VEGAS Pro 16 Update 1 (build 261) - General Discussion

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 9/3/2018, 5:38 AM

VEGAS Pro 16 Update 1 (build 261) has been released. Please give us your feedback in this thread.

If you already have build 261 or earlier installed, there is no need to uninstall it. The build 261 will overwrite your installation and retain your settings. Your computer will need to be online for activation after the update.

If you are installing VEGAS Pro 16 for the first time, it is generally better to install using a VEGAS Pro download manager. See here for details & links.

Official announcement with Patch Notes

VEGAS Pro 16 (build 261) installer

Comments

Marty74 wrote on 9/3/2018, 11:44 AM

the only request (hope it will be available in a future update) would be the possibility to import .srt file as subtitle, and i would be a happy man :) (but i'm already happy :) thanks Magix !

Blaque wrote on 9/3/2018, 12:13 PM

After updating I see only half of the video in the preview window when placing a clip on the timeline. Just ridiculous!

magumagu wrote on 9/3/2018, 1:02 PM

Thank you very much for release of VEGAS Pro 16 Update 1 (build 261).

However, there are no changes for the phenomenon to which an error happens by a start of VEGAS Pro 16.

An error report is being also sent, but improvement by all means, please.

By the way, VEGAS Pro 15 and VEGAS Pro 14 can be started, and it can ordinarily be used.

fr0sty wrote on 9/3/2018, 3:11 PM

After updating I see only half of the video in the preview window when placing a clip on the timeline. Just ridiculous!

Try disabling timeline GPU acceleration in the settings, see if that does anything. If it does, try turning it back on after updating your GPU drivers. Sometimes that helps with image issues like that.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

Soundivad wrote on 9/3/2018, 4:01 PM

The video stabilisation zoom slider reset on project loading bug is still present and a new bug too, the zoom slider now zooms in way to far after analysing. At least at loading the project it is back to 0, such a crap.

Pashi wrote on 9/3/2018, 4:40 PM

GUI in VP16 became slow as a hell in comparison with VP15. Just moving the events take huge amount of time...

Kinvermark wrote on 9/3/2018, 4:56 PM

The video stabilisation zoom slider reset on project loading bug is still present and a new bug too, the zoom slider now zooms in way to far after analysing. At least at loading the project it is back to 0, such a crap.

I'm seeing the same problem. Anyone else?

Assuming this is a generic bug, it needs to be fixed (!YESTERDAY!) because otherwise the stabilizer cannot be used without an awkward pan/crop zoom.

@VEGASPascal can you confirm a fix is on your list and imminent?

pierre-k wrote on 9/3/2018, 5:06 PM

"Insert subtitles from file" is bad tool. Please inovative.

Hi

CSV can not be read. When selecting a file, nothing happens.
File is transferred from srt to csv in Subtitle Edit 3.5.5

TXT import all lines, including times and line breaks ( / )
Subtitles are all in sequence. Your tool ignores the times to be displayed.

Vegasaur Text Generation Wizard is better.

Import subtitles: The real power of this tool is the ability to import subtitles or text from external files. The following formats are supported:

- DVD Architect Subtitles (SUB)
- YouTube Subtitles (SBV)
- SubRip Subtitles (SRT)
- Comma Separated Values (CSV)
- Tab Separated Values (TSV)
- Plain Text (TXT)

Export text events: You can easily export text media (supported generators: Titles&Text) from Vegas Pro to a file (plain text, srt, sub, etc.), create closed captions/markers/regions from text events.

Magix...... Please upgrade your tool to work the same way. For years, you have invented tools that are not ideal. They are not complete and fully useful. They have a lot of mistakes. This approach is bad.

If you can not create the same powerful tool as Vegasaur, then buy it from them. Thank you :-)

Kinvermark wrote on 9/3/2018, 5:10 PM

Also not seeing any improvement in the storyboard function. At this point it basically does not work.

Anyone confirm this problem?

karma17 wrote on 9/3/2018, 5:46 PM

The split tool is now working in the Bezier masking, so that's all good now.

fr0sty wrote on 9/3/2018, 5:57 PM

Also not seeing any improvement in the storyboard function. At this point it basically does not work.

Anyone confirm this problem?

If you'll give a little more detail about what the issue is, I will try to reproduce it.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

Kinvermark wrote on 9/3/2018, 6:24 PM

Thanks! I what I am seeing is pretty easy to spot, so you might not be experiencing the same - would be good to know.

Take anything other than a super simple timeline (eg, 20 clips on a couple different tracks. Maybe an extra piece of music) and make changes to the order of clips using the timeline. Does it update on the main storyboard consistently and correctly? Vice versa?

If you change in/out points on clips on the main storyboard, does it update the timeline?

If you drag an "unassociated" storyboard to the timeline, does it keep the in/out points?

PS I can also make Vegas crash if I "overuse" the mouse wheel to scroll icon size, but that is an issue I can live with.

PPS You may need to work at moving clips around for a while to get it to fail. I am seeing that sometimes it starts out looking good, but after a few more moves I see clips out of order. Also, media spanning other clips makes a big mess.

fr0sty wrote on 9/3/2018, 7:24 PM

OK. I will dig into this as soon as the hurricane that is about to hit us passes.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

Kinvermark wrote on 9/3/2018, 7:32 PM

Sounds like you have a bit more to worry about than software issues. Good luck!

ram17 wrote on 9/3/2018, 7:49 PM

The storyboard issues aren't addressed here in this patch, maybe next build update.

Kinvermark wrote on 9/3/2018, 9:33 PM

@ram17

Does that mean you are also experiencing these storyboard problems?

Former user wrote on 9/3/2018, 9:43 PM

Redefinição do controle deslizante do zoom de estabilização de vídeo sem erro de carregamento do projeto agora está presente e um novo bug também, o controle deslizante de zoom agora aumenta o zoom para longe após uma análise. Pelo menos ao carregar o projeto, ele volta a 0, uma porcaria dessas.

@Soundivad @Kinvermark

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/how-to-return-old-vegas-stabilize-in-vegas-pro-16--112790/

Wolfgang S. wrote on 9/4/2018, 12:35 AM

@ram17

Does that mean you are also experiencing these storyboard problems?

The storyboard issues aren't addressed here in this patch, maybe next build update.

The first point is that they need some clear repros. I have also seen that it is possible to crash Vegas by changing the sizes of the icons with the mouse wheel.

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti * Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED (i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE, 32 GB Ram. Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB) with internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor. Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG, Atomos Sumo

Vegas_Sebastian wrote on 9/4/2018, 1:02 AM

I'm seeing the same problem. Anyone else?

Assuming this is a generic bug, it needs to be fixed (!YESTERDAY!) because otherwise the stabilizer cannot be used without an awkward pan/crop zoom.

@VEGASPascal can you confirm a fix is on your list and imminent?

That fix is part of Update 2.

As a workaround for now, you can append smart zoom to media FX chain.

Blaque wrote on 9/4/2018, 1:19 AM

Try disabling timeline GPU acceleration in the settings, see if that does anything. If it does, try turning it back on after updating your GPU drivers. Sometimes that helps with image issues like that.

Thanks for the suggestion, however it didn't work.

dave-wilson wrote on 9/4/2018, 1:56 AM

Vegas only using about 30% of available processing power with Threadripper 1950x. Please UNLEASH THE POWER!

joost-berk wrote on 9/4/2018, 2:31 AM

When will Vegas feature a proper VST 3.0 64 bit support? I can't use my Waves and Isotope plugins without stuttering! It is a big issue that is going on since the first 64-bit Vegas version. And how come that when I try to render a project (even without any plugins) the performance of my CPU, GPU and RAM are not running higher than say 30% load in the Windows Task Manager? Can this be fixed, I bought high spec hardware just for Vegas Pro.

Vegas Pro user since version 1.2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR (Latest Studio Driver)

Monitoring: Black Magic Design DeckLink SDI 4K (or Nvidia HDMI for 4K HDR)

Audio: M-Audio M-Track Eight ASIO

Controller: Behringer X-Touch

marcinzm wrote on 9/4/2018, 2:47 AM

Applying keyboard shurtcut for "Close gap" is impossible. "Close gap" feature is not available on list of shortcut command window.

If you are bored, drink water, you will want to pee. -> Albert Einstein - my idol!

I am 42. I have been creating videos since 2009 (the date when my first daughter was born in). My first video software was Pinnacle, next one was Sony Vegas 8 (I am not sure if remember it correctly). I am also a developer and wedding movie operator and editor. For example: I have created an Android app which let me control Vegas Pro rendering progress level on Android smartphone. I created it for fun, because I also love programming. I also created my own plugin for Audio To Text feature specified usage from Vegas Pro 19. I created proxy creation plugin which uses multiple GPU threads (maximum 3) to create proxy files for Vegas Pro. I also written many others plugin/softwares which enhance my video editing, also wedding editing.

Camera/video camera: Sony FX3, Sony A7 III, Sony FDR AX 100, Canon 5D Mark III, GoPro Hero Black 7,8,9,10

Lenses for Sony: Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III , Sony 24mm gm 1.4 FE, Sony 20 mm G FE 1.8

Lenses for Canon: Canon EF 24-70 mm F/2.8 L USM, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

Drone: DJI Mavic 3 & DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0

Editing: Vegas Pro 20 (365) with a lot of third party plugins, also my own plugins written in C#

PC:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz   3.31 GHz

RAM: 128 GB

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 TI

storage: 4 SSD drives (including two M.2 flash drives) and two HDD drives

Windows system: 10 Home edition

Marco. wrote on 9/4/2018, 3:01 AM

"Close Gaps" cannot be used for a gap at the very beginning of the timeline or if more than one track is selected. Though it should work fine for other cases.