VEGAS Movie Studio 14 out now!

Comments

Cornico wrote on 3/8/2017, 2:20 PM

The answer is no

PoV wrote on 3/22/2017, 12:01 AM

I'm still waiting to hear about the upgrade offer for prior owners. The upgrade link still only lets you "buy" version 13. :(

leroi wrote on 3/22/2017, 12:22 AM

Yeah, regular day-to-day people are being offered Movie Studio 14 at the same price as my upgrade "offers". Meanwhile, Magix Movie Edit Pro includes some NewBlueFX, yet Movie Studio 14 Platinum does not, despite marketing suggesting that it does (filters/FX are in Suite but not in Platinum). :/

Slipslack wrote on 3/22/2017, 7:02 AM

Is there any news yet on what happens with Steam users of Movie Studio Platinum 13 ?

Maybe by the time v15 rolls around there will be an upgrade offer. Or we'll just be left behind and version 13 of the program will continue to be sold on Steam. I really like this program and would certainly appreciate some clarity.

Steam users DO NOT HAVE A SERIAL. So those upgrade pages ( https://support2.magix.com/customer/vegas/upgrade ) do not help as of yet.

Any information regarding Movie Studio Platinum and Steam would be appreciated.

wudman wrote on 3/22/2017, 10:18 AM

Why I will never buy another MAGIX product ever is how they basically screw the customers that make the early commitments. Current offer I get in email is that for $49 you get the "Suite" which includes Vasco da Gamma and an apparently better version of NEWBLUEFX. As one who pre-bought MS14Platinum early and was "rewarded" with access to MS 13 Platinum, I'd thought MAGIX would at least offer us a path to upgrade for the additional add ons.
No says their customer service, you can spend $79 and get that deal. I don't marketing, pricing, lack of path to upgrade short of buying a full program.
It isn't even as if MS14Platinum was some spectacular upgrade from the Sony Vegas programs I "upgraded" from.
Don't bother contacting MAGIXs directly either, they don't appreciate the art of building customer loyalty, just the next sale.

ArmorEngineer wrote on 4/10/2017, 5:45 PM

It seems that Magix's first offering of Movie Studio is a pig in a poke, New Blue Titler pro express is an inferior version of New Blue Titler EX which doesn't work with Movie Studio 14. Thank You Magix but I think that I will go back to Movie Studio 13.

I've been searching for useful info on "NewBlueFX Express" which is apparently what comes with Vegas MS Suite 14. Trying to justify paying more for Suite than Platinum and your comment is the only thing that gives me hint. I am interested in a decent Titler plugin but if NB Titler Express isn't going to cut it then forget the Suite version. Cannot seem to find any hits on exactly what the NB Titler Express does. Great job on hiding those details Magix! Hmm, I wonder how Premiere stacks up?

robbif2 wrote on 4/10/2017, 6:26 PM

I have a different view, only because I haven't needed the titler even back in v13; so I sympathize with those who are upset about this valid issue. I'm lucky to have a somewhat brighter view. The Soundfire Pro that comes with the suite alone is worth $200. But my main concern is: Getting the bugs and crashes out of the V14 executable itself. I'm still in production with v11. Here's hoping for all of us!

tim-turben wrote on 4/12/2017, 4:04 PM

Update. Please. Resampling?

tim-turben wrote on 4/18/2017, 12:26 AM

I found a way to trick the resample in case anyone is wondering.
Right click the clip and select properties.

Lower the undersample rate and then raise it back up again.

Stanjez wrote on 4/25/2017, 12:09 AM

Hi. When is a patch likely for Movie Studio 14 Platinum to overcome the "Desktop\00127.MTS could not be opened.  The file contains an unsupported number of channels (6)." bug.

All my video works starts with my MTS files and they just don't work. I know there is a workaround, but it's disappointing to have purchased this product only to find that I'm going to have to go back to my previous software.

Many thanks.

Cornico wrote on 4/25/2017, 12:49 AM

See this last part

EricLNZ wrote on 4/25/2017, 2:37 AM

Well it's now the last week in April so presumably it should be released this week. I'm still amazed that it was released with so many easily spotted bugs.

Dr Zen wrote on 4/25/2017, 2:57 AM

Well it's now the last week in April so presumably it should be released this week. I'm still amazed that it was released with so many easily spotted bugs.

My thoughts exactly.
I bought a few Magix products like Music Maker Premium and Movie Edit Pro, and have noticed that very regular build updates get released for most Magix software, except for Vegas Movie Studio. Maybe something else is going on that we have no knowledge about. Faster build releases to address simple problems, would boost confidence in the community. My patience is just about at an end and I hate that I am feeling this way.

NickHope wrote on 4/25/2017, 4:29 AM

...Maybe something else is going on that we have no knowledge about...

Well, the development teams are on different continents and, until last year, had totally different corporate backgrounds. I just think the Madison (Vegas) development team has a lot on its plate since the takeover. Apart from fixing/updating VMS, VP and DVDA, they have to find the resources to develop meaningful future upgrades and test/document them. There are not that many of them for all that work, although of course they may also be out-sourcing.

EricLNZ wrote on 4/25/2017, 5:07 AM

I recall reading a few weeks ago something to the effect that the patch was ready but waiting for management to release.

VEGASDerek wrote on 4/25/2017, 7:30 AM

We are currently in the final phases of testing the update. We believe we are still on target to have the update ready before the end of the month unless a critical bug is discovered.

vkmast wrote on 4/25/2017, 8:20 AM

Thanks to the dev team member above for keeping us posted. As a long-time user I am as disappointed as anybody else, though these bugs do not mean so much personally. I am not able to use MVMSP 14 anyway due to it not having "different options for the interface color/brightness", so I'll need to wait if a later version will have those options "to accommodate the interface needs." I also expect a working upgrade pricing system to be implemented. (The term as with SCS: "upgrade pricing is available to you as an owner of previous versions of the application.")

gary-rebholz wrote on 4/25/2017, 9:52 AM

the Madison (Vegas) development team has a lot on its plate since the takeover

Thanks for that @Nick. If I had said it, it would sound like I'm making excuses. But as long as you've said it, let me elaborate for everyone...

There has been a huge amount of work for us to rebrand not only the VEGAS line, but all of the newly acquired products. In addition, we've had to restore the Steam pipeline. And all of this requires localization in all of the different supported languages. "A lot on its plate.." is an understatement, and I'm quite proud of all this small team of developers and testers has accomplished. Remember, it's not even been a full year yet! And in the midst of all they've accomplished, we had to set up a temporary office, find a permanent space, and move into that, and incorporate our work into a completely different corporate structure whose working day is seven hours apart from ours and whose team members speak a different language! Oh, and don't forget that we've already released two major product line upgrades and of course are, as Nick says, working hard on what he calls, "meaningful future upgrades."

This is why at times I may have shown a bit of a short fuse with some of the comments on the forum that have accused us of various unsavory things (like just caring only to take users' money). I stand by the team--they are doing an amazing job. Please just remember that those "easily spotted bugs" and issues do not stand in isolation...there is always more to it than it must appear to you from the outside.

Again, I understand your frustrations, and I apologize for mistakes I've made to heighten those. This team is dedicated to making VEGAS the best product in the market. No one has ever asked me, "how can we just get more money out of them?" That doesn't enter their thinking. All they care about is giving you a product that everyone can be proud of.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it helps you to understand a bit of why we are where we are. We are on track to release the next VMS update. Barring any show-stopping problems discovered in this last round of testing, we'll get it into your hands soon. And finally, even when your frustration shows a little more strongly than maybe you'd intended it to, all of us sincerely appreciate your passion, patience, and trust. As amazing as I think our developers are, you guys are equally amazing! I'll keep doing my best to live up to both groups...

set wrote on 4/25/2017, 10:31 AM

Thank you to all team behind VEGAS application. Appreciate all the hard work 🙂.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

Dr Zen wrote on 4/26/2017, 2:43 AM

Thank you to all team behind VEGAS application. Appreciate all the hard work 🙂.

I would like to 2nd Set's comment.
Also thank you to Gary for your in-depth reply - I do appreciate your commitment to developing VEGAS and am very grateful that you have captained the Vegas ship into safe waters. I hope and pray that higher up management at Magix is giving you the resources you need to make the job a little easier.
Peace :)

SullyPanda76cl wrote on 6/25/2017, 11:25 PM

Is it possible to create one page for feature comparison across all products?

Still confused about the differences between VP and VMS...

SullyPanda76cl wrote on 6/25/2017, 11:41 PM

See the product pages and comparison tables clicking e.g. here

Thanks, but this page only compare different flavors of VP, and then compares different flavors of VMS.... Doesn't compare VP vs VMS....

vkmast wrote on 6/26/2017, 12:30 AM

If you are not able to compare them side by side like this

there is an article e.g. here http://geekazine.com/podcast/movie-studio-14-vs-vegas-pro-14-from-magix-a-comparison/ (Note that the "four tracks" mention in the section on MVMSP14 means only default layout tracks, you can add tracks up to 200/200 as the table shows. And the color scheme reference there is for MSP, not Pro, with reservations re the light blue buttons.)