VEGAS Movie Studio 14 out now!

Comments

VEGAS_EricD wrote on 2/27/2017, 9:55 AM

For NVIDIA Maxwell-based GPUs (such as the GeForce GTX 750 and GTX 970) - GeForce 337.88 or Quadro/Tesla 341.05 (an R340 driver) or older is required.

gary-rebholz wrote on 2/27/2017, 10:38 AM

Nobody can seem to provide me a straightforward answer to this question, but was the "disable resample" feature removed from Movie Studio

We will make sure video resampling works again in the next update to VMS 14. Sorry about that...

Ted11 wrote on 2/27/2017, 12:11 PM

It seems that Magix's first offering of Movie Studio is a pig in a poke, New Blue Titler pro express is an inferior version of New Blue Titler EX which doesn't work with Movie Studio 14. Thank You Magix but I think that I will go back to Movie Studio 13.

3POINT wrote on 2/27/2017, 12:24 PM

Nobody can seem to provide me a straightforward answer to this question, but was the "disable resample" feature removed from Movie Studio

We will make sure video resampling works again in the next update to VMS 14. Sorry about that...

Gary, I wish the video resampling configuration the same as it is now in Vpro14!!!

gary-rebholz wrote on 2/27/2017, 12:30 PM

Gary, I wish the video resampling configuration the same as it is now in Vpro14!!!

That is a pro-only feature.

3POINT wrote on 2/27/2017, 1:09 PM

Gary, I don't understand why? In VegasPro and in Vegas Moviestudio, resampling configuration was always equal. Just the way to apply it differs now, since the release of Vpro14, which really makes more sense.

michael-zander wrote on 2/27/2017, 1:57 PM

Gary, I don't understand why? In VegasPro and in Vegas Moviestudio, resampling configuration was always equal. Just the way to apply it differs now, since the release of Vpro14, which really makes more sense.

Gary, thank you for the response, but I agree with what 3Point is saying 100%. Why should I have to pay hundreds of extra dollars for the Pro version to use a feature that's been standard to Movie Studio for over a decade? If we're not allowed to change the setting anymore, couldn't the resample feature at least default to disabled? Thank you.

gary-rebholz wrote on 2/27/2017, 3:26 PM

If we're not allowed to change the setting anymore, couldn't the resample feature at least default to disabled?

You are not able to change it in the release version of VMS 14. As I said, this problem will be fixed in an update. Once it is fixed you will have the exact functionality you have in VMS 13.

I don't understand why? In VegasPro and in Vegas Moviestudio, resampling configuration was always equal.

I am not swayed by the argument that we're somehow not allowed to have more professional functionality in the more professional (and more expensive) product. Just because the feature shared parity in the past doesn't mean we can't provide our pro users with more robust functionality. I don't even understand your argument. Your feature (once we fix the problem) will be no less than it was before.

michael-zander wrote on 2/27/2017, 4:41 PM

If we're not allowed to change the setting anymore, couldn't the resample feature at least default to disabled?

You are not able to change it in the release version of VMS 14. As I said, this problem will be fixed in an update. Once it is fixed you will have the exact functionality you have in VMS 13.

I don't understand why? In VegasPro and in Vegas Moviestudio, resampling configuration was always equal.

I am not swayed by the argument that we're somehow not allowed to have more professional functionality in the more professional (and more expensive) product. Just because the feature shared parity in the past doesn't mean we can't provide our pro users with more robust functionality. I don't even understand your argument. Your feature (once we fix the problem) will be no less than it was before.

I apologize, Gary. It seems I misunderstood what was said earlier. When you said it had become a Pro-exclusive feature, I thought you meant that the ability to select individual clips and disable manually, as was possible in VMS 13 and before, had become Pro-exclusive. What 3Point was referring to was the ability to set a global resample setting in the Project Properties, which is the new feature introduced in Vegas Pro 14 (as I understand it). If resample will function the same way it did in VMS 13, then I will be satisfied. Thank you very much for addressing this issue.

tim-turben wrote on 2/27/2017, 10:46 PM

When can we expect this update? I have been holding off purchasing the software until this has been fixed.

3POINT wrote on 2/28/2017, 2:41 AM

Ofcourse it is Gary's decision how to implement features in VegasPro and how in Moviestudio, it's not my intention to criticize that. I'm not asking for the same (pro)features in Moviestudio as in Vegaspro.

In VegasPro14 it's a new (pro)feature that it is possible to set the resample modus project wide, besides the possibility to set it, like in Moviestudio, also on event basis. For me it is indeed a pro feature to have the ability to apply it on event basis or on project basis, like it is in Vegaspro now. For Moviestudio, the feature to set it in a simple way project wide only, would do.

EricLNZ wrote on 2/28/2017, 4:43 AM

Ofcourse it is Gary's decision how to implement features in VegasPro and how in Moviestudio, it's not my intention to criticize that. I'm not asking for the same (pro)features in Moviestudio as in Vegaspro.

In VegasPro14 it's a new (pro)feature that it is possible to set the resample modus project wide, besides the possibility to set it, like in Moviestudio, also on event basis. For me it is indeed a pro feature to have the ability to apply it on event basis or on project basis, like it is in Vegaspro now. For Moviestudio, the feature to set it in a simple way project wide only, would do.

But there might be occasions when you don't want the same resampling option for all clips. Personally I prefer that it's left how it is in MS13 but with the bugs that occur with disable resampling fixed.

3POINT wrote on 2/28/2017, 5:43 AM

But there might be occasions when you don't want the same resampling option for all clips.

For me this occasion would be a pro feature. I really don't mind when it is left that way as it was before. It was just a suggestion to make Moviestudio more userfriendly.

leroi wrote on 3/4/2017, 9:42 PM

Have been trying out the trial of ver 14. The output/render/save to computer seem to be missing a lot of 1080p options - they're all 1080i or else lower resolutions that have progressive. What's with that?

Cornico wrote on 3/5/2017, 3:43 AM

All templates and options are customizable.

vkmast wrote on 3/5/2017, 4:21 AM

Can someone confirm that, in addition to some other (now) useful options like "Vegas color scheme", the "Expand track layers" option has been dropped from MVMSP 14 as mentioned here?

VEGASDerek wrote on 3/5/2017, 6:49 AM

Yes. Both of those options have been removed. I personally cannot give the reasons from the removal of the second item, but the first was due to a current limitation of the new interface.

vkmast wrote on 3/5/2017, 8:53 AM

Thank you. I hope ETL will be included again in a future update of v.14. I also hope that "a few different options for the interface color/brightness" will be accommodated in v. 14.5 or 15 of MVMSP as well.

wudman wrote on 3/6/2017, 9:21 AM

So far this transition to VMSP 14 has landed way below my expectations, especially given I paid in advance and waited for a promise of something better. Right now it appears NewBlue FX was some kind of tease because after several uninstalls and re-installs, all I get is a NewBlue Manager that seems to suggest I have to pay for everything.

Now depending on how you read the site, that is compare the "What is Included" page with the product comparison, it seems to suggest NewBlue isn't included. But I have a link and a licenses, so what is a Citizen supposed to think?

FYI, this is mostly, if not on Magix with the fail process when it came to letting people who bought months ago.

leroi wrote on 3/7/2017, 4:37 PM

All templates and options are customizable.

That's good to know. Thanks. But I don't think anyone - especially newbies - should need to go in and edit options or templates to get something like a standard 1080p 30fps, for example. :/

Cornico wrote on 3/7/2017, 5:23 PM

You are wright, it is also my concern and therefor I asked a while ago twice to make also the program for beginners a little bit more (PAL) friendly.

tomasz-obarski wrote on 3/8/2017, 1:31 PM

Hi.

What is mayor difference between Vegas Pro and Vegas Studio? If I buy Vegas Pro 14 will I get all Vegas Studio stuff? Like: Music Maker, SmartSound® Sonicfire® Pro 6, etc...

Thank for help.

vkmast wrote on 3/8/2017, 1:43 PM

See the product pages and comparison tables clicking e.g. here

tomasz-obarski wrote on 3/8/2017, 1:55 PM

It's not an answer to my question.