Changing screen grab quality?

RealityStudio wrote on 12/13/2019, 6:30 PM

Is there any way to set the jpg quality level when using the save snapshot to file feature (floppy disk icon on top of the preview window)? Right now I take snapshots then run the jpg's through another app to compress them more as the one that come from Vegas are huge in size. But it would be cool if I could just set the jpg quality level right in Vegas and not have to do that secondary step.

Comments

Musicvid wrote on 12/13/2019, 10:05 PM

Not directly that I know of.

What size originals?

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-to-post-mediainfo-and-vegas-pro-file-properties--104561/

What is "huge" to you?. I get 2MB jpeg from 4096x2160.source. Seems reasonable.

Try setting your project dimensions smaller. 1920x1080 will give you 500 KB because it is 4 times smaller.

Marco. wrote on 12/14/2019, 2:48 AM

You could set the jpeg quality in internal preferences or choose PNG instead which is lossless.

RealityStudio wrote on 12/14/2019, 2:49 PM

One example as far as size goes, right out of Vegas Pro a 4k snapshot is 1.64MB, but then when I run it through my other compressor app and it drops to 393k. Visually they look the same unless you pixel peep. Size is a biggie for me because thousands of these screen grabs go on my websites and get viewed hundreds of thousands of times so I want the file size smaller to reduce bandwidth use, for a faster experience on phone, less server space, etc...

Where are "internal preferences"? I checked preferences but couldn't find any setting to adjust the jpg quality.

EDIT: Ok found it, "internal preferences" only appear if you hold down the shift key when selecting regular preferences. I'll toy with that, thanks!