DVDA Hangs if adding more than 5-7 AVC files to project

hambonio wrote on 9/26/2016, 5:53 PM

I have had a recurring problem on every DVDA since 5.2.  I was HOPING this new DVDA would fix this issue.  This issue happens on 3 different PCs (with 5.2 and 6.0) and now the one PC I have the new DVDA (7.0?) installed on.  Back in the EARLY Win 7 days everything always worked flawlessly, but it seems any PC with Win 7 with recent updates and everything up to and including Win 10 has this issue.  

I try making a DVDA project.  I very carefully and slowly add one AVC clip at a time to the project.  Once I get past 5-7 files (and every time it is random -  and it always seems like it will be the last file I need to make a BD that it hangs on) I cannot seem to add any more files or DVDA just hangs.  Usually I never get past 12GB or so on the disc size before it does this, so it is not an issue of having too large of files.  My current PC has 64GB RAM so really doubting an issue there.  I have let it sit overnight with all other versions as well as the new version.  It just hangs and I have to force it close.  If I do get all the files I need onto the heart of the disc, then I go to set background media for the menu, it hangs again.  I have done this in reverse order, setting background media first.  It does not matter.  One workaround I have done is by combining a few sections into one file, but I HATE doing this as this is not how I really want my BDs to be made.  

Another issue that happens (with the same timeframe of progression of Windows as stated above) is now I can rarely ever "Preview" disc if I get it made.  If it does work everything is very choppy, and shortly after I go to preview mode, voilla!  It crashes again!  Thankfully I have created enough discs that I usually do not HAVE to use the "Preview" to make sure everything runs as I intended, but it would be nice if this feature worked.  

My gut still says this is just an issue that needs to be updated to be more compatible with current versions and updates of Windows.  Very disappointed that this has not been fixed with the newer release.   I know I have searched online for solutions to this before and always come up short on a solution, but it appears as the problem is not isolated to me.  This new suite in general has been really bugging me.  I mean no Dolby AC3 Pro support in the new Vegas?  Really?  Is this not supposed to be a professional solution?  (I don't need suggestions on workarounds for that issue, I know what they are)  I know optical discs are slowly dying, but I still need to supply them, and the promises are running thin on what this "new" product is offering.  

Current system is:

Win 10

i7 5960x

64GB RAM

AMD 390x

All internal drives in my PC are SSDs of various brands and sizes.  I never edit from external drives.  

Any help would be appreciated, as well as a search feature for these forums so I can try not to waste everyone's time if the issues have been resolved. 

Comments

NickHope wrote on 9/26/2016, 8:35 PM

Link to old discussion: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/dvda-hangs-after-import-of-55-of-avc-assets--82511/

Can't help you with a solution I'm afraid. Please submit a support request at https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/vegas/form  This should reach the right people more than a post on the forum will.

Musicvid wrote on 9/28/2016, 5:59 AM

Are you adding vanilla h264/AVC/AVCHD files to your project, or are you adding compliant elementary streams from Vegas with the specific .avc  extension?

hambonio wrote on 9/28/2016, 7:25 AM

Are you adding vanilla h264/AVC/AVCHD files to your project, or are you adding compliant elementary streams from Vegas with the specific .avc  extension?

I render in Sony AVC/MVC > Blu-Ray 1920x1080-24p and have tried various bitrates from 10,000,000 to 21,999,616 with identical results.   Up until about 2 years ago, this is how I always did (along with AC3-Pro for audio - but I have not been able to get that far yet in adding those so those are not the problem) it and never had an issue even filling BD-R to max capacity.  Now I can barely get past 50%.  

_litz wrote on 8/30/2017, 2:09 PM

Same problem here with v7.0. Project loads in 6.0 flawlessly, can't load the same media in 7.0 at all.

Tried loading the project directly, tried loading JUST the avc files. Soon as you get past 8 or so avc files, it no longer loads the project and freezes at some random percentage value.