How to Open Twitter TS Files in Vegas -- Mini Tut

Musicvid wrote on 10/9/2021, 12:17 PM

As a result of this thread, I have come up with two workarounds for the "Twitter TS Crashes Vegas" issue, which has now been reported to the Dev Staff.

The problem (white screen crash) is neither a direct result of the .ts wrapper itself nor the video transport stream, rather the AAC audio muxer (ADTS), which Vegas is not yet trained to recognize. Hopefully it can be fixed in a future VP19 update.

The workaround is to rewrap (remux) to the MP4 container, where the ADTS audio muxing is removed. That's all it takes; no recoding or conversion is needed, although converting in Handbrake is an alternative, if a bit clunky.

Two free methods of rewrapping your TS files to MP4, fully compatible with Vegas, are described:

ffmpeg -hide_banner -v error -i filename.ts -vcodec copy -acodec copy filename.mp4

<-- or -->

ffmpeg -hide_banner -v error -i "file name.ts" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "file name.mp4"

<-- (if your file name contains spaces) -->

Please let me know of any bugs or issues with either of these free methods, and special thanks to two brand new members, @Javary and @todd-b, who motivated me to start testing this stuff again. Best Regards.

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...