[Release] VEGAS Pro 15 – Inspiration Meets Productivity

Comments

michael-mcdonald wrote on 8/30/2017, 2:35 PM

Downloaded the V15 demo. Opened audio project and it still stutters on playback with any VST plug-ins in a buss or master channel. I have had this problem with all 64 bit versions back to V9. Can an audio person out there trying Vegas 15 for audio please confirm this is so before I finally move on to another DAW, I would appreciate it. I've sent in tickets, videos, Magic has confirmed and said it will be taken care of in future releases since V13. Luckily, this time I didn't upgrade, but tried the demo first.

Robert W wrote on 8/30/2017, 3:23 PM

Downloaded the V15 demo. Opened audio project and it still stutters on playback with any VST plug-ins in a buss or master channel. I have had this problem with all 64 bit versions back to V9. Can an audio person out there trying Vegas 15 for audio please confirm this is so before I finally move on to another DAW, I would appreciate it. I've sent in tickets, videos, Magic has confirmed and said it will be taken care of in future releases since V13. Luckily, this time I didn't upgrade, but tried the demo first.

Out of interest, what sort of audio interface are you using and what driver type (ASIO/Windows Classic Wave Driver/Directsound etc.) are you using in the Audio device preferences menu? I've seen stuttering in lots of applications with different types of drivers. If your audio device does not have ASIO drivers, it might be worth trying ASIO4ALL as a wrapper driver, select ASIO and your audio device in the audio device preferences, and see if that makes any difference.

michael-mcdonald wrote on 8/30/2017, 5:44 PM

I'm using MOTU 2408 Mk3 and MOTU 24 i/o PCIe card on a Sweetwater i7 Creation Station PC. I also tried it using my Focurite Scarlett18i8 USB interface and both of these interfaces on a different computer. I've tried MOTU PCI ASIO, Windows Classic Wave Driver and ASIO4ALL. All stutter during playback, so bad you cannot mix. Nothing short of NOT using VST plugins in subgroup busses or the master buss works. I can render and it is fine so it has something to do with 64bit Vegas using VST plugin in busses and master. Same song on Vegas 9 32bit work perfectly.

joseph-williamsen wrote on 8/30/2017, 9:47 PM

Is there any grace period for those who recently upgraded to version 14? I believe I bought the beginning of July 2017.

I second that question. A lot of software offers a 60 grandfather/grace period for upgrades. Will there be anything like that forthcoming? :)

NickHope wrote on 8/30/2017, 11:10 PM

As I understand it there are no changes in VST support/performance.

Jam_One wrote on 8/31/2017, 5:37 AM

Dear MAGIX Creative Team!

Have a good day, and please stop "localizations" from polluting your program's UI !

"Размытие уровней цветности" -- ?...
It's an utterly sad bullshit.
Something like "Blurring of the levels of colorization" - how would you like that?
And that's just one example.

Please, dear Sirs!
Had a user chosen "English" -- let him/her see English, and so on.

Thank you very much in advance!

Robert W wrote on 8/31/2017, 5:45 AM

I'm using MOTU 2408 Mk3 and MOTU 24 i/o PCIe card on a Sweetwater i7 Creation Station PC. I also tried it using my Focurite Scarlett18i8 USB interface and both of these interfaces on a different computer. I've tried MOTU PCI ASIO, Windows Classic Wave Driver and ASIO4ALL. All stutter during playback, so bad you cannot mix. Nothing short of NOT using VST plugins in subgroup busses or the master buss works. I can render and it is fine so it has something to do with 64bit Vegas using VST plugin in busses and master. Same song on Vegas 9 32bit work perfectly.

I think we are going to get invited to create a new thread on this, so I will give you what I am think and I am happy to continue if you wish to create a new post in a new thread to deal with it. At present I can not recreate the problem in Vegas 12 (I won't be trying the upgrade until my current 'too complicated to risk the setup' project is complete). As that is in the range of the versions you have seen the problem, I would hope to be able to recreate it. From where I am sitting it seems that as you have tried different versions of the software and different machines, and not ruling out a possible problem in Vegas, the only constants in configuration might be the sound cards and the VST plugins themselves. Are there any VSTs this doesn't manifest in? Do any of the plugins require iLok dongles? Can you list any VSTs that you can confirm the problem happening in? Can you provide a capture of the actual stuttering sound, please?

I have never had hands on experience with the MOTU 2408 MKIII card, but the Focusrite Scarlitt 18i8 MixControl drivers for the 1st generation interface have a problem that Focusrite are reluctant to acknowledge which seems to affect certain USB interfaces. It can be very sporadic and it can only appear when the machine is under higher loads, although for me it manifests on my 18i20 more as a crackle than a stutter. In my experience the resolution for that particular problem is to try the device on a USB 3.0 interface using the latest available beta drivers (beta.focusrite.com)

The other thing to verify would be that you have absolutely no other applications running, including web browsers and mail clients, at the time you test. It is amazing how many applications open an idle audio stream, leaving the card locked at the wrong frequency and thus causing chaos down the line.

Widetrack wrote on 8/31/2017, 6:40 PM

Please tell me whether or not installing 15 will delete V14.

Also, it's great that you gave us the ability to handle RAW images. Does V15 by any chance include lens profiles for popular drone cameras (like the Parrot Bebop 2) that will straighten out RAW stills that are distorted by the wide lens?

And lastly: No new title editor?

Marco. wrote on 8/31/2017, 6:43 PM

Installing Vegas Pro 15 will not delete or affect Vegas Pro 14. I have VP13, VP14 and VP15 working side by side on same system.

PacoDeCasa wrote on 9/1/2017, 3:47 AM

I've been using vegas long time ago... v10, v11, v12, v13, bought v14 pro suite the time it got out.... I've seen the upgrade to v15 is 349 EUR!!!, I find difficult to justify it less than a year ago... maybe it's time to finally migrate to premiere.... or maybe there is an offer I dont know???

jan-emdebrant wrote on 9/2/2017, 7:55 AM

P2-files are still green then imported (P2 mxf files).

The files will be green if I try to import from camera or I save a file to P2 format from Vegas Pro.

P2-files was included in bug fixes, is it something I missed or do I still need to convert the files to be able to use then in Vegas Pro?

gerdagerd wrote on 9/3/2017, 4:52 AM

Getting HORRIBLE performance here on Intel 2680v4 / Win10 / AMDRX480 System.
Vegas 14: Fluid playback, UHD, H264
Vegas 15: 1fps Max. - Unusable sadly. Same footage.

NickHope wrote on 9/3/2017, 8:51 AM

Getting HORRIBLE performance here on Intel 2680v4 / Win10 / AMDRX480 System.
Vegas 14: Fluid playback, UHD, H264
Vegas 15: 1fps Max. - Unusable sadly. Same footage.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/new-avc-issues-in-vp15-try-disabling-so4compoundplug-dll--108345/

David Settlemoir wrote on 9/3/2017, 9:28 AM

The files will be green if I try to import from camera or I save a file to P2 format from Vegas Pro.

P2-files was included in bug fixes, is it something I missed or do I still need to convert the files to be able to use then in Vegas Pro?

I've opened an older project in VP15, and my AVCIntra100 P2 files seem to be working correctly.

Glenn Thomas wrote on 9/3/2017, 9:46 AM

Long time Vegas user here (since it was audio only).. Attempted to install the trial version to decide whether or not it's worth upgrading. Although I can't even get it to open.

Below is the error message I see. Anyone else having this problem?

Problem Description

Application Name:    VEGAS Pro
   Application Version: Version 15.0 (Build 177)
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xe0434352)
   Fault Module:        C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
   Fault Address:       0x00007FFB64D69E08
   Fault Offset:        0x0000000000069E08

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 15.0\vegas150.exe
   Process Version:     Version 15.0 (Build 177)
   Process Description: VEGAS Pro
   Process Image Date:  2017-08-12 (Sat Aug 12) 10:34:10

I do have a lot of plugins installed though, as well as Vegasaur. The plugins I have are Film Convert, the really old AAV Color Lab, various Newblue fx plugins, SeMW extensions, Boris BCC9, Boris Red, an older version of Neat Video, Twixtor, HitFilm Ignite. VST plugins as well..

Glenn Thomas wrote on 9/3/2017, 10:03 AM

@Glenn Thomas Update SeMW Extensions: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/semw-extensions-for-vegas-pro-15--108311/

Thanks! I totally missed that post. Got it running now :)

digfish wrote on 9/3/2017, 8:21 PM

I get an error when clicking on the 'Learn more' link (Windows 10).

jan-emdebrant wrote on 9/4/2017, 3:21 AM

I've opened an older project in VP15, and my AVCIntra100 P2 files seem to be working correctly.

Could you try this.

1) Open Vegas Pro 15 with no project. You need to not have a P2 file from old Sony Vegas version opened before in this test.

2) Import a AVCINTRA100 P2 file (my file will be green).

3) If I first open a project that was saved in Sony Vegas 13 I will be able to import files to Vegas Pro 15 and save them. But if I close Vegas Pro and try to open the file it will be green. To get it to work I need first to open a project that was saved in Sony Vegas 13 and after open the Vegas Pro 1 file.

gerdagerd wrote on 9/4/2017, 3:24 AM

Thanks @Nick ! The so4compoundplug is the problem. hope they fix it soon and happy to have your workaround! thanks!

David Settlemoir wrote on 9/4/2017, 7:42 PM

Could you try this.

1) Open Vegas Pro 15 with no project. You need to not have a P2 file from old Sony Vegas version opened before in this test.

3) If I first open a project that was saved in Sony Vegas 13 I will be able to import files to Vegas Pro 15 and save them. But if I close Vegas Pro and try to open the file it will be green. To get it to work I need first to open a project that was saved in Sony Vegas 13 and after open the Vegas Pro 1 file.

I just tried this with P2 files from two different cameras, and both worked correctly. I'm not using the trial, but the paid upgrade.

You might contact Magix tech support, they helped me out with a P2 problem in the last build of VP14.

Hotelsinus wrote on 9/5/2017, 4:24 AM

Vegas Pro needs big Audio updates!

- explorer window need a search field
- 5.1 surround is implemented but need 7.1 today
- Surround panner automations need a smooth movements in marker positions, or curve editor for audio movements, not it is stop every keyframe.
- doppler effect for moving audio tracks in stereo and surround (with parameters of coz)
- Built in sidechain for vocal and music track... or anything like that. it is terrible to do this with volume ramps , FASST AAPPS Voice Assistant is not enough to do it right. But its okey in some situations. A built is sidechain would be awesome.
- Render regions and markers or selection is need it. I use Render Assistant by VASST for now. But a built in would be the best way.
- better built in audio plugins eq and compressors are outdated today. Magix has better plugins.
hope you think about this updates and fixes thank you!
www.hssd.hu

jan-emdebrant wrote on 9/5/2017, 2:20 PM

Could you try this.

I just tried this with P2 files from two different cameras, and both worked correctly. I'm not using the trial, but the paid upgrade.

You might contact Magix tech support, they helped me out with a P2 problem in the last build of VP14.

Thank´s for trying, I uninstalled VP14 and that seems to solve the problem.