ASUS TUF Gaming B550plus BIOS3202: 
*Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GF1 850W 
*ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11PRO 512GB->sys & 2TB->data 
*G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-64GFX 
*AMD Ryzen9 5950x + LiquidFreezer II-240 
*XFX Speedster-MERC319-RX6900XT <-AdrenalinEdition 24.7.1
Windows11Pro: 23H2-22631.3880; Direct3D Driver=9.17.11.0267

Samsung 2xLU28R55 300CD/m²HDR10 (peak 1499nits) ->2xDPort
LG DSP7 Surround 5.1Soundbar ->TOSLINK (AAFOptimusPack 6.0.9403.1)
ROCCAT Kave 5.1Headset/Mic ->Analog

GH5sHLG_4k30p: AWB, Shutter=1/50, ISO=auto
ProtuneFlat_2.7k60pLinear: AWB, Shutter=auto, ISO=400

VEGASPro21/22 + Handbrake/XMediaRecode + DVDArchi7 
AcidPro10 + SoundForgePro14.0.065 + SpectraLayersPro7 

K-LitecodecPack17.8.0 (MPC Video Renderer for HDR10-Videoplayback) 

adimatis wrote on 7/1/2020, 7:09 AM

Yeap! Nice!

wsd wrote on 8/18/2020, 3:31 AM

Native support for Panasonic P2 MXF files - that is long overdue. I know there's support for Panasonic AVC-Intra P2 MXF files, but that is an old version, only supporting 720p en 1080i files, max 100Mbps. None of the modern 4K or LT slow motion files in P2 MXF is supported (although these are commonplace for several years). Transcoding is really not a thing that should be necessary nowadays, yet...

walter-i. wrote on 8/18/2020, 4:41 AM

Maybe it would be better to close this thread - since version 18 is now available - and start a new (constructive) one with feature requests for version 19.

Teagan wrote on 8/18/2020, 10:06 AM

was hoping for the color chart matching tool from Davinci Resolve as shown in this video:

And then all more precise color grading wheels like on resolve - and allow you to go way further than just 2.0 or the max in vegas. I'm not sure what the difference is but they seem way different to me, and davinvi just seems better but Vegas' wheels are easier to use. I don't know much more how to describe this.

Built in luts for many different cameras/logs, but I believe the setting color space for input media and view transforms does the same in vegas? There's also a color space change available in the render tool in the final tab.

I was very disappointed to not see the color grading tool not updated to be more like davinci's, even if it was a hidden option for experts.

Also, I keep using davinci's chromaticity scope to learn about color spaces, so I'd like that too:

I was obsessed about this to find if my camera used true 2020 or was 709 limited with HLG. The vlog is 709 though - until I apply the official Lut, then I am not sure. Still learning!

(from the HLG setting on my panasonic ag-cx350)

(from same camera but the Vlog after the panasonic vlog/vgamut to 709 lut)

Nigel wrote on 8/18/2020, 1:58 PM

Direct x264/aac as mp4 Rendering so no need to frame serve to Handbrake or others. x265/aac/mp4 would be nice also.

Update: installed Voukoder plug-in, now I get an error starting Vegas. Like I said, I am requesting Direct support for x264/aac as mp4 rendering as a default in the render options. No plugins. No errors.

Marco. wrote on 8/18/2020, 2:57 PM

"Direct x264/aac as mp4 Rendering so no need to frame serve to Handbrake or others. x265/aac/mp4 would be nice also."

That's what the free Voukoder plug-in does in Vegas Pro.

fr0sty wrote on 8/18/2020, 5:33 PM

Changing the title to VEGAS 19 requests, since 18 is out.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

JJKizak wrote on 8/18/2020, 6:52 PM

If all the stuff you guys want is implemented I will have to get another terabyte hard drive to operate it.

JJK

Jonathan-Burnett wrote on 8/18/2020, 8:12 PM

I have a simple request; allow for a grid to be shown in the Pan/Crop tool, just like you can in the Preview window. That would make some horizon adjustments much easier and accurate.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Mohammed_Anis wrote on 8/18/2020, 8:54 PM

A functional and competent audio sync tool.

Surprised no one's mentioned it .

Grazie wrote on 8/18/2020, 10:34 PM

I have a simple request; allow for a grid to be shown in the Pan/Crop tool, just like you can in the Preview window. That would make some horizon adjustments much easier and accurate.

Thanks,

Jonathan

@Jonathan-Burnett -Yes! Also on External Monitor, we have it in DVDA.

Grazie wrote on 8/18/2020, 10:36 PM

Contour Shuttle Pro control on ALL Timelines: Pan/Crop; FXs etc etc....

Jack S wrote on 8/19/2020, 4:45 AM

@Grazie Yes! Also on External Monitor, we have it in DVDA. Not necessary. Just float dock your Video Preview window onto your second monitor.

My system
Genshin Infinity Gaming PC
Motherboard Gigabyte H610M H: m-ATX w/, USB 3.2, 1 x M.2
Power Supply Corsair RM750X
Intel Core i7-13700K - 16-Core [8P @ 3.4GHz-5.4GHz / 8E @ 2.50GHz-4.20GHz]
30MB Cache + UHD Graphics, Ultimate OC Compatible
Case Fan 4 x CyberPowerPC Hyperloop 120mm ARGB & PWM Fan Kit
CPU Fan CyberPowerPC Master Liquid LITE 360 ARGB AIO Liquid Cooler, Ultimate OC Compatible
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5/5200MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB
MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12, VR Ready, HDMI, DP
System drive 1TB WD Black SN770 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD - 5150MB/s Read & 4900MB/s Write
Storage 2 x 2TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM
Windows 11 Home (x64)
Monitors
Generic Monitor (PHL 222V8) connected to GeForce RTX 4060 Ti
Generic Monitor (SAMSUNG) connected to iGPU

Camcorder
SONY Handycam HDR-XR550VE

Grazie wrote on 8/19/2020, 4:54 AM

@Grazie Not necessary. Just float dock your Video Preview window onto your second monitor.

Jack S - Done that, but it means doing a separate Workflow of Views. We have it in DVDA, simples!

Jack S wrote on 8/19/2020, 7:41 AM

@Grazie Ok, I get that. But I've sort of overcome the separate Workflow of Views by setting up two windows layouts, one as normal and one with my preview on the second monitor. I can then switch between the two with the shortcut key(s). But, each to his own as they say. 😉

My system
Genshin Infinity Gaming PC
Motherboard Gigabyte H610M H: m-ATX w/, USB 3.2, 1 x M.2
Power Supply Corsair RM750X
Intel Core i7-13700K - 16-Core [8P @ 3.4GHz-5.4GHz / 8E @ 2.50GHz-4.20GHz]
30MB Cache + UHD Graphics, Ultimate OC Compatible
Case Fan 4 x CyberPowerPC Hyperloop 120mm ARGB & PWM Fan Kit
CPU Fan CyberPowerPC Master Liquid LITE 360 ARGB AIO Liquid Cooler, Ultimate OC Compatible
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5/5200MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB
MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12, VR Ready, HDMI, DP
System drive 1TB WD Black SN770 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD - 5150MB/s Read & 4900MB/s Write
Storage 2 x 2TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM
Windows 11 Home (x64)
Monitors
Generic Monitor (PHL 222V8) connected to GeForce RTX 4060 Ti
Generic Monitor (SAMSUNG) connected to iGPU

Camcorder
SONY Handycam HDR-XR550VE

gary-o wrote on 8/20/2020, 1:08 AM

Timeline scroll. A feature request, which many people have asked for over the years.

Please implement a way to scroll the timeline while playing/previewing so the cursor always remains in a specified place or region in the screen. In my case, I need to see what's coming ahead... so I'd like the cursor to remain in the left third of the screen (timeline window).

I've tried to use . or \ but the playback is too jerky and it's difficult to control where to position the cursor.

I suggest selecting a vertical "zone" to restrict the cursor to (it could be a single point if the user wishes it) and as the preview video plays, the cursor will play to the end of this zone and then the whole timeline will scroll back so that the cursor is positioned at the start point of the zone. And so on.

merlin-beedell wrote on 8/20/2020, 11:01 AM

I have enjoyed using Vegas since V10. Over the years it has slowly improved – and most recently the improvements seem to have accelerated.  I finally jumped from the Studio version to Pro when I wanted the improved stability feature in VP 14.  I generally only use it for making DVD’s of AmDram and brass band productions for the cast/players to see – so not for financial gain at all!  So my list of simple things that I think would be of general benefit:

• As mentioned by others, to marquee select clips without changing ‘edit mode’. Probably by pressing ctrl when dragging the mouse.
  • I would quite like to be able to arrange the Auto-Ripple in the action bar into a 4 separate icons (off/track/affected/all) and not only in a drop down.
  • It is worth noting that Ctrl-Click to select a clip does not move the play-head/cursor – which is really useful when you have very carefully positioned the cursor to the place to split only to find that the clip is not selected – a simple click will move the cursor which is then rather annoying, but ctrl-click does not.  But is there a way to ‘move cursor to last position point’ just in case you forget?  Could also be useful when you pause (enter) instead of stop (space), but then want to return back.
  • When in pan/crop panel – the ability to ‘move to next/previous clip’ would be really helpful.  When trying to position several photos in a sequence – this would be most welcome, rather then carefully clicking the pan/crop icon in each tiny clip.
  • ..and for overlapped clips (e.g. with crossfade), when in Pan/Crop at the start/end due to the cross-fade, the clip is transparent so you can’t position it effectively.  So some option to remove current clip transparency when in pan/crop.
  • ..and when in pan/crop – to be able to position/scale the clip within the preview window (like you now can in PIP fx).
  • If using multiple ‘takes’ via the multi-cam facility – it would be amazing to be able to utilise some templated pip / split screen / picture-grid arrangements, not just switching to display a single take at a time.  I know this would be quite complex, as this would require lead-in/out methods to move smoothly from single clip to multi-clip view and back.  But I’m sure it would be possible!
  • The Slideshow Creator is handy and effective, if rather basic.  But it would be useful to be able to select a group of photos on the timeline or project media for these to be moved into the Slideshow Creator panel.  Sometimes the clips are spread over several locations and you just needed to increase the slideshow duration or photo order - not so easy once in the timeline.  I created a (very basic) script to adjust the duration of any selected clips just to overcome this!
  • When using the stabilization, is it possible to fix the position of a selected point such that that point no longer moves in the resulting output? E.g. if a person moves during the original clip, then stabilise it so [a point on] the person stops moving and the surrounding area is clipped moved accordingly.
  • “Render Match” the output to ‘as closely as possible match the settings of a selected source file.  So if I have a 10 minute video and clip it down to 5 minutes, I would expect a file roughly half the size with the same quality.  It seems almost impossible to do this when there are so many file types and options.  And if the required file type is not available, then to suggest which ones to use (and why!).
  • And as I have no desire to go back to college to learn the myriad of different render file types and settings, some more on-screen descriptions and guidance would certainly help.  I also miss the Vegas Studio version’s render wizard that had presets for DVD/BlueRay/Online.  I’m sure this wizard could be spruced up for the Pro edition.  E.g. A DVD requires 2 renders, one for video and one for audio. The wizard handles this in one take – but with Pro I have to do this separately (admittedly, fewer people want dvd’s any more – so I no longer get any income, no matter how tiny!).  And now I render to mp4 and let dvd-architect do the re-render task.
  • Talking of the render panel – could the render options like ‘loop region only’ be always on display rather than in a drop-down.  There is enough screen space!  I alter the loop-region quite often, so hiding it makes it unnecessarily fiddly.
  • And as others have mentioned – stability. By this I mean that when the system calls out to a GPU or external DLL that the Vegas code thread should be managed such that if the external service fails to respond that Vegas does not lock up waiting, and can report and, hopefully, move on. Perhaps even recover without a restart.  I am one (of many, by the looks of it) where the render locks up at 80%.  It seems to occur when I use the Intel GPU – so I have stopped using it now.  But as it locks up, I can’t provide a crash report.  I also output screaming mp3 or preview mp4’s that stagger painfully slowly.  No idea why as I can’t tell which dll’s in my o/s are being used by Vegas.
  • Some form of “optimisation wizard” to set certain things like Dynamic Ram and so on to values that are likely to be good for my environment.

I have also used Cyberlink PowerDirector, which is stuffed full of every possible feature.  While it is rather slow and cumbersome to use for long edits, it certainly has some useful things.  Here are some that I think that Vegas would benefit from:

• The community website where you can both submit and search/review/download contributions from others.  This is a very powerful facility.  These include:
    • PIP objects / Particles / Frames / Collage templates / Titles / Intro/Outro sequences / Animations / Transitions and more
    • Complete Projects – where you can review the timeline showing exactly how the contributor edited their movie submission.
    • Vegas may be working on something like this for their 365 customers only?
  • The movement “path” feature can be useful – some templated paths like spirals or waves movements. These could be applied to any clip via the pan/crop, so a clip could move in or out using a pre-set movement and zoom and transparency. A bit like the classic text animations in Vegas – bounce and fly-in etc. but can be applied to any clip.
  • I quite like the way you can set any section of a clip for Slow-Mo (or speed up). A little easier than the velocity envelopes in Vegas, as you can specify the % or duration and it computes the required lead-in/out curve to suit.  The critical part with velocity changes is to ‘ripple’ the timeline effectively afterwards as your clip will be longer or shorter as a result.
  • The ‘collage’ feature is most useful for multi-clip views, and a zillion times easier than the masking.pip.crop.frame etc needed in Vegas.  Magix PhotoStory also has this feature with even more options – I just which I could figure how to use PhotoStory - so fiddly compared to Vegas!

Finally - this Forum system could do with a tweak or two! Not for this thread though.

john_dennis wrote on 8/20/2020, 11:32 AM

@merlin-beedell

"Talking of the render panel – could the render options like ‘loop region only’ be always on display rather than in a drop-down.  There is enough screen space!  I alter the loop-region quite often, so hiding it makes it unnecessarily fiddly."

There seems to be a trend toward covering up options to make the screen look less cluttered. Maybe, we've gone .

Grazie wrote on 8/26/2020, 5:08 AM

FX Plug Awareness.

When I choose and click on to activate it in an Event, I’d like two things to happen:

1] When it gets added to the end of the Plug chain it is Highlighted. It’s not at the moment.

2] When the FX does get added it should open automatically, I don’t want to keep breaking my concentration by searching for it in the Chain and clicking on it.

adis-a3097 wrote on 8/26/2020, 5:33 AM

When launched, Vegas should override Windows' "Power & sleep" settings so monitors don't get turned off.

alifftudm95 wrote on 8/27/2020, 5:28 AM

Hopefully to see more controls over VEGAS Capture parameters like frame rate, resolutions etc. But not too much of control that will cause instability. Make it fairly simple, like iPhone UI.

For now it doesn't record or get any audio sources from my condenser microphone.

I always use Bandicam for screen recording (now switching to OBS). I like bandicam UI, fairly simple & straight forward. Only downside it automatically switch to VFR when my computer performance drop, causing unsynchronized audio halfway recording & frame drop. VEGAS Pro able to read VFR footage very well, except VEGAS Effects, causing the software to crash if I send VFR video to VEGAS Effects.

Last changed by alifftudm95 on 8/27/2020, 5:32 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Editor and Colorist (Kinda) from Malaysia

MYPOST Member

PC DEKSTOP

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x

GPU: RTX3090 24GB

RAM: 64GB 3200MHZ

MOBO: X570-E

Storage:

C DRIVE NVME M.2 1TB SSD GEN 4

D DRIVE NVME M.2 2TB SSD GEN 4

E DRIVE SATA SSD 2TB

F DRIVE SATA SSD 2TB

G DRIVE HDD 1TB

Monitor: Asus ProArt PA279CV 4K HDR (Bought on 30 August 2023)

Monitor: BenQ PD2700U 4K HDR (RIP on 30 August 2023)

walter-i. wrote on 8/29/2020, 2:16 AM

Hopefully to see more controls over VEGAS Capture parameters like frame rate, resolutions etc. But not too much of control that will cause instability. Make it fairly simple, like iPhone UI.

+1
Then I would very much like to use it - at the moment it is not usable for me - although I have no great demands - and therefore have to use OBS.

AlanH wrote on 9/23/2020, 9:33 AM

A quick win feature addition: In the Right-Click options list from the time ruler, after 'Set Time at Cursor', add extra option 'Zero time at cursor' - I do this all the time, and it would cut the interactions needed from four (Right Click > Select > enter '0' > Enter key) to two (Right Click > Select) - or add a dedicated tool button, which would be even better!