the ability to alert users when there is a new update available.

You can download build 244 now: http://rdir.magix.net/?page=W2VPPCDOJ5DF

Here are the patch notes for this update:

New Features

• 10-bit rendering has been added for HEVC files along with new 10-bit render templates and the ability to create custom 10-bit render templates
  • A "News Feed" function that communicates important information (e.g. update build announcements) now appears upon application start up whenever a new message is avaialble. This replaces the Net Notify system used in previous versions of the software
  • We've created a new 4K render template for MainConcept AVC/AAC file format and exposed a new 4K frame size preset to make it even easier to create 4K files

Bug fixes

• Changed the location of the temporary file created during ProRes rendering so that it no longer goes to the system Temporary folder (potentially filling the user's system drive). It now goes to the same folder as the specified render location, and is instantly deleted once the render is complete
  • Color Curves channel setting now persist through closing and reopening the tool
  • Color Curves Show All Channels checkbox is now selected by default
  • The Selection Edit Tool no longer flickers when holding Ctr. or Shift when making a selection
  • Shuffle events now works properly when a J cut is present
  • The Portals transition now works properly
  • Improved the handling of imported Photoshop files so that layers no longer display pale edges when viewing at Best settings in the Video Preview window
  • Adding a clip from the Project Media window at the project frame rate while set to Details view now correctly adjusts the clip's frame rate as expected
  • A menu option to rename video plug-ins while in the Plug-In Chooser has been removed since the operation is not available and choosing it caused a crash
  • The Trimmer window context menu now properly appears when you right-click the video portion after first having disabled the new hover scrub feature
  • Investigated a suspected bug that caused 4K ProRes files from a Blackmagic Designs camera to appear more exposed on Preview and Draft settings in the Video Preview than in Good and Best settings and determined that no bug exists. Some footage may appear brighter or darker at the lower-resolution settings due to the blurring of the video that naturally takes place at these low preview resolutions
  • Investigated a suspected bug where 4K ProRes files from a Blackmagix Designs camera has different gamma values in VEGAS Pro 14 compared to VEGAS Pro 13. This has been determined to be caused by a known flaw in the Apple QuickTime for Windows add-on software that was required to read these files in version 13. Our native reader in version 14 does not have this flaw and its output is correct
  • Custom window layouts that use tabs docked to the top of windows are now properly saved and persist through an application restart
  • The TrackGroup scripting class has been updated so that the Mute and Solo properties now return the correct values as expected
  • Fixed a problem that could cause a crash under certain circumstances when exporting a project as a VEGAS Pro archive
  • The Render Complete dialog box is now covered by floating windows within the application less frequently.

Thanks again for your continued support and feedback.

Best regards,
Mathias

Edit: Put in the right notes

Comments

Grazie wrote on 3/28/2017, 11:58 AM

Mathias, I really appreciate your Official notification I really do.

NickHope wrote on 3/28/2017, 12:05 PM

Thanks for the update but everything on the lists is from update builds 201 and 211, not this one.

Grazie wrote on 3/28/2017, 12:25 PM

Thanks for the update but everything on the lists is from update builds 201 and 211, not this one.

Really? Care to comment Mathias. And as Nick hadn't asked, what is in this update? Or Nick, care to comment?

NickHope wrote on 3/28/2017, 12:34 PM

I don't know, but I can see immediately that this is fixed, which makes me happy.

Jam_One wrote on 3/28/2017, 12:57 PM
  • The selection rectangle now shows up for each tool that includes a color picker.

This is something new, and God bless you for this!

• VEGAS Pro no longer exhibits random crashes upon closing the application

That's a negative.
Vegas is still having hard times unloading Vegasaur.Extensions.2.dll
The "crash-on-exit" thing still happens when the Vegasaur's DLL is present in Application Extensions folder.
(Same about the previous versions of Vegasaur.)

Last changed by Jam_One on 3/28/2017, 1:09 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Win 7 Ultimate | Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz | nVidia GTX 760 4GB * 2

SSD | 32 GB RAM | No Swap file | No Overclock | GPU-in-CPU OFF

t.A.T.u. F.o.R.e.V.e.R.!

NickHope wrote on 3/28/2017, 1:13 PM
  • The selection rectangle now shows up for each tool that includes a color picker.

This is something new, and God bless you for this!

New in build 201 (actually restored functionality from the distant past).

• VEGAS Pro no longer exhibits random crashes upon closing the application

That's a negative.
Vegas is still having hard times unloading Vegasaur.Extensions.2.dll
The "crash-on-exit" thing still happens when the Vegasaur is installed and its DLL is present in Application Extensions folder.

Previously reported for build 201. I still get some crash-on-exits too, but not as many as in the past.

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 3/28/2017, 1:38 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm very sorry but this is a mistake I have personally made while posting. Unfortunately I'm already at home and don't have access to the patch notes. I will correct this as soon as I'm in the office tomorrow. (CET here)

Please bear with me.

Best regards,
Mathias

Grazie wrote on 3/28/2017, 1:45 PM

Thanks Mathias. I'll look forward to comparing.

Xerxeth wrote on 3/28/2017, 3:16 PM

Is "VEGAS Pro 14 Edit Steam Edition" ever going to get these updates pushed to the Steam client? We're still on Build 189.

Also, I was manually browsing some older posts and I read something along the lines of: "The Steam Edition and 'Normal' version are different versions... The currently available build 211 available here are for 'Normal' Version."
That really doesn't seem like the case, as I'm still able to manually update it myself.

So now my Steam version is on Build 244, I just don't understand why these patches couldn't be pushed the Steam version... There's owners of the Steam version that are upset that they're getting a dated version for full price and don't know how to manually update. 🙁

cinefilm wrote on 3/28/2017, 4:08 PM

Rendering a file in version 211 works fine, in build 244 it states "invalid argument" and crashes.

LeyshonUSMC wrote on 3/28/2017, 9:43 PM

Rendering a file in version 211 works fine, in build 244 it states "invalid argument" and crashes.

I just updated and I am having the exact same problem. Now I can't render anything. I am going to roll back to 211 and hopefully it works again.

Grazie wrote on 3/28/2017, 10:10 PM

I just updated and I am having the exact same problem. Now I can't render anything. I am going to roll back to 211 and hopefully it works again.

Really?? - I'm not updating till I hear something from MAGIX.

LeyshonUSMC wrote on 3/28/2017, 10:21 PM

Really?? - I'm not updating till I hear something from MAGIX.

*Update* Rolling back to 211 worked for me. I can now render my files again.

NickHope wrote on 3/28/2017, 11:18 PM

That really doesn't seem like the case, as I'm still able to manually update it myself.

So now my Steam version is on Build 244, I just don't understand why these patches couldn't be pushed the Steam version... There's owners of the Steam version that are upset that they're getting a dated version for full price and don't know how to manually update. 🙁

@Xerxeth How exactly did you manually update?

NickHope wrote on 3/29/2017, 12:52 AM

What render settings?

No problem here with Sony AVC/MVC, MainConcept AVC/AAC, ProRes, HEVC.

PacoDeCasa wrote on 3/29/2017, 5:06 AM

same error here, in fact ALL my custom export settings are empty... if i enter to configure them all the dropdowns, checkbox... no value!

Marco. wrote on 3/29/2017, 5:12 AM

Same problem here. What's strange, when I make a screenshot of the render window, the text of the settings' menus displays fine in the screenshot. But it's invisible in the render window itself.

Dexcon wrote on 3/29/2017, 6:31 AM

... and same problem here too.  All the customized render settings are blank.  However, the default render settings (for MC AVC/ACC at least) are still there and can be customized again.  But very annoying!

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

Grazie wrote on 3/29/2017, 6:36 AM

I've now counted at least five Vegas Pro, I call POWER USERS, who've noted issues with this update and who've needed to backdate to the previous working build.

Can somebody from MAGIX please comment.

I'm staying with Build211.

Cornico wrote on 3/29/2017, 6:37 AM

No problem here, all default and customized templates are visible and can be changed on laptop and desktop from signature.

Xerxeth wrote on 3/29/2017, 7:11 AM

@Xerxeth How exactly did you manually update?

I simply applied the retail build over the Steam version, then reinstalled the Steam version. http://steamcommunity.com/app/528200/discussions/0/143387886723503186/

However, one person is saying the method I used isn't working for them.

Everything seems to be working fine, I use this with HitFilm Pro 2017 and they still work with each other.

Cornico wrote on 3/29/2017, 8:03 AM

Edit

No problem here, all default and customized templates are visible and can be changed on laptop and desktop from signature

While I had renamed my customized settings for MC and Sony AVC due to the audio bug in VMS14 on customized templates, I did not directly see that problem.
I reset those customized templates and now I see that problem at both my machines only with the customized templates of the Mainconcept AVC codec. Not with default templates.
Look for yourself

NickHope wrote on 3/29/2017, 9:17 AM

Me too now, but only ProRes and MC AVC custom templates that I created in previous versions. My previously-created custom templates for 9 other formats are OK. I can create a new ProRes or MC AVC custom template and it's also OK.

I've had a look in %APPDATA%\Sony\Render Templates\ where the .sft2 render template files are and I don't see anything obviously different about the faulty templates.

I tried exporting and importing a faulty template with Vegasaur Presets Manager but the fields are all still empty.

VEGAS_EricD wrote on 3/29/2017, 9:22 AM

We are looking into the render situation and will provide news updates.  Thank you for reporting this issue.