VEGAS Pro 14 Update 5 (build 244)

Comments

Grazie wrote on 4/5/2017, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the reassurances Mathias.

bryan-wilson wrote on 4/5/2017, 11:15 PM

Glad you are on it Mathias as I needed to render an .mp4 tonight and can not. I can't customize the Main Concept Template as it will not keep the numbers I am inputing from my older templates.

Jam_One wrote on 4/6/2017, 10:43 AM

... I can't customize the Main Concept Template as it will not keep the numbers I am inputing from my older tamplates.

So, this place (that one the code addresses to) does appear to be really inappropriate -- https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vp14-build-244-no-render-mainconcept-mp4-possible--106213/#ca657558

Former user wrote on 4/7/2017, 5:37 PM

Why Sony Vegas Pro 12-14 is not available for 32 (86)-bit?

Cornico wrote on 4/7/2017, 5:47 PM

I can't customize the Main Concept Template as it will not keep the numbers I am inputing from my older tamplates.

Here no problem at all. Alle custmized MC AVC templates in and from build 244 render good. Only the use of customized templates from other/earlier versions fail to render with an error message.

vkmast wrote on 4/9/2017, 5:41 PM

Why Sony Vegas Pro 12-14 is not available for 32 (86)-bit?

Read the second post in this thread https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/977920

The Sony/SCS own explanation at the time Vegas Pro 12 was released as only 64 bit is quoted in this thread.

bravof wrote on 5/29/2017, 3:11 AM

Hi,

Has the bug about stored settings in our rendering templates been fixed?

Martin L wrote on 5/29/2017, 3:21 AM

Yes!

craig-l wrote on 5/29/2017, 4:30 AM

Mathias, I've been using Vegas for many years, but at this point, I won't be happy with Vegas Pro until Magix returns the AC3 Pro decoder. DVD Architect does not recognize an AC3 Studio 5.1 file as a 5.1 file.

DVD Architect processes the 5.1 Studio file as a 5.1 'stereo downmix'... that's a big issue to me.

gary-rebholz wrote on 6/8/2017, 10:29 AM

DVD Architect processes the 5.1 Studio file as a 5.1 'stereo downmix'... that's a big issue to me.

@craig-I, I'm sorry you've run into this bug. We have already fixed it and it will be in the next update to VEGAS DVD Architect. While I can't give you an exact release date for the update, we're working on it now and will have it out as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cielspacing wrote on 6/8/2017, 8:32 PM

We have already fixed it and it will be in the next update to VEGAS DVD Architect. While I can't give you an exact release date for the update, we're working on it now and will have it out as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gary,
Thank you for your long since contributions developing the various softwares where we've witnessed your positive trail (VEGAS, Spectralayers, etc).
One important point here; I do hope when you mention "update" twice above, you are alluding to coming bug fixes updates (not new features upgrades).
Therefore these fixes will mean no additional payments from us customers who have been patiently waiting - for Magix in this case - to finally fix features, functions and work-flows that have been all along published (at manuals, product pages and more) as constituting part of the software we initially acquired.
High Regards.

gary-rebholz wrote on 6/9/2017, 8:36 AM

Therefore these fixes will mean no additional payments from us customers

Exactly correct.

dpaterson wrote on 6/10/2017, 4:25 AM

Hi.

Really sorry to "mooch" off of this thread but my support requests and other posts (on this very topic and one or two others) seem to be being ignored by support.

Gary:

I opened a support ticket on a very similar topic but no response (since Thursday this week). So I then posted on the forums (see link below). Only responses received is from forum members. Topic is very similar to this one i.e. includes issues with DVDA 7 / Vegas Pro 14 / Dolby PRO vs. Dolby STUDIO / DVDA 7 not recognising various 5.1 audio files as rendered by Vegas Pro 14.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/dvda-7-does-not-recognize-5-1-audio-files--106951/

and here:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/5-1-surround-problems--90745/

(The above is an old thread but with new posts and while I understand it's been posted in the Movie Studio forum I believe it has relevance as it's the same issue that I'm having with DVDA 7 / Vegas Pro 14 etc. etc. etc. i.e. these issues all seem to be related).

Regards,

Dale.

Cielspacing wrote on 6/10/2017, 2:57 PM

Really sorry to "mooch" off of this thread but my support requests and other posts (on this very topic and one or two others) seem to be being ignored by support. (...)

I opened a support ticket on a very similar topic but no response (since Thursday this week). So I then posted on the forums (see link below). Only responses received is from forum members. Topic is very similar to this one i.e. includes issues with DVDA 7 / Vegas Pro 14 / Dolby PRO vs. Dolby STUDIO / DVDA 7 not recognising various 5.1 audio files as rendered by Vegas Pro 14.
Dale.

Dale, your two phrases above show no coherence; "being ignored by support" and "I opened a support ticket on a very similar topic but no response (since Thursday this week)."... unless what you describe here is not the whole story and you've been opening support tickets earlier, note that not 48hrs have past since.
///Despite the importance you place on your issue, and given you have already opened three paths in quest for help, I would suggest you allow for a bit more time, as you might already have found, at the developers world, time is rather elastic (depending on many facets). And no, it does not equal retail/distribution rather short response cycles.

dpaterson wrote on 6/10/2017, 3:14 PM

Hello Cielspacing.

Well fair enough re: the 48 hours that have not passed as yet. Your comments are noted and, as I said, fair enough. I do think it pertinent to mention, though, that at least one of the (my) issues raised is certainly nothing new so far as I can tell i.e. some posts by others on the same topic date back months (Dolby Studio vs. Dolby Pro vs. DVDA and the way DVDA recognises / processes 5.1 files).

Regards,

Dale.

DarknessConcept wrote on 12/14/2017, 3:59 PM

Someone sold me a sealed retail copy of pro 14 and I noticed during the install that it was build 244. This threw up a red flag for me and I cancelled the install because to my knowledge no retail / disc copy of pro 14 shipped with this build. Can anyone confirm?

set wrote on 12/14/2017, 5:26 PM

I think as long as you have the serial number of it, and able to successfully activate it later (after installation process finished), also update it to the latest build 270 (or jump directly to this build - using the serial number you received from the box), I guess there should be no issue.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

DarknessConcept wrote on 12/14/2017, 5:51 PM

I think as long as you have the serial number of it, and able to successfully activate it later (after installation process finished), also update it to the latest build 270 (or jump directly to this build - using the serial number you received from the box), I guess there should be no issue.

I have no doubt that the software would have successfully installed and operated. My concern is that it is cracked and pirated software (something I feel is likely considering the build it contained). This type of software is notorious for containing embedded malware. Even if it did not, I make it a point to never used pirated software.

gary-rebholz wrote on 12/15/2017, 9:48 AM

@DarknessConcept, it is entirely possible that the fulfillment group ran out of the original batch of VEGAS Pro 14 boxes. In that case, they would have manufactured more and they would use the most current build of the software at that time. Build 244 is indeed a legitimately released build (it was update 5), and it is entirely possible that this build was included in a new run of boxes. Still, I have no way of knowing whether your specific box is pirated or not.

If you're still worried about it, go to www.vegascreativesoftware.com and download the installer from that page (which would be the most up-to-date version). Then use the serial number in your box to unlock it.

DarknessConcept wrote on 12/16/2017, 2:29 PM

@DarknessConcept, it is entirely possible that the fulfillment group ran out of the original batch of VEGAS Pro 14 boxes. In that case, they would have manufactured more and they would use the most current build of the software at that time. Build 244 is indeed a legitimately released build (it was update 5), and it is entirely possible that this build was included in a new run of boxes. Still, I have no way of knowing whether your specific box is pirated or not.

If you're still worried about it, go to www.vegascreativesoftware.com and download the installer from that page (which would be the most up-to-date version). Then use the serial number in your box to unlock it.

Thank you for your response. What I actually ended up doing was checking the disc in a disc metadata analyzation utility. This scan yielded the fact that the disc had been burned with ImgBurn (not the method by which retail discs are manufactured). This gave me my concrete answer.