VEGAS Movie Studio 14 out now!

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 2/21/2017, 2:11 AM

Dear community,

Today, we are happy to announce a new version of the VEGAS Movie Studio family of products is available for the first time in three years. The software offers exciting new features and improvements, which were developed based on direct customer feedback.     

What’s new?

• A new, modern user interface:
    • A cleaner, clearer design offers a clutter-free interface that makes the software quick to learn and easy to use.

• Multicam Editing
    • Combine up to four separate cameras into one timeline event to make multicam editing a breeze. Play your project, and any time you want a different camera angle, switch from one camera to another in real time with a click of the mouse.

• Support for Hi-DPI Monitors
    • Take advantage of all the clarity and precision offered in today’s Hi-DPI monitors. As you upgrade your technology, VEGAS Movie Studio automatically adapts to the new environment.

• Hover Scrub
    • The new hover scrub feature in the Trimmer window speeds the editing process. Scrub to find the perfect section of a clip, then drag and drop it to the perfect place in the timeline.

• Vignette video effect
    • Add a timeless, classic look to your video. Create a border with a soft fade into the background that adds a touch of romance and mystery. The perfect effect for a special occasion like a wedding, anniversary, or holiday moment.

• Special partners bring even more editing power
    • The Platinum and Suite editions come bundled with specially selected plug-ins from industry-leading partners NewBlueFX, HitFilm, MAGIX and SmartSound.
      • NewBlueFX: a powerful set of video effects and transitions
      • MAGIX: Music Maker software from MAGIX provides sophisticated, yet easy-to-use tools to create custom music tracks for your videos
      • HitFilm Tool Pack: Stunning Hollywood-style special effects
      • SmartSound SonicFire Pro: the fastest way to automatically create a customized music track that fits perfectly with your video

The following VEGAS Movie Studio products are now available online and in stores worldwide.

We hope that you are as excited as we are and can't wait to explore the improvements in your future VMS projects!

Best regards,
Mathias
Community Manager

Comments

Cornico wrote on 2/21/2017, 3:02 AM

Matthias, are there any limitations in the trial version?

glovercover wrote on 2/21/2017, 5:00 AM

Good news! thank you!

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 2/21/2017, 8:04 AM

Hi Cornico,

there are no limitations in the trial version.

crofter wrote on 2/21/2017, 8:31 AM

Will there be an upgrade discount for users of previous versions,Ta.

Sirio wrote on 2/21/2017, 11:11 AM

Hi

It could be nice if one day Vegas pro and Vegas Movie Studio can exchange their projects.

gary-rebholz wrote on 2/21/2017, 11:20 AM

Hi

It could be nice if one day Vegas pro and Vegas Movie Studio can exchange their projects.

Thanks Sirio. It is possible to open your VMS projects in VP, but as point out, you can't go the other way. There are just too many features in VP that are not supported in VMS, so there would be no logical way to bring a VEGAS Pro project over to VEGAS Movie Studio and preserve all of the work you did in VP.

kzheludkov wrote on 2/21/2017, 11:31 AM

Is it possible to create one page for feature comparison across all products?

Cornico wrote on 2/21/2017, 12:14 PM

Hi

You could try Versionfaker from member FocusonVegas

Sirio wrote on 2/21/2017, 12:23 PM

Hi

You could try Versionfaker from member FocusonVegas

Thank you I will try it out. I see that is possible to downgrade the version project too !! Exxxcellent.

3POINT wrote on 2/21/2017, 12:25 PM

How do I recognize that the new improved RAM preview is active?

Roberto65 wrote on 2/21/2017, 1:43 PM

Questions:

1. is there an upgrade price from v. 13 to v. 14 ?

2. are the plug-ins provided in v. 13 (Boris / HitFilm / NBFX ) automatically assigned and still working in v. 14 ?

Thanks

Regards

Roberto

vkmast wrote on 2/21/2017, 3:11 PM

Roberto, 1. I'm sure there will be when they get around to it. 2. Wait for the user reports.

Former user wrote on 2/22/2017, 6:59 AM

And Upgrade version from VMS13?

vkmast wrote on 2/22/2017, 7:15 AM

And Upgrade version from VMS13?

(Upgrade) versions of Vegas Movie Studio 14 product line are available if you go to http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/ and choose your country/area.

The upgrade pricing available to you as an owner of a previous version of the application is yet to be announced. Check https://support2.magix.com/customer/vegas/upgrade and/or look out for special offers announced elsewhere.

Cornico wrote on 2/22/2017, 7:25 AM

@vkmast

Link 1 does not gives me an upgrade price
Link 2 gives me upgrade to version 13

vkmast wrote on 2/22/2017, 8:14 AM

Cornico, link 1 was not meant to give any upgrade price. It points the way to download version 14 of the product. Link 2 was meant to advise masfur about where one will be able to check to find an upgrade offer when it's available. Note that I said, "The upgrade pricing available to you as an owner of a previous version of the application is yet to be announced."

crofter wrote on 2/22/2017, 9:11 AM

When I opened my Vegas movie studio platinum 13 today it flashed up a window with the upgrade deal,$49,I went for it,it cost me in the UK £41.

vkmast wrote on 2/22/2017, 9:36 AM

Good to know. I'm sure MAGIX will get around to offering the special upgrade pricing to the whole user base sooner or later. ATM for me NetNotify keeps pushing the VP14Suite&SFP11 bundle for $399 though. Not a bad deal if you need that sort of thing.

pioneer109 wrote on 2/22/2017, 10:17 AM

Can anybody let me know if I upgrade to ver 14 will it overwrite my previous version please. John

Cornico wrote on 2/22/2017, 10:26 AM

No, its a standalone and it can be used besides older versions

vkmast wrote on 2/22/2017, 10:40 AM

Thanks cornico, for the many early tips on v 14.

pioneer109 wrote on 2/22/2017, 12:16 PM

Have downloaded the trial version of VMSP and program says there is an update, couple of questions (1) do I have to uninstall the program from control panel then run the downloaded update? (2) Is the activation code sent still valid in the new install.  Cheers John

Cornico wrote on 2/22/2017, 12:23 PM

Don't do it.
Read this and special the comment from Marco.

pioneer109 wrote on 2/22/2017, 12:28 PM

Thank you very very  much Cornico that's really a great reply to my question.  I am indebted to you, especially for the speedy reply . John