VEGAS Pro Feature Requests

Comments

weinerschizel wrote on 11/21/2022, 10:48 AM

FEATURE REQUEST: update the layout system so you can override the default layout. Video of what I'm talking about HERE

Richvideo wrote on 11/21/2022, 5:14 PM

A.I. Sky replacement

VegasUser wrote on 11/21/2022, 7:33 PM

Translate:
I would like to propose a change.
In Vegas pro I use "Normal Edit tool cursor" (ctrl+D)
When i want select multiple clips , need to press "D" to change on: "Selection Edit Tool"
Ok and next, I want fade some clips, press 2 times "D" , and next select some others clips (press again 2 times "D") , and next, and next.

80% times when i work on vegas i press "D" on keyboard.

Solution:
Normal Edit Tool - when i want select more clips , the cursor, make the same action, when i press "Envelope Edit Tool" (read - 1 press "D" ... )
so. Normal Edit Tool , and Envelope Edit Tool do this same.
Why Normal Edit tool cursor cant select clips. No need every time press 2 times "D"

V20

relaxvideo wrote on 11/23/2022, 1:29 AM

Biggest feature request: STABILITY!

FayFen wrote on 11/23/2022, 6:12 AM

FEATURE REQUEST: update the layout system so you can override the default layout. Video of what I'm talking about HERE

@weinerschizel in your video you talk about two totally different things, layout and crashes.

I didn't understand (maybe other did) what layout you want VP to have and has not.

Crashes can be from many reasons. I think the layout is hardly one of them.

andyrpsmith wrote on 11/23/2022, 6:36 AM

I think you have some problem with your system or Vegas installation as when I follow your instructions I see the saved layouts and if one of the saved layouts is selected then explore folder takes you to the correct folder where the layouts are saved. I suggest that you configure the layout to what you want and use the view window layouts menu to save your layout (renamed to your liking). It will then be saved to the folder under your username. You can then select this layout at any time via the view window layout menu. If Vegas crashes before saving and normal closure it may not save your settings or window layout, same for having the project show in the last file menu.

weinerschizel wrote on 11/23/2022, 1:14 PM

@weinerschizel in your video you talk about two totally different things, layout and crashes.

I didn't understand (maybe other did) what layout you want VP to have and has not.

Crashes can be from many reasons. I think the layout is hardly one of them.

Layout is a feature request, not a bug. I want the ability to override the default layout / define the default layout it loads with every time. That way, when I have to reload the software I don't have to load my layout every time.

This is an even bigger issue for me as the software crashes so much. I'm constantly reconfiguring the environment as I constantly have to reload the software. If it was stable, I wouldn't have to worry as much. I could just set the layout on each load but my last edit probably software crashed a couple hundred times over around a week of work, each time I had to reload the layout.

Biggest feature request: STABILITY!

I second this! They are not handling exceptions in their code, nor are they controlling resources. My former post. I'd LOVE to talk with a programmer on the team so I could impart this among other things. I may try to reach them through social media / LinkedIn or something.

A.I. Sky replacement

I do this quite frequently with keying. I have some Ignite brand, plugins, and also Vegas has better keying plugins now, including secondary color corrector. You mask out the sky and composite whatever you like below it in it's place. Not sure if that's what you're getting at? Or a more automated approach?

Last changed by weinerschizel on 11/23/2022, 1:20 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Windows 10 Ultimate Editing Machine 10 core i7-6950x CPU / 64gb ram / Radeon 480x GPU / M.2 main drive & 1tb SSD capture scratch drive

My work Real Estate Broker by day HERE / Camera Man for hire HERE / A mountain man otherwise HERE

Reyfox wrote on 11/24/2022, 6:14 AM

@weinerschizel, the layout that I have always is there whenever I start Vegas. As for VP20 crashing all the time, I've not had one crash yet. I have a friend that does corporate videos in Belgium, and he too has said this is the most stable version of Vegas he has used in his short time of using Vegas since VP18. I too use Ignite Pro 5 plugins along with Boris and NBFX.

My feature request (running for a few years now), I am still advocating to have a "padlock" on the track header to lock the entire track.