VEGAS Pro 15 build 177 has been released.
General discussion in here please. Please make a new post or comment on an existing one for specific issues.
- A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec significantly accelerates encoding on machines that utilize Intel® Quick Sync Video (QSV) technology
- A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec significantly accelerates encoding on machines equipped with modern NVIDIA graphics card GPU technology
- The user can now select from the list of attributes of a copied timeline clip event to specify which attributes will be pasted into a target event
- ACES 1.0 support enable users to work with the expanded color spaces and dynamic range of modern cameras.
- More efficient handling of AVC files on the timeline through Intel QSV technology
- Picture-in-picture OFX plug-in enables the user to perform size and position adjustments of video at any of the four effects levels (including track and event) through parameter adjustment controls and direct interaction with the Video Preview window
- Crop OFX plug-in enables the user to quickly crop out portions of a video at any of the four effects levels (including track and event) through parameter adjustment controls and direct interaction with the Video Preview window
- The user can specify which track header buttons and controls appear on tracks and set these (separate for audio and video tracks) as project defaults for all new tracks in the current and new projects. Controls that have been hidden can be accessed through a new "hamburger button" menu
- LUT Filter OFX plug-in enables the user to apply LUTs to their project at any of the four supported FX levels (event, track, media, and video bus)
- Redesigned timeline clip events now contain headers to hold important information and buttons and can be customized through the hamburger button/menu system.
- The user can specify which controls appear in the transport area of both the Trimmer Window and the Video Preview window as project defaults for the current and new projects. Controls that have been hidden can be accessed through a new "hamburger button" menu
- A simple "one-click" option creates a freeze frame on all selected events touched by the timeline cursor
- Users can specify one of four options for the shading of the VEGAS Pro interface ranging from very bright to a dark interface
- Users can define the amount (strength) of color they want shown in their buttons
- Modern controls enable logical docking and undocking of windows and maximizing windows within a dock
- A user-friendly and intuitive Render As dialog box makes it easy to understand and specify render options
- The Share Online option now provides direct render-and-upload operations for YouTube, FaceBook, and Vimeo
- Optimized default user layout to reduce visual clutter
- Non-selected timeline clip events are now the same color as the corresponding track header while selected events are white. This (while directly opposite previous behavior) reduces visual "clutter" and the harsh appearance of events, particularly in large projects
- New layout option enables user to switch back to the VEGAS Pro 14 default layout, including revealing all buttons in the hamburger menu system
- Updated button glyph for the Record and Arm for Record buttons clarifies the function of these buttons
- The default Pan type has been changed to Constant Power which is the most logical and expected type
- Audio notification alerts you when your render is complete for all format types
Plus (not officially announced)...
- Panasonic GH5 10-bit 422 footage now opens correctly
- The video stream of JVC YUV 4:2:2 footage now decodes correctly
- iPhone/iPad footage now opens correctly (without requiring Quicktime)
- "Enable Media Manager" was moved to an internal preference