VEGAS Pro 19 Update 5 (Build 643)

Comments

fr0sty wrote on 7/26/2022, 9:11 PM

In some cases, if a bug is very widespread among most users, and it severely impacts performance, they'll release an update for an older version, but it's unlikely.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

Former user wrote on 7/26/2022, 9:34 PM

@fr0sty I just tested the stuck Vram problem to see if it actually is a problem

Using a project that uses around 8GB of Vram in Vegas, close the project, Vram use doesn't change, but is it an illusion, will other software be able to use that VRAM. Open up Topaz AI, run a project, Vram goes up to 10GB(no vram left) render speed is 0.69seconds per frame, I shut down vegas, Vram reduces to 6GB and frame rate speeds up to 0.46 seconds a frame. Load Vegas and render speed remains at 0.46seconds per frame

So it actually is a real problem, but closing Vegas with no project loaded isn't a big deal, BUT you have to know to do that

Reyfox wrote on 7/27/2022, 4:50 AM

@Former user I've written about this somewhere in the forum @Former user experienced the same issue. Here is the THREAD.

Former user wrote on 7/27/2022, 4:35 PM

@Reyfox I tried to get Vegas to do them massive RAM thing using Vegas fx's but couldn't get it past 22GB, if it happens again I'll make a note of why, how n if it can be recreated,.. it might have been a Boris fx,,

Talking of Boris's stuff, i've been playing with Boris Silhouette tonight 🤣🤣🤣😮🤣🤣

Reyfox wrote on 7/28/2022, 8:04 AM

@Former user. Do you have VP18?

Former user wrote on 7/28/2022, 5:01 PM

@Reyfox Not anymore, it either got written over with V19 update or i lost it when i formatted my drive & reloaded Windows last yr, tonight when i was doing something with 2 short 4k clips RAM went to 70GB, I closed Vegas, RAM cleared, I reopened Vegas & repeated what i'd done which was very simple & easily repeatable but RAM only gat to 22GB 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Reyfox wrote on 7/29/2022, 10:59 AM

@Former user, VP19 will not overwrite VP18. The same project which I saw RAM creeping up in VP19, in VP18, the RAM usage was less and never crept up. But like you have experienced with 2 short 4K clips, RAM went to 70GB is outrageous. That should not happen under any circumstance. And yes, restarting VP19 clears the RAM. But if you didn't restart VP19 and decided to start a new project, the RAM isn't cleared.

weinerschizel wrote on 8/1/2022, 1:27 PM

Build 643 is unstable with HVEC files on my system. It crashes my display driver when creating timeline with multiple HVEC files. I had to revert to 636.

relaxvideo wrote on 8/2/2022, 1:12 AM

Exactly! When somebody says 643 is fine, then he definetly not use high res hevc files (5.7k, etc)

I really hope Magix will fix this, before releasing V20. I won't spend any more money when they still have this serious issue with V19! An urgent fix is needed.

Reyfox wrote on 8/2/2022, 5:14 AM

@relaxvideo, I personally do not use HEVC files, so yes, outside of the horrid RAM usage of 643, it is fine for me.

For me, fixing the RAM issues are extremely important. And while I agree, HEVC support is of extreme importance also, it doesn't affect me and my workflow. But extremely high RAM usage does.

Karolina-Gajo wrote on 8/2/2022, 10:54 AM

Hi,
I'm not upgrading Vegas 19 to the latest version. I'm afraid. I bought V19 few months ago and for me the most stable version was build 550.
Now I got build 636 and it makes me crazy.
Is for any of you more stable bulid? Is it worth to downgrade to oldest versions?

My PC:
Intel i9-9900KS 4 GHz
nVidia GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
RAM 64 GB
Win Home 10

I am working the mostly on Fuji X-T4 4K 100 Mbit mov files.

Reyfox wrote on 8/2/2022, 11:40 AM

@Karolina-Gajo have you tried the last build 643? I personally found 636 stable.

Karolina-Gajo wrote on 8/2/2022, 2:32 PM

No, do you use build 643?

Reyfox wrote on 8/2/2022, 3:21 PM

Yes I do. I've used it since it was released.

Dean-Richard wrote on 8/8/2022, 8:55 PM

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but have been a part-time Vegas user for nearly 20 years. I just built a new PC with an Intel 12700K and AMD Radeon 6700XT video card, and I'm seeing very peculiar behavior. I am currently running v19, build 643 on Win 10. When using the AMD GPU, if I bring up an old project and put the cursor over, or play a JPG image the photo appears to be blue, almost no other color. Also, sometimes when I open the FX browser on a video clip, the same thing, the clip looks blue. Obviously it is unusable. If I switch to using the onboard Intel 770 GPU it seems to fix the problem, but of course I would like to be able to use my expensive new video card. One more thing - changing the project pixel depth from 8-bit to 32-bit float seems to help somewhat, but if I render I still get the blue tint on JPGs. Any ideas?

EricLNZ wrote on 8/8/2022, 9:17 PM

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but have been a part-time Vegas user for nearly 20 years. I just built a new PC with an Intel 12700K and AMD Radeon 6700XT video card, and I'm seeing very peculiar behavior. I am currently running v19, build 643 on Win 10. When using the AMD GPU, if I bring up an old project and put the cursor over, or play a JPG image the photo appears to be blue, almost no other color. Also, sometimes when I open the FX browser on a video clip, the same thing, the clip looks blue. Obviously it is unusable. If I switch to using the onboard Intel 770 GPU it seems to fix the problem, but of course I would like to be able to use my expensive new video card. One more thing - changing the project pixel depth from 8-bit to 32-bit float seems to help somewhat, but if I render I still get the blue tint on JPGs. Any ideas?

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-19-0-completly-different-colours-after-rendering-video--136578/

There appears to be a problem with a recently released AMD driver. If you have the driver version involved try rolling back to an earlier version.

RogerS wrote on 8/8/2022, 9:33 PM

Try the 22.5.1 driver instead- lots of reports about this.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

Dean-Richard wrote on 8/9/2022, 12:15 AM

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-19-0-completly-different-colours-after-rendering-video--136578/

There appears to be a problem with a recently released AMD driver. If you have the driver version involved try rolling back to an earlier version.

Thank you (and the others who pointed out the problem driver) so much! It's working well now, and the increase in speed from my old setup is impressive. Being a new system, I was pulling my hair trying to track down the problem. Who expects the first driver they install to have such a serious bug? Anyway, thanks again to all.