VEGAS Pro 15 Update 2 (build 261) - General Discussion

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 11/30/2017, 8:13 AM

VEGAS Pro 15 Update 2 (build 261) has been released.

General discussion in this thread please. Please make a new post or comment on an existing one for specific issues.

Official announcement with Patch Notes

VEGAS Pro 15 (build 261) installer

If you already have VEGAS Pro 15 (build 216) installed, there is no need to uninstall it. The build 261 should overwrite your installation and retain your settings. Your computer will need to be online for activation after the update.

If you are installing VEGAS Pro 15 for the first time, it is generally better to install using a VEGAS Pro download manager. See here for details & links.

Previous general discussion thread: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-15-update-1-build-216-general-discussion--108930/

Comments

SphinxRa40 wrote on 11/30/2017, 1:17 PM

Just to let know.... the installer have a SONY logo...well..80% of it😲

LongIslander wrote on 11/30/2017, 3:26 PM

Thanks for the quick support with the HEVC files. The only major bug I am still experiencing even with the new build # is a display driver crash. Regardless if integrated/nvidia graphics is disabled/enabled both crash and I get a black screen/vegas crash. When I crash on integrated graphics the sutem is able to recover, however when the crash happens on the GPU i have to hard reset the system out of the black screen. This issue occurs when I drag a large amount of videos/photos to the timeline (500 or more). Is any1 able to replicate this? I would be willing to upload my entire workflow folder (7GB) if needed.

marcinzm wrote on 11/30/2017, 4:10 PM

Sorry, but I am disappointed, really disappointed about this new release.
I wrote to you in ticket: [Ticket#2017110917007046] about the bug which never was fixed in all version of Vegas Pro. So this bug is major, primary and basic and still occurs for all Polish users of your Vegas Pro 15 and any older version of software.
Any of VP15 text editors still doesn`t display all available font list.

Polish shurtcuts to type Polish letter ż (RIGHT ALT + z) and this shurtcut close the text editors and Polish users are not able to enter ż letter. It is horrobile. Changing and setting fonts on Polish letters: ąćżółśęń and upper case representatives doesn`t affect on the letters and font didn`t change or behave weirdly.

Audio track from GoPro Hero 6 Black video camera still plays noise and cannot load and play real recorded sound from this camera. I send you a video sample to check it out and fixed, but you didn`t do anything with it.

I wrote to you about so long ago but you didn`t fix none of these problems.
I hoped that in the following release this will be fixed, but I only dream about it !

Please write to me when you are going to release new update. These are the primary bugs so they should be fix on high priority level!

Last changed by VEGAS_CommunityManager on 12/1/2017, 1:12 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Reason: No need to scream.

If you are bored, drink water, you will want to pee. -> Albert Einstein - my idol!

I am 42. I have been creating videos since 2009 (the date when my first daughter was born in). My first video software was Pinnacle, next one was Sony Vegas 8 (I am not sure if remember it correctly). I am also a developer and wedding movie operator and editor. For example: I have created an Android app which let me control Vegas Pro rendering progress level on Android smartphone. I created it for fun, because I also love programming. I also created my own plugin for Audio To Text feature specified usage from Vegas Pro 19. I created proxy creation plugin which uses multiple GPU threads (maximum 3) to create proxy files for Vegas Pro. I also written many others plugin/softwares which enhance my video editing, also wedding editing.

Camera/video camera: Sony FX3, Sony A7 III, Sony FDR AX 100, Canon 5D Mark III, GoPro Hero Black 7,8,9,10

Lenses for Sony: Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III , Sony 24mm gm 1.4 FE, Sony 20 mm G FE 1.8

Lenses for Canon: Canon EF 24-70 mm F/2.8 L USM, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

Drone: DJI Mavic 3 & DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0

Editing: Vegas Pro 20 (365) with a lot of third party plugins, also my own plugins written in C#

PC:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz   3.31 GHz

RAM: 128 GB

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 TI

storage: 4 SSD drives (including two M.2 flash drives) and two HDD drives

Windows system: 10 Home edition

billy-s wrote on 11/30/2017, 7:24 PM

The Icon on the task bar is now just a generic blank page with the folded over top page corner icon, not the blue Vegas V as it was before?

Dave wrote on 11/30/2017, 9:00 PM

Vegas Pro 15 keeps crashing on me when working on 4K video in the timeline:

Problem Description
   Application Name:    VEGAS Pro
   Application Version: Version 15.0 (Build 261)
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        
   Fault Address:       0x00000001622FDB40
   Fault Offset:        0x00000001622FDB40

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 15.0\vegas150.exe
   Process Version:     Version 15.0 (Build 261)
   Process Description: VEGAS Pro
   Process Image Date:  2017-11-22 (Wed Nov 22) 22:53:02

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

NickHope wrote on 11/30/2017, 9:19 PM

Thanks for all the bug fixes.

The addition of a customizable button highlight color is welcome, however was it intentional to also apply it to active take information? It seems a strange design choice. I would like a neutral dark grey or black.

Peter_P wrote on 12/1/2017, 12:54 AM

What kind of footage are you using?

fr0sty wrote on 12/1/2017, 1:59 AM

This update has completely broken Vegas for me. First time, I got a notification about a VASST plugin I was evaluating needing to be registered, then Vegas crashed. Now, it hangs on "creating windows" . I hear a windows notification chime, but I cannot see anything other than the vegas boot screen saying "creating windows".

Problem Description
   Application Name:    VEGAS Pro

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 15.0\vegas150.exe
   Process Version:     Version 15.0 (Build 261)
   Process Image Date:  2017-11-22 (Wed Nov 22) 23:34:06

System: Windows 10 x64

Ryzen 7 1800x

32GB DDR4

Nvidia GTX 970

Edit: Was able to fix by finding my way to the VASST installation folder and uninstalling Ultimate S. Handy plugin, I'll buy it soon... but I wasn't expecting it to break vegas when it expired!

Last changed by fr0sty on 12/1/2017, 2:17 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

joseph-w wrote on 12/1/2017, 2:56 AM

The Icon on the task bar is now just a generic blank page with the folded over top page corner icon, not the blue Vegas V as it was before?

This is more of a windows issue but it should come back if you right click, unpin from taskbar, then go into start/(programs on right) - Find Vegas 15, right click on Vegas 15, More, Pin to Taskbar. Icon should be restored to normal.

Former user wrote on 12/1/2017, 4:58 AM

Anyone else with a vegas upgrade horror story?

Currently plan on a 7 day delay

NickHope wrote on 12/1/2017, 5:27 AM

@Former user Details please.

Former user wrote on 12/1/2017, 6:10 AM

I haven't had a problem, I haven't upgraded. I plan to in 7 days. Frosty seemed to have a problem & just interested in anyone else that's seen an anomaly since upgrading.

Former user wrote on 12/1/2017, 6:18 AM

What kind of footage are you using?

Thanks for all the bug fixes.

The addition of a customizable button highlight color is welcome, however was it intentional to also apply it to active take information? It seems a strange design choice. I would like a neutral dark grey or black.

If you elect to display event headers Nick then its ok, mine is a permanent light white text always, not sure if its a user selectable colour. De-selecting event headers means the colours follow as you indicate, maybe not what was intended.

I'm delighted👍 with this new feature, I've chosen white for selected buttons.

NickHope wrote on 12/1/2017, 7:04 AM

@Former user Sorry, I misunderstood you.

If you elect to display event headers Nick then its ok, mine is a permanent light white text always, not sure if its a user selectable colour. De-selecting event headers means the colours follow as you indicate, maybe not what was intended.

I'm delighted👍 with this new feature, I've chosen white for selected buttons.

White is a great idea, but not if you like to show active take info and hide your headers 😭

Dave wrote on 12/1/2017, 8:39 AM

I'm shooting with a a Panasonic Lumix G85.

Videos are:

3840 x 2160 at 30fps.
Data Rate 94619kbps
Total Bit Rate 94744kbps

I'm editing on a MS Surface Studio running Windows 10 with 16GB RAM. Intel i7. 2.7Ghz. 64-Bit OS

Peter_P wrote on 12/1/2017, 8:54 AM

@Dave

Can you please right click on your video event, select properties and General. Scroll down and what is shown under Plug-In ?

Dave wrote on 12/1/2017, 9:24 AM

Sure. But I’m not at my computer. I’ll send later. Thank you.

GaryX wrote on 12/1/2017, 9:30 AM

i should have waited with the update, my vegas pro 15 also crashes now on start when loading the components. 😒 is there a way to go back to the earlier Version?

Problem Description
   Application Name:    VEGAS Pro
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
   Fault Address:       0x0000000077B48F24
   Fault Offset:        0x0000000000048F24

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 15.0\vegas150.exe
   Process Version:     Version 15.0 (Build 261)
   Process Image Date:  2017-11-22 (Wed Nov 22) 16:34:06

NickHope wrote on 12/1/2017, 9:55 AM

@GaryX Not sure if you can downgrade without uninstalling first, but could be worth a try. Links to installers for previous versions are in this thread: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-where-can-i-download-vegas-pro-and-other-vegas-software--104782/ You would just try and install over the top. Or roll back to the system image that I'm sure you took before updating ;)

If you want to try and get build 261 working, something in this thread might help: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-vegas-pro-won-t-start-what-can-i-do--104784/

This search for your error message indicates that point #16 in that thread (a Vegas reset) might be worth a try, and there are some other things to try there. What applies to Movie Studio will probably also apply to Vegas Pro in this case.

It could be down to a plugin that is now incompatible. It was in this case.

D7K wrote on 12/1/2017, 10:20 AM

So Far Running like a charm using either the RX480 or QSV when I render.

GaryX wrote on 12/1/2017, 3:53 PM

CTRL+SHIFT + double clicking the vegas Icon did it, for some reason...

after that start i can start normal successfully, no idea what was wrong.

hughdemand wrote on 12/1/2017, 4:19 PM

I recently upgrade from Version 14 to 15 of Vegas Pro. This was done on the promotion of improved render times.

I now note that my render times seemed to have gone in the opposite direction. I think I have optimized my workstation for editing with Vegas Pro ( HP Z440 with a Zeon processor, 32 GB RAM and an AMD FirePro W5100 ).

Is there something I may have missed in my setup or something I can check? I am truly disappointed with my render times.

Today I found my memory usage going up to the 32GB ceiling and having to cancel the render.

Help

Thanks

Whit

fr0sty wrote on 12/1/2017, 4:36 PM

It looks like this update has done nothing to fix the freezes when using NVENC with the so4 dll enabled, guess I'll have to disable it again. Even when the renders were working, I was getting all kinds of errors like flickering frames, compositing flickering in and out, etc.

Starting to lose faith, Magix. Get it together. I'd rather a properly tested update that actually addresses the most important bugs over a timely one. We could have gone without pan and crop effect gpu acceleration in order to get the existing implementation working right... just sayin'.

Last changed by fr0sty on 12/1/2017, 4:40 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

fr0sty wrote on 12/1/2017, 4:52 PM

This illustrates what I'm talking about. This is a test video for a building I am video projection mapping for an architectural firm's 30th anniversary. I have a mask cropping the video so it does not extend beyond the building (just a png image that is black everywhere except for the building and clear where the building is, and another image of the building on the track above it with the compositing type set to overlay in order to simulate the effect of the image being projected onto the building), but as you can see some of the time if flickers through anyway.

I was able to at least get the render to stop freezing (NVENC) by disabling the mts/AVC so4 dll.

Last changed by NickHope on 12/2/2017, 8:29 AM, changed a total of 4 times.

Reason: fix link

Systems:

Desktop

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop: