VEGAS Pro 16 Update 1 (build 261) - General Discussion

Comments

Marco. wrote on 10/22/2018, 1:52 PM

Vegas Pro is with and Vegas Pro Edit without a DVD Architect license.

Marcin wrote on 10/22/2018, 3:11 PM

GUI in VP16 became slow as a hell in comparison with VP15. Just moving the events take huge amount of time...

I think they will fix this error in two or three years, Vegas is probably no have future. I think it's time to change the software...😂

Kinvermark wrote on 10/22/2018, 3:20 PM

Close your project media window. Help? (Known UI bug introduced in V16; will be fixed soon I guess.)

VEGASDerek wrote on 10/22/2018, 4:04 PM

(Known UI bug introduced in V16; will be fixed soon I guess.)

Yes...in fact, getting this issue fixed is one of our biggest areas of focus for the upcoming update.

gary-rebholz wrote on 10/22/2018, 4:17 PM

The "upcoming update" will be in the next weeks--well before two or three years.

Kinvermark wrote on 10/22/2018, 5:19 PM

Too many comments on this forum are falling into the category of ridiculous, misleading, inaccurate smears. The comments aren't funny, and have the potential to damage Magix reputation and reduce Vegas sales.

pawel-w wrote on 10/23/2018, 9:54 AM

With great regret I am finishing the last project in VEGAS PRO, I have to change the software. In Davinic Resolve Studio, preview is beautiful, there is no problem with the Smart Resample (optical flow), timeline works as it should, and FUSION is there. About the price and updating, not to mention. Vegas pro was a great program, unfortunately developers are doing little.

Len Kaufman wrote on 10/23/2018, 10:21 AM

There is a new/strange behavior in Vegas 16. I've been using Vegas since V8. Now, in 16, when I try to drag a clip down onto the timeline, more often than not, the move grabs and highlights multiple clips, but doesn't drag the clip I want to the timeline. I have to repeatedly try to do this before I can get it work.

Is there some new technique to doing this that I'm not aware of? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you.

3POINT wrote on 10/23/2018, 12:26 PM

Probably, you need to clean or buy a new mouse.

Kinvermark wrote on 10/23/2018, 2:51 PM

Regarding OPTICAL FLOW in Resolve.

Having tested this I can say that it is no replacement for Twixtor. It is OK for low background motion shots, but anything tricky (ie not planned and shot at a high frame rate already) will likely suffer from tons of artifacts that you cannot do anything about. Twixtor has a lot of controls that allow you to finesse these problems to get a decent result.

Twixtor is expensive. Maybe MAGIX could use their marketing clout to get us a deal? That would make a nice bundle :)

Coriaman wrote on 10/23/2018, 5:25 PM

When are you going to fix Korean input errors?

Marcin wrote on 10/24/2018, 2:00 AM

VEGAS Pro 16 needs big changes now:

- improve the preview (render in the background)
- repairs Smart Resample
- high quality slow - fast motion (optical flow)
- adding NewBlue Titler Pro 5
- downscaling HD/4K is a DVD (adding Lanczos)

MAGIX please take these notes to heart before it's too late.

MikeyDH wrote on 10/24/2018, 10:41 PM

So my question after reading all of this would be, "Do I upgrade or not?" It seems there are a plethora of issues I can look forward to.

Martin L wrote on 10/25/2018, 1:06 AM

So my question after reading all of this would be, "Do I upgrade or not?" It seems there are a plethora of issues I can look forward to.

I think yes definately upgrade - after the issues have been solved. That remains to be seen but could be in a couple of weeks, according to Gary (above).

NickHope wrote on 10/25/2018, 1:43 AM

@MikeyDH Start a trial when update 2 comes out. Then see if Black Friday/Cyber Monday (November 23-26) brings the usual (modest) discount.

Soundivad wrote on 10/25/2018, 2:40 AM

Magix has to change its attidude, it's not accetable for a "professional" software, in this price range, to be still that buggy two month after release, all the great new features do not work well or aren't usable at all: new stabilsation, storyboard ecc.
the slow gui is making that all even more tediuos... in this state the software should have never been released...

Magix should have longer product cycles and take more care of its customers and software, and not pushing out buggy new versions every year just to milk us for our money.

I'am on vegas since the sony days, once it was a great software, now i'am just loosing the pleasure to make videos, 'cause there's always something to throw and hold you back.

just sad...

Marcin wrote on 10/25/2018, 8:21 AM

Magix has to change its attidude, it's not accetable for a "professional" software, in this price range, to be still that buggy two month after release, all the great new features do not work well or aren't usable at all: new stabilsation, storyboard ecc.
the slow gui is making that all even more tediuos... in this state the software should have never been released...

Magix should have longer product cycles and take more care of its customers and software, and not pushing out buggy new versions every year just to milk us for our money.

I'am on vegas since the sony days, once it was a great software, now i'am just loosing the pleasure to make videos, 'cause there's always something to throw and hold you back.

just sad...

Recall how Vegas Pro 11 came out, a professional program on a par with Edius, Premiere and Avid. The program was developing, everyone wanted Vegas.

gary-rebholz wrote on 10/25/2018, 9:01 AM

I understand some of you are very frustrated, and I'm sorry. These changes take time, but hopefully we've proven that we're working very hard to make VEGAS the best it can be. We've certainly proven that we're human and we make mistakes.

So the real question is, can you tolerate where VEGAS is today? If the answer is no, I'm sincerely sorry, but I understand if you have to move to a different platform. You have businesses to run, and your tools have to work for you.

Well, if you must move on, then move on and please accept my apologies and heart-felt good luck wishes to you. I hope that eventually we can bring you back. It makes little difference how much you complain here or how much you insult me or my great team of developers. It's not as if when you finally find the right insult or the right threat that we'll suddenly wake up and change our evil, lazy, greedy ways.

Whatever you think of me or my team, we are professionals. We are working our butts off every single day to give you what you want and need.

Now, for those of you who are having troubles and are frustrated, but still believe that the team and I will come through for you, thank you so much for your support and faith. I invite you to continue to report your problems here. And if you're frustrated and express that frustration here, you have my promise that we are listening and trying to make things right for you. The more you can include details of your problems here the more our great (independent by the way) moderators and the VEGAS team can help you.

I'm on the verge of asking to have this thread closed down because it is devolving into the kind of nonsense that finally pushes me to the point of feeling that yet another post like this is necessary. Perhaps we could all proceed as professionals and actually get back to helping one another again.

It's a thought...

VEGAS Pro 16 update #3 is coming. It has a ton of fixes and some new stuff too. We hope it will solve your specific problems. It directly addresses the timeline slowdown you've been experiencing as a result of our initial storyboarding implementation (the issues that's prompted the advice to close the Project Media window since initial release). We are taking a new approach to updating the storyboard when you make timeline edits. Basically we will put the decision of when to update the storyboard into your hands, giving you greater flexibility to use the tool as you like.

If you never use the storyboard, you'll never need to update it, and it will no longer adversely affect the speed of editing on the timeline. It puts the power completely in your hands. I think this is a much better approach which I wish I had thought of in the first place. But it's a case that hopefully shows that we do listen to what you say here and we do try to improve things based on the feedback you give us.

Marcin wrote on 10/25/2018, 10:52 AM

Thank you for the answer, I am sorry if I offend someone, we will wait for the update.

AmazingM wrote on 10/26/2018, 3:20 AM

Hey Gary, well worded. Like may users on (and off) this forum who have been using Vegas for a very long time (I started using Vegas when it was just audio software) most of us do appreciate what you and your team are doing. Sure I have had a few minor issues (nothing major) and also wondered why time was spent on some new (not so useful workflow) features (mainly from the Sony days) when that time could of been spent in fixing important issues, anyway I still really enjoy working with Vegas especially lately as I personally have felt a big improvement in the software from version 15 upward. Keep up the great work team Vegas. Oh while I am at it... a request... to really help ones workflow can you kindly look into adding a feature in Vegas of giving us a range of different coloured timeline markers......yeah baby....

Thanks

Lee

Windows 10Pro 64bit
Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

Ram  32GB

GPU  Nvidia RTX 2060 Super 8GB GDDR6
Driver 546.33

Motherboard  AsRock Z590 Extreme

Martin L wrote on 10/26/2018, 4:41 AM

VEGAS Pro 16 update #3 is coming. It has a ton of fixes and some new stuff too.

I can't wait. Any prediction on when #3 is coming? Still a couple of weeks? Don't release it too quick though. It's better if it's solid. Keep up the good work. I look forward to a solid working VP16 but the issues so far haven't ruined my business. I keep working with VP15.

vkmast wrote on 10/26/2018, 5:24 AM

I guess update 2 should the next one. Build 261 was "update 1".

Andreas wrote on 10/26/2018, 5:30 AM

Hmmm... interesting problem when I select storyboard, event problem dissapear?

Dexcon wrote on 10/26/2018, 7:02 AM

@gary-rebholz … Thank you for the update. While I am experiencing sluggish timeline performance with AVCHD in VP16 (much more pronounced than in VP15) - and I don't even use the new storyboard function - I do really like the motion tracking function for titles.

I'm looking forward to the next VP16 update.

Cheers

EDIT: Closing the Project Media window has resolved the timeline sluggishness - yay!

Last changed by Dexcon on 10/26/2018, 8:57 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor