VEGAS Pro Feature Requests

Comments

jetdv wrote on 1/19/2023, 12:17 PM

@3POINT Here's the DLL file. Just unzip it and put it into [My Documents]\Vegas Script Menu

http://www.jetdv.com/scripts/JETDV%20Render%20DLL.zip

If you want the full source code:

http://www.jetdv.com/scripts/VEGAS-JETDV-Render-Script.zip

3POINT wrote on 1/19/2023, 12:52 PM

@jetdv Need some time to test, first test looks promising...many thanks again Edward...will save me a lot of time.

3POINT wrote on 1/19/2023, 2:54 PM

@jetdv After some testing, I can say your script works perfect. It renders the selected project files in batch in order as selected, a real time saver for me and probably others. Many Thanks again Edward.

Just a small improvement for me would be, if the script remembers the last used rendertemplate and renderlocation.

3POINT wrote on 1/19/2023, 3:02 PM

Next feature request: Could the generated and necessary audio peak files (.sfk) automatically be flagged as "hidden" and therefore not showing up in the mediafolders OR make a dedicated audio peak folder were those audio peak files are stored, like the pre-rendered files folder. Were you can manually decide to delete them when not necessary anymore.

jetdv wrote on 1/19/2023, 3:37 PM

@3POINT As this was just a tutorial to show 1) how to render in various ways and 2) how to use a form to collect information, it's certainly not "fully featured". The form is really not even laid out all that well! And, yes, many additional features could be added.

By default, I'm showing that it's only showing VEG files when selecting the projects to render. As for the output files, the script has nothing to do with files such as the .sfk files. VEGAS creates those automatically and I have no control over the location. Could the script then "look" for the sfk file and mark it as "hidden"? I'm going to say yes but then what if you later deleted the renders but forgot about the "hidden" files? You'd slowly fill up your drive with unwanted .sfk files. And, no, they can't be put in a separate folder or VEGAS would just create them again if you loaded the file to the timeline. All of that is automatic by VEGAS. I suppose the script could look for them and then delete them after the render was complete.

Could we have a way of setting which renderer is the "default" one? Absolutely. Right now it's just showing the "first" one that it finds when reading all renderers. What *is* your default renderer? For example, if you want one of the Magix AVC ones, just type MAGIX AVC in the box before clicking on the dropdown arrow. If you want one of the Magix HEVC ones, just type MAGIX HEVC in the box before clicking on the dropdown arrow.

Yes, I understand that's not exactly what you're asking for. But maybe we can create some new tutorials to add some more features to this script. So we need to come up with a list of practical features that can be added to the existing tutorial version to create more tutorials to add these features. We'll put saving and recalling the "last used" renderer as one of those new features. I do believe this should go in its own separate thread, though, if you want to come up with a list of features to add to the existing tutorial version.

juan_rios wrote on 1/19/2023, 3:44 PM

OR make a dedicated audio peak folder were those audio peak files are stored

+1

This is an option, for example, in Reaper.

Adding request:

When you hover over an activated icon, don't lose the activation color.

Last changed by juan_rios on 1/19/2023, 4:13 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

PC-ESTUDIO1:

- VEGAS Pro 19 B651.

- Windows 11 64 bits - Intel Core i7 10.700K CPU @ 3.80GHz

- Motherboard Rog Strix 8460-H Gaming - RAM 32GB.

- nVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super.

- Intel UHD Graphics 630.

PC-ESTUDIO2:

-Shotcut.

-Kdenlive.

-Linux Mint 21.2 -Victoria - Intel Core i5 6.400 CPU @ 2.7GHz

-Motherboard Gigabyte H110M-S2PV DD3 - RAM 16GB

-Intel Graphics 530.

LAPTOP:

-HP Victus 16-e

-VEGAS Pro 19 B651

- Windows 11 64 bits - AMD Ryzen 7 5.800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz

-GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU

-RAM 16 GB.

CAMERAS:

Panasonic FZ300; FZ1000; FZ2000 and HC X1500.

3POINT wrote on 1/19/2023, 4:13 PM

@jetdv Sorry I'm just going to bed (23:15 local time in Germany). I will answer in detail tomorrow. Goodnight.

nut4squirrel wrote on 1/20/2023, 12:37 AM

I would like to see a faster proxy generator and a way to switch them on and off. As I move to high resolution, 4K and higher, proxies have become more important to me again. Vegas hasn't improved this subsystem since the FHD on slow CPU days.

There are encoders out there that can run several times faster, by using new hardware features, than the built in proxy coder. So it would nice if Vegas Pro would at least make using external proxies easier to intergrade to the Vegas Pro workflow.

3POINT wrote on 1/20/2023, 2:32 PM

@3POINT As this was just a tutorial to show 1) how to render in various ways and 2) how to use a form to collect information, it's certainly not "fully featured". The form is really not even laid out all that well! And, yes, many additional features could be added.

By default, I'm showing that it's only showing VEG files when selecting the projects to render. As for the output files, the script has nothing to do with files such as the .sfk files. VEGAS creates those automatically and I have no control over the location. Could the script then "look" for the sfk file and mark it as "hidden"? I'm going to say yes but then what if you later deleted the renders but forgot about the "hidden" files? You'd slowly fill up your drive with unwanted .sfk files. And, no, they can't be put in a separate folder or VEGAS would just create them again if you loaded the file to the timeline. All of that is automatic by VEGAS. I suppose the script could look for them and then delete them after the render was complete.

Could we have a way of setting which renderer is the "default" one? Absolutely. Right now it's just showing the "first" one that it finds when reading all renderers. What *is* your default renderer? For example, if you want one of the Magix AVC ones, just type MAGIX AVC in the box before clicking on the dropdown arrow. If you want one of the Magix HEVC ones, just type MAGIX HEVC in the box before clicking on the dropdown arrow.

Yes, I understand that's not exactly what you're asking for. But maybe we can create some new tutorials to add some more features to this script. So we need to come up with a list of practical features that can be added to the existing tutorial version to create more tutorials to add these features. We'll put saving and recalling the "last used" renderer as one of those new features. I do believe this should go in its own separate thread, though, if you want to come up with a list of features to add to the existing tutorial version.

Edward, my request for a feature about handling of the audio peak files (.sfk) has nothing to do with your batch project render script, it was a complete new request for a feature.

About improvements of your render script:

My default render template is mainly the default Voukoder rendertemplate, so for me it would be nice when starting your batch render script it would start with that rendertemplate. If this is not possible, maybe it's possible to show only the rendertemplates that are marked as favorites (like filtering in the Vegas rendertemplates dialog) instead of all present rendertemplates.

Also my default renderlocation is always a fixed VegasPro folder on another HDD than were my source files are stored.

Reyfox wrote on 1/25/2023, 5:25 AM

Still asking for this since V!8. Having a lot of plugins, it would be much better than having them listed alphabetically, that they are in the folders (like it used to be in Vegas) to make navigating and finding the right one easy. Using the Plugin Manager takes up needed real estate in the VP window. Why not have it like it was before VP18?

Last changed by Reyfox on 1/25/2023, 5:26 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Newbie😁

Vegas Post 365 (Currently VP21)

Win 11 Pro

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 cores / 32 threads

32GB DDR4 3200

Sapphire RX6700XT 12GB Driver: 22.5.1, testing 24.7.1

Gigabyte X570 Elite Motherboard

Dexcon wrote on 1/25/2023, 5:43 AM

Still asking for this since V!8. Having a lot of plugins, it would be much better than having them listed alphabetically, that they are in the folders (like it used to be in Vegas) to make navigating and finding the right one easy.

@Reyfox  ... Interestingly, the folder breakdown does appear when accessing FX via the FX icon on a video event - as per:

And yes, I much prefer this approach - it would be much better IMO if the main FX window reflected this - as used to be the case in older VP versions.

But being presumptuous, I'll take a wild guess that you have a selection of VFX that you regularly use. These can be saved to the FX Favorites folder - and that makes FX searching so much easier for those regularly used FX.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

Reyfox wrote on 1/25/2023, 5:55 AM

@Dexcon, yes, there are those preferred effects, but looking for something slightly different, it's painful. It becomes trial and error to see what they do, instead of knowing what category they fall under.

FayFen wrote on 1/25/2023, 12:43 PM

@Dexcon, yes, there are those preferred effects, but looking for something slightly different, it's painful. It becomes trial and error to see what they do, instead of knowing what category they fall under.

To mark particular one as a favorite!.. and not as favorites 😠

Wiew wrote on 1/25/2023, 1:15 PM

And maybe a search window in the fx tab to get faster to what you want

Reyfox wrote on 1/25/2023, 1:44 PM

@Wiew for sure. But the Video FX tab used to be that way before VP18. So now, I use the Plugin Manager to do the same thing, but it takes up space in the window.

I'll survive. It's just one of those things as to why it was changed in the first place after years of having it a certain way. I don't see how this could have been considered an improvement.

j-v wrote on 1/25/2023, 1:52 PM

@Wiew Did you miss this one in the FX tab?

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W11 home version 23H2, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti with driver
560.70 Studiodriver and Intel HD graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Laptop  :Asus ROG Str G712L, W11 home version 23H2, CPU i7-10875H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Studiodriver 560.70 and Intel UHD Graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Vegas software: VP 10 to 21 and VMS(pl) 10,12 to 17.
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEM CELL DONOR!!! (because it saved my life in 2016)

Wiew wrote on 1/25/2023, 2:02 PM

@j-v @Reyfox  I know it is in the fx tab ,

But I normally go by the fx button on the clip

and I don't think that top field of the fx pop-up tab offers any added value because everything is already below,

so I think it would be better to make it a search field

kodabar wrote on 1/27/2023, 9:14 AM

I would like an ingestion tool. Over on the Reddit group, so many of the problems come down to people using poor quality source footage or incompatible formats. I know the main source code of Vegas is difficult to modify, so I'd propose a separate tool for 'pre-import' that advises of footage that is a problem and can convert it for ease of use in Vegas itself. Many Vegas users don't know anything about codecs and containers (let alone stuff like VFR) so a tool to mitigate that would, I think, be useful. I was very pleased to see the advisory messages about certain files in recent versions.

I'd also like them to make Vegas Image and Vegas Effects free as an enticement to use Vegas, but that's not a feature request.

Reyfox wrote on 1/27/2023, 9:30 AM

Vegas would lose money giving away Effects and Image since they belong to another software company.

walter-i. wrote on 1/27/2023, 10:02 AM

I'd also like them to make Vegas Image and Vegas Effects free as an enticement to use Vegas, but that's not a feature request.

Fun ON 😁
I would also like, when I buy a new car, to be able to fill up with fuel for free - but that's not a feature request either.
Fun OFF 😭

fr0sty wrote on 1/27/2023, 3:03 PM

I would like an ingestion tool. Over on the Reddit group, so many of the problems come down to people using poor quality source footage or incompatible formats. I know the main source code of Vegas is difficult to modify, so I'd propose a separate tool for 'pre-import' that advises of footage that is a problem and can convert it for ease of use in Vegas itself. Many Vegas users don't know anything about codecs and containers (let alone stuff like VFR) so a tool to mitigate that would, I think, be useful. I was very pleased to see the advisory messages about certain files in recent versions.

I've definitely brought this up to the development team before, as well as integrating this tool into the welcome screen.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

RogerS wrote on 1/28/2023, 3:05 AM

I would like an ingestion tool.

Big +1 from me. Instead of just warning about long GOP, etc. let the user fix it right there and then and have a better editing experience.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

iEmby wrote on 1/28/2023, 5:27 AM

please upgrade VEGAS Text & Titles with advance tools like in ProType Titler, as VEGAS is deprecated ProType Titler and will delete this feature soon in future. so we need a advance Text & Titler with advance & fully with customizable tools & animation.

PROCESSOR

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (Always Updated)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 (20 CPUs), ~2.1GHz - 4.90GHz
Memory: 32GB RAM
Page File: 11134MB used, 7934MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

-----------------------------------------------

MOTHERBOARD

ASUS PRIME H610-CS D4
Intel® H610 (LGA 1700)
Ready for 12th Gen Intel® Processors
Micro-ATX Motherboard with DDR4
Realtek 1 Gb Ethernet
PCH Heatsink
PCIe 4.0 | M.2 slot (32Gbps) 
HDMI® | D-Sub | USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
SATA 6 Gbps | COM header
LPT header | TPM header
Luminous Anti-Moisture Coating
5X Protection III
(Multiple Hardware Safeguards
For all-round protection)

EXTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD

INTERNAL GRAPHIC CARD (iGPU)

------------------------------------------------

LED - MONITOR

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 22es
Monitor Id: HWP331B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

STORAGE DRIVE

Drive: C:
Free Space: 182.3 GB
Total Space: 253.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WD Blue SN570 1TB (NVMe)

---------------O----------------

My System Info (PDF File).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-eoLmuXzshTRH_8RunAYAuNocKpiLoiV&usp=drive_fs

Also Check

VEGAS Scripts Collection By Me

GitHub Profile

My YouTube Channel Dedicated to Only VEGAS Pro Tutorials

EDITROOM : My YouTube Channel (For VEGAS Tutorials)

Reyfox wrote on 1/28/2023, 7:22 AM

+1