Comments

bitman wrote on 8/15/2020, 12:30 PM

Only problem is for the upgrade version of VP18, SFP14 doesn't come with Ozone Izotope Elements 7, or the cleanup RX7 plugins, even though selection of them is hard-coded in the new SFP15 quick menu! they are installed, but you are not issued with an activation code to use them! This is what MAGIX told me when I asked.

I have noticed that with my upgrade version Vegas pro 18, the RX7 plugins in SFP14 are installed and do work, but that is perhaps because I have purchased a few months ago an upgrade to Magix' Sound Forge Audio Clean Lab 2, which contained the RX7 elements plugins (with serials), so maybe that is why I have them working on Sound Forge Pro 14 with the upgrade to Vegas 18...

I was feeling a little disappointed I had purchased the clean lab 2 before while now with the upgrade Vegas 18 you get SPF14 with the same (redundant for me) isotope plugins, but now I am happy to know that the Clean Lab 2 was probably not entirely wasted in my case.

Last changed by bitman on 8/15/2020, 12:34 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Current system: VP 18 (build 284), VP 17 (build 452), (uninstalled VP 12,13,14,15, 16 Suite), Vegasaur, Magix Video Pro X (VPX11), Corel VS ultimate 2019, a lot of NEWBLUE plugins, Titler Pro 6, Mercalli 4.0, Respeedr, Vasco Da Gamma 12, VASST stuff, Production Assistent pro3, Boris Continuum 2020, Davinci Resolve Studio 16,...

• CPU: i9900K stepping R0 (since October 2019), previously, der8auer i7-8700K (advanced edition), default speed (no overclock), Cooler: Noctua NH-D15s
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 3200C14 DDR4 64GB, XMP set to profile 1 in BIOS
  • Videocard: NVIDEA RTX 2080Ti (Founders edition), NVIDEA studio drivers
  • Monitor: LG 38 inch ultra-wide (21x9) - Resolution: 3840x1600
  • C-drive (games & APPS): Samsung NVMe SSD 2TB 960 pro

• Current Video source work drive: Samsung NVMe SSD 2T 970 EVO plus

• Mass Data storage & Backup: WD gold 6TB + WD Yellow 4TB

• MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, BIOS F14
  • PS: Corsair HX1200i, Case: Silverstone fortress 2,
  • Misc: Logitech G915 (replaced G910), Evoluent Vertical Mouse, shuttlePROv2

Deva-Bida wrote on 8/15/2020, 1:41 PM

@Deva-Bida you can trust the comparison page to see what is included.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/sem/vegas-pro/product-comparison/#productMenu

Just be aware that Boris Continuum is not the complete Boris continuum FX, but selected elements from the Boris complete continuum FX as stated correctly in the comparison.

Thanks. And thanks for pointing out that it's not Boris Complete. Purchased and looking forward to exploring.

Deva-Bida wrote on 8/25/2020, 4:02 AM

@Deva-Bida you can trust the comparison page to see what is included.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/sem/vegas-pro/product-comparison/#productMenu

Just be aware that Boris Continuum is not the complete Boris continuum FX, but selected elements from the Boris complete continuum FX as stated correctly in the comparison.

Okay, first time trying to use a Suite on two machines. It appears I am only able to activate some of the 3rd-party items (Boris, SpectralLayers, and Zynaptiq) on one of the machines, with attempts on the second machine showing the licenses as in use.

Is this WAD or is there some other steps needed to have all the included 3rd-party elements active on both machines? (NewBlue products seem to work on both installs.)

fr0sty wrote on 8/25/2020, 8:18 AM

Unfortunately, each company has their own policies when it comes to how many systems you can install something on. Magix allows 2, but folks like Boris have differing policies so you may have to purchase a second license. Another thing to note about the suites, many times these companies also lock those bundles to the version of VEGAS you bought, and won't honor the upgrade to a new version unless you actually buy the plugin from them full price.

The downside of bundling with third parties, everyone has their own way of going about things.

Last changed by fr0sty on 8/25/2020, 8:19 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Radeon VII

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

NicRAM wrote on 9/8/2020, 11:50 AM

Does Vegas Post 18 support boris fx plugin such as continuum or mocha pro?

set wrote on 9/8/2020, 4:43 PM

Does Vegas Post 18 support boris fx plugin such as continuum or mocha pro?

Yes

peter-mcintyre wrote on 9/13/2020, 1:33 PM

Some advice please: I am a writer who has had to learn video over the past few years. I am a (more or less) competent editor but not high end. I use Vegas Pro 17, (probably about a half of what it can do). I haven't seen anything in Version 18 that shouts 'must have' at me for my purposes. However, I am wrestling with some footage shot under difficult conditions where there is a lot of wind noise and have to get to grips with making the best of it. I keep getting offers from Magix for Sound Forge, which is not expensive. However, we are also being offered Spectra Layers with Version 18 of Vegas Pro. How easy will each be to get to grips with and will I get better results with Spectra Layers than with Sound Forge? Where should my limited funds go? (By the way, I do know the best way is not have wind noise in the first place - the circumstances were difficult.). Advice welcome.

Douglas-McFarland wrote on 9/14/2020, 8:55 PM

Hiiiiii peter-mcintyre,

I'm a Vegas Pro 15 user. I never could get the noise (i.e., wind, ceiling fans, air conditioning, etc.) reduction just right with the Vegas built-in plug-in's. I would end up with so much reduction that the voice audio would have annoying "squeaky" audio artifacts. So, I would open the video file in Audacity (freeware), which would display the audio track of the video. Then, I would use the built-in noise reduction effect very successfully. Finally, I would export that audio file as MP3/WAV/etc. and replace the audio track in Vegas Pro.

I bet Spectra Layers could do this as well, but Audacity is free and has been around for years. It's a good product too.

Hope this helps! :-)

peter-mcintyre wrote on 9/17/2020, 7:52 AM

Many thanks for this Douglas. Time to do a bit of research. Maybe try Audacity first. I suppose there are online treaching aids for each of these options.