VEGAS Movie Studio 14 out now!

Comments

PaintballTwin wrote on 2/22/2017, 4:18 PM

What happened to the offer this fall to buy 13 and get 14 for free? I'm not seeing any redemption anything to indicate there is any way for me to get this thing for free as the press and offers stated.

HarlequinReaper wrote on 2/22/2017, 4:43 PM

Hi, for those of us who bought the 13 promotion back in Sept that included a free upgrade to 14, will those codes be sent out separately?

degimedia wrote on 2/22/2017, 10:19 PM

Slowly downloading the trial now. Am also waiting for my SN from the promo. Maybe the 13 keys will work with 14?

Jones wrote on 2/23/2017, 2:44 AM

Great News. New version means new features. New features means more 'Awesomeness" 😀😀😀😀😀

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 2/23/2017, 5:50 AM

@degimedia and @PaintballTwin regarding the VMS 13 +14 offer, one of our employees answered here.

Best regards,
Mathias

robbif2 wrote on 2/23/2017, 2:03 PM

I downloaded and installed the suite upgrade on 2/22/17 and my initial response is BRAVO!
I own ver 11 and ver 13. Both were installed, but I never used 13 with its "Fisher-Price" GUI and have happily used 11 for years. Apparently Magix listened!
As I'm writing this, my Vegas Pro buddy saw the Magix tutorial on multicam and confirmed it's the same thing on his Pro version, and confirmed that alone was worth the price. And the upgrade suite with all those additional apps, all for $79.99 is crazy good!
I had problems with 3 of the additional apps and have submitted a detailed description via the support email and awaiting an response. Details later.
P.S. Any news about an audio sync plugin like "plural eyes" (which works with Pro) going to be available someday?

Cornico wrote on 2/23/2017, 2:13 PM

As I'm writing this, my Vegas Pro buddy saw the Magix tutorial on multicam and confirmed it's the same thing on his Pro version, .

It liked to be the same. the Studio version has a limit of total 4 tracks (video or/and audio) for a multitrack.

robbif2 wrote on 2/23/2017, 2:17 PM

As I'm writing this, my Vegas Pro buddy saw the Magix tutorial on multicam and confirmed it's the same thing on his Pro version, .

It liked to be the same. the Studio version has a limit of total 4 tracks (video or/and audio) for a multitrack.

That'll be OK for 98% of my work: 2 Canon HDs and one GoPro.

degimedia wrote on 2/23/2017, 9:24 PM

any news on the upgrade promo? still waiting for an email or key.

pjfarr wrote on 2/24/2017, 11:24 AM

I've been trying out the new Movie Studio Platinum 14 and have found some glitches:

• The Expand Track Layers option is missing. In previous versions I right-clicked on a video track header and the Expand Track Layers option would appear in the context menu. It's not there anymore and I can't find it anywhere else, although it's still referred to in the help file.
  • Can't change the time display text colors even though the option is there. I tried to change the text color to blue and background color to black but after exiting the dialog the colors remain the same as before.
  • Use vertical meters/Show output meters options not working. Right-clicking on a VU meter on an audio track gives the option to hide the meter or reorient it horizontally but the checkboxes can't be unchecked.
  • Use Vegas color scheme option missing from Preferences/Display tab, although it's referred to in the help file. I prefer the lighter Windows theme but can't change it because the option isn't there.

Other than that, I like the new version 14 so far. I forwarded this info to support.

robbif2 wrote on 2/24/2017, 1:05 PM

I haven't heard back from support yet, and I understand it's only been 2 business days.
But I thought I'd pass along my issues sofar, all of which have to do with installation and setup...

2-22-17

via https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/request

I just installed today's Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Suite 14.
Since there is not yet an option for this product, I selected this support option.

1. As soon as I started Vegas Movie, a pop-up informed me of an update.
I downloaded VEGAS_Movie_Studio_14.0.0.105_Platinum_INT_Retail_x64_Update1.exe
When I ran it the message said Version 1.0 is already installed.
Did my download of the Suite installer include that update or did I not receive
the latest update?

2. Both SonicfirePro6 and Installation Manager gave the following error...
"The progarm can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."
I tried reinstalling both from the installer exe's in the provided folder,
and also tried Windows uninstall "repair" option, then uninstalled and reinstalled,
but the problem still exists.

3. In trying to activate the HitFilm Toolpack, I was prompted for a login and password.
to CREATE an account. When I tried to create it, I was told that account is already in use.
I do not have a HitFilm account as far as I know.
So then I tried to LOGIN with my Magix account that same as I used to successfully
login to send this message. I was told the login or password are not correct.

Marco. wrote on 2/24/2017, 1:13 PM

To # 1

This update pop-up should be ignored. What's you've installed is build 105 and this is the latest build available.

robbif2 wrote on 2/24/2017, 1:24 PM

Under Options/Preferences/General/GPU acceleration of video processing, I checked the box and it recognized my graphics card, NVIDIA Corporation (GE Force GTX 560 Ti). From then on the Video Preview window was black, until I unchecked the GPU acceleration box.
Does that mean my CUDA GPU is not supported? That's a showstopper!

Cornico wrote on 2/24/2017, 1:44 PM

Which driverversion do you use for the NVidia Geforce?

robbif2 wrote on 2/24/2017, 3:23 PM

378.66 2/13/17

And it works fine with Movie Studio ver 11 and 13.

robbif2 wrote on 2/24/2017, 6:12 PM

Is https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/request the correct place for tech support?
If not, what is the correct link?
In either case, when will a menu item be added for this product?
Thanks!

NickHope wrote on 2/24/2017, 10:51 PM

378.66 2/13/17

And it works fine with Movie Studio ver 11 and 13.

This driver causes problems in VP14. Seems like it's causing the same problems in VMS14: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/latest-nvidia-drivers-378-66-may-break-preview-window-in-vegas-pro--105688/

Is https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/request the correct place for tech support?
If not, what is the correct link?
In either case, when will a menu item be added for this product?
Thanks!

This FAQ for Vegas Pro also applies to Movie Studio: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-can-i-get-help-and-support-for-vegas-pro--104781/

I reported that there is no link for VMS14. In the meantime I would use the VMS13 links.

zaubermac wrote on 2/25/2017, 1:41 AM

Questions:

1. is there an upgrade price from v. 13 to v. 14 ?

2. are the plug-ins provided in v. 13 (Boris / HitFilm / NBFX ) automatically assigned and still working in v. 14 ?

Thanks

Regards

Roberto

I downloaded the demo for 14 and installed my NewBlue and BCC items from 13, they seem to be working without any issue. I also installed my Hitfilm 4 Express and it seems to hand off to it straight from the timeline and back. You need to install using the same work-arounds as for SMS 13.

Apparently the work Sony put into converting the engine over to OFX was well spent, even if the rest of 13 was a lost cause. Magix has done a great job of making it look and work like a grown-up program again. I will definitely be upgrading to 14 now that I know Hitfilm still works correctly. The bundle that Sony did with HF for SMS 12 was in my mind the most useful and creative package in the consumer video market. Sad to me that Sony dropped the ball on that going forward. Hopefully Magix will help HF Express be a tool available to VMS 14 users the same as they support HF Pro on Vegas Pro!

(I actually contacted Hitfilm tech about this as well, unofficial response is they're interested too...somebody please call somebody's people...!)

Thanks,

Christopher

Roberto65 wrote on 2/25/2017, 1:46 AM

Questions:

1. is there an upgrade price from v. 13 to v. 14 ?

2. are the plug-ins provided in v. 13 (Boris / HitFilm / NBFX ) automatically assigned and still working in v. 14 ?

Thanks

Regards

Roberto

I downloaded the demo for 14 and installed my NewBlue and BCC items from 13, they seem to be working without any issue. I also installed my Hitfilm 4 Express and it seems to hand off to it straight from the timeline and back. You need to install using the same work-arounds as for SMS 13.

Apparently the work Sony put into converting the engine over to OFX was well spent, even if the rest of 13 was a lost cause. Magix has done a great job of making it look and work like a grown-up program again. I will definitely be upgrading to 14 now that I know Hitfilm still works correctly. The bundle that Sony did with HF for SMS 12 was in my mind the most useful and creative package in the consumer video market. Sad to me that Sony dropped the ball on that going forward. Hopefully Magix will help HF Express be a tool available to VMS 14 users the same as they support HF Pro on Vegas Pro!

(I actually contacted Hitfilm tech about this as well, unofficial response is they're interested too...somebody please call somebody's people...!)

Thanks,

Christopher

Thanks a lot! :-)

degimedia wrote on 2/25/2017, 10:39 AM

is there some reason those who paid for 13 with the upugrade promo havn't received their new license keys at this point?

east wrote on 2/25/2017, 11:27 PM

What are differences between VEGAS Movie Studio 14 and Magix Vegas Pro 14 ?

michael-zander wrote on 2/26/2017, 5:01 PM

Nobody can seem to provide me a straightforward answer to this question, but was the "disable resample" feature removed from Movie Studio and made a Pro-exclusive feature? If so, why, and are there plans to patch it back in to Movie Studio? Either way, this omission is baffling, seeing as this feature was available in Version 11, 12, and 13 of Movie Studio, and probably many more previous versions. If you're editing video of varying framerates or with frame drops (such as game footage), being able to disable resample is absolutely critical to removing ghosting from the final render and getting the best quality output.

Markk655 wrote on 2/26/2017, 8:17 PM

Nobody can seem to provide me a straightforward answer to this question, but was the "disable resample" feature removed from Movie Studio and made a Pro-exclusive feature? If so, why, and are there plans to patch it back in to Movie Studio? Either way, this omission is baffling, seeing as this feature was available in Version 11, 12, and 13 of Movie Studio, and probably many more previous versions. If you're editing video of varying framerates or with frame drops (such as game footage), being able to disable resample is absolutely critical to removing ghosting from the final render and getting the best quality output.

I agree! I'm hoping that the moved it for the pro version, kept the switch menu the same as they did for pro, but forgot to add it in for Movie Studio. I'm hoping they fix that in the next update.

m2016 wrote on 2/27/2017, 7:25 AM

What are differences between VEGAS Movie Studio 14 and Magix Vegas Pro 14 ?

Did you check your spam folder?