VEGAS Pro 16 Update 1 (build 261) - General Discussion

Comments

arthur7 wrote on 10/5/2018, 1:43 PM

Vegas PRO gives me more and more headaches.. i finally found the solution to all this!! Just disabled the decoding using the so4compoundplug.dll (exactly as the same issue as Vegas PRO 15) and now i can continue working again! IS THERE ANY TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO REPROGRAM HALF OF ITS CODE SO IT MEETS THE MODERN SPECS? 😭

Fiola wrote on 10/5/2018, 1:51 PM

Vegas PRO gives me more and more headaches.. i finally found the solution to all this!! Just disabled the decoding using the so4compoundplug.dll (exactly as the same issue as Vegas PRO 15) and now i can continue working again! IS THERE ANY TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO REPROGRAM HALF OF ITS CODE SO IT MEETS THE MODERN SPECS? 😭

I've got email from one of my contact at Magix. They are working on some extensive changes in "playback engine"... but it will take little more time. From my point of view, it will take another 2 years until we get some improvement on this. Until that day we need to just ... work with what we have now and find workarounds. For me and my team is it now, that we are splitting work - part of it is done on Adobe Premiere, part of it on VEGAS.

Based on previous progress and how the MAGIX is communicating with their community and costumers - and the fact, there is no TRELLO/bug tracking software/issue tracker available to see for us - it's absolutely mind bending for me.

Please, Magix, show us your roadmap! :(

Kinvermark wrote on 10/5/2018, 4:47 PM

@Fiola

Do the other NLE companies post a link to their internal "bug tracking software?" Can you give a few examples from the major competitors?

aping-wu wrote on 10/9/2018, 10:26 PM

GUI in VP16 became slow as a hell in comparison with VP15. Just moving the events take huge amount of time...

aping-wu wrote on 10/9/2018, 10:29 PM

I have the problem,it's very slow for moving event in time line. How to fix it?

NickHope wrote on 10/9/2018, 10:54 PM

I have the problem,it's very slow for moving event in time line. How to fix it?

@aping-wu Try closing Project Media window.

ADinosaur wrote on 10/10/2018, 1:29 AM

I've got email from one of my contact at Magix. They are working on some extensive changes in "playback engine"... but it will take little more time. From my point of view, it will take another 2 years until we get some improvement on this. Until that day we need to just ... work with what we have now and find workarounds. For me and my team is it now, that we are splitting work - part of it is done on Adobe Premiere, part of it on VEGAS.

Based on previous progress and how the MAGIX is communicating with their community and costumers - and the fact, there is no TRELLO/bug tracking software/issue tracker available to see for us - it's absolutely mind bending for me.

Please, Magix, show us your roadmap! :(

Then upgrades should be free in that time, no? I understand small bugs. 14 is rock freaking solid. 15 was a disaster and it looks like 16 continues that feat. Definitely not paying for the privilege of anything described here.

Hell, even the option to output a Vegas 14 file from Vegas 15 and Vegas 16 so that files that refuse to render in 15 or 16 can be rendered in stable software like 14 would be an incredible feature.

Really hoped when someone who wasn't Sony took over that this crap would stop.

aping-wu wrote on 10/10/2018, 5:10 AM

My computer has a graphic card "GeForce GTX 750", but there is no choice item in "graphic card acceleration" in preferences function. Is there any problem in my computer?

j-v wrote on 10/10/2018, 5:31 AM

but there is no choice item in "graphic card acceleration" in preferences function.

"No choice" means here that it is not listed or are there no other options?
Which driverversion is installed for that card?

Last changed by j-v on 10/10/2018, 5:31 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W11 home version 23H2, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti with driver
560.70 Studiodriver and Intel HD graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Laptop  :Asus ROG Str G712L, W11 home version 23H2, CPU i7-10875H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Studiodriver 560.70 and Intel UHD Graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Vegas software: VP 10 to 21 and VMS(pl) 10,12 to 17.
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEM CELL DONOR!!! (because it saved my life in 2016)

Fiola wrote on 10/11/2018, 3:54 PM

@Fiola

Do the other NLE companies post a link to their internal "bug tracking software?" Can you give a few examples from the major competitors?

Well, please excuse my point of view, but I am not sure why do you think there isn't such thing? Maybe it's something what's not common in video editing software engineering - and that's probably the reason why it kinda sucks right now, don't you think?

I am not just some video content producer. I am also the game developer. And of course, games are absolutely different than Video Editing Software, but they also got a lot of bugs and their engines too. In some other way, I am considering the VEGAS as "engine" for making possible render video. Often you will find interesting, how "game developers" are more open to its customers and also competitors than many software developers.

For instance, you can reach very beautifuly as "registered member" to "public bug tracker" - and there is of course internal secret one, which can't be accessed by "just anyone"... Game engines like Unity, GameMaker:Studio, Unreal Engine or CryEngine - all of them benefits from being open to their community, showcasing continuous support by revealing roadmaps, public bug tracker, taking polls (for instance: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro )

This leads to others to see "if the bug was recognized by the team" or just "waiting to be grabbed" or it's totally ignored ... Magix is doing their BEST, I know that. I am fan of them since they got VEGAS in their hands.

But no-one hopefully don't believe that Adobe or Blackmagic is waiting here and scavenging for "secret sauce" or "secret features" - and waiting for roadmap and be like "oh shit, this is the stuff, oh my god, we are so screwed", because you know, either way it's more like: Start the Vegas, Click on things and after 10 minutes see crash protocol, poor playback performance (even on high-end rigs) and slow un-utilized render (GPU is like: I will render only by 10% of my power, thanks) ...

I can't be anyone who just can't understand, WHY Magix is adding new stuff into software which is not working correctly. It's too soon for adding new features - first stability, then playback in editor, then faster render by utilization of newest hardware and then finally new features!)...

It's not like I am asking for miracle here. Being more open to customers is something crucial and should be industry standard to anyone by default by now. At least, that's what we do with our customers (and it pay off - they are happy informed!), because the rule "customers/community first" is obvious ...they are giving me reason to continue development (and also money).

But yes, tell me, there isn't any bug tracker or issue tracker of some sort by competitors. They have it. MAGIX should too.

Kinvermark wrote on 10/11/2018, 4:01 PM

You write WAYYYY too much. The simple answer to my simple question is NO.

I refuse to read the rest.

Fiola wrote on 10/11/2018, 4:55 PM

You write WAYYYY too much. The simple answer to my simple question is NO.

I refuse to read the rest.

The simple answer to your question is YES - there are issue trackers and roadmaps - by ADOBE and Blackmagic at least! :)

Edit: And your comment about "refusing to read the rest" is your bad. :) Enjoy your day! I am just trying to add context to my "rant".

JesusSheep-1965 wrote on 10/11/2018, 5:32 PM

It Would be Nice If the Plugine that came with it were up to date at time of purchase that Magix Provides.

If BorisFX comes with new version of plugin and Magix does not provide the current versions of plugins for the current Vegas Product comes with the BorisFX Plugin customer has has to spend extra money Because the ones Magix gives do not qualify for free upgrades.

Kinvermark wrote on 10/11/2018, 7:59 PM

@Fiola

Still not making any sense. Where are these supposed ADOBE and Blackmagic links to their "TRELLO/bug tracking software/issue tracker available to see for us" as you called it?

You said "it's absolutely mind bending for me" in criticism of Magix development. That's "your bad." Have a nice day :)

EdgyPotato wrote on 10/12/2018, 8:24 AM

I have to use vegas pro 14 because vegas pro 16 keeps crashing when I open, edit, save & render. It makes me so frustrating, I hope it will be better in the next update.

Fiola wrote on 10/13/2018, 10:47 AM

@Fiola

Still not making any sense. Where are these supposed ADOBE and Blackmagic links to their "TRELLO/bug tracking software/issue tracker available to see for us" as you called it?

You said "it's absolutely mind bending for me" in criticism of Magix development. That's "your bad." Have a nice day :)

Of course, such links are not open publicly to everyone. You can't just access them, you need to be subscriber to their software as customer and register as insider/bug reporter. Adobe has own dedicated forums and JIRA tracking for bug reporting and tracking issues with their customers. So please, just stop pretending it's something uncommon!

What we have with MAGIX is the support ticket and this forum, which is actually kind of really crazy in terms of how you are finding things. Because I can't actually know if the BUG i reported 2 years ago was really acknowledged and it's working on or not.

Support ticket doesn't provide such follow up on that.

That's what I am criticize here for last 2 years. We know nothing about upcoming release. We can't plan. We can't produce videos. We just need to pray and wait. I don't like that.

Kinvermark wrote on 10/13/2018, 11:15 AM

Ya, so like I said - no public links into the bug tracking software. Adobe / Blackmagic doesn't do this either.

Nick Hope has kept a public bug list on this forum that seems accurate. This is probably something a Magix employee should be tasked with - that much I would agree with you.

As far as future planning: I do agree there is no discernable roadmap. The problem for Magix is that it is even worse to make unkept promises.

fr0sty wrote on 10/13/2018, 1:30 PM

Of course, such links are not open publicly to everyone. You can't just access them, you need to be subscriber to their software as customer and register as insider/bug reporter. Adobe has own dedicated forums and JIRA tracking for bug reporting and tracking issues with their customers. So please, just stop pretending it's something uncommon

Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it isn't there. Magix being a smaller team likely can't keep up with input from 100's of people at once, so if they had a program like that, it would likely be restricted to a smaller number of people. I do know there is a basic roadmap in place, from the questions they have answered for me telling me about upcoming plans over the years. They can't be as open with them likely because they can only tackle a certain number of things at once, and them laying out a roadmap like that would likely just result in the forums exploding with people complaining that they aren't focusing on "X" feature instead, even though the "Y" feature they did put in was heavily requested by a majority of users.

I'd love to see more resources put behind Vegas, but they're the ones crunching the numbers here, they know what they can do. As long as Vegas keeps my business running as it has been for more years than I care to count, I'll stick around. As of now, though I have experienced a few bugs that they're usually quick to address if the forum members don't squash it first, it is working just fine for me.

Norbert wrote on 10/14/2018, 6:23 AM

Just use Vegas Pro 14 until they fix all the newly created bugs. Vegas 14 has a few old bugs but way more less irritating ones than the ones in Vegas 15-16.

arthur7 wrote on 10/16/2018, 1:52 PM

It is so frustrating even though i have disabled everything (GPUs and .dll) it keeps crashing all the time!!! What a crap! I am heading to the newly updated Davinci Resolve 15.1 as the gap between them on editing is very close to me. Helloooo MAGIX? Anyone hearing?

fr0sty wrote on 10/16/2018, 3:35 PM

Crying about your bugs does nothing to fix them. Magix can read this post all day, but without knowing exactly what circumstances are creating your bug so they can recreate it on their end, there is nothing they can do to fix it. Point the bugs out, in detail, and you'll be surprised at how fast the community and dev team can help you get through them. We need to know your system specs, what type of media you are using, maybe provide a video of the crash happening... or in extreme cases, the media and project file so we can open it on our machines.

First thing I'd recommend without knowing any specifics of your case, see if you have an integrated GPU.. sometimes disabling that in your bios settings helps.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

Fiola wrote on 10/22/2018, 8:58 AM

As long as Vegas keeps my business running as it has been for more years than I care to count, I'll stick around. As of now, though I have experienced a few bugs that they're usually quick to address if the forum members don't squash it first, it is working just fine for me.

Yeah. I am depending on Vegas to keeping my business running as well. Good it's working for you. But it's not working for me for several months now. I am paying for Vegas here too. Updating to each newest version. But right now, I am experiencing the crashes on all of my computers with different drivers, CPU's, GPU's and codecs... I really can't tell why do you think I am bashing here on the phorums for no reason, but I am trying to reach out to express fundamental problem - which is usage of the software in the first place.

I tried to be helpful. I posted here many videos, bug reports, file descriptions for many months now... but I think it's like talking to the void here.

There's no information about addressing the performance or crashing issues we all have. No date for upcoming patch. No roadmap. No news for several weeks. I don't know about you, but I would love to enjoy running my business with software, which will not crash every few minutes. I am really sorry that I tried to explain my motives. I am still on side with Magix.

But oh my god the silence is such irritating.

Kinvermark wrote on 10/22/2018, 11:44 AM

You keep making the same incorrect assumption - that YOUR issues are the same for everybody or at least a lot of people.

Your best option for dealing with crashes is 1) Ask MAGIX tech support for help, or 2) Post the details as explained in Nick Hope's FAQ & Troubleshooting guides.

If neither of those options help, then there is nothing further that can be done here and your continual posting does become pointless complaining.

MikeyDH wrote on 10/22/2018, 1:50 PM

What is the difference between Vegas Pro Edit and Vegas Pro?