GH5 10bit 422 support ???

petecarney wrote on 8/3/2017, 9:04 AM

Is movie studio ever going to be able to use the 10 bit files from the GH5? I don't believe Vegas Pro does either yet.  You'd think after 5 months this would be sorted.

Comments

Musicvid wrote on 8/3/2017, 3:27 PM

Are you saying you want GH5 support in Movie Studio before it is available in Vegas Pro?

You "could" just type GH5 into the Search box top right and save the rest of us a nag...

petecarney wrote on 8/3/2017, 4:44 PM

No, I asked an exact question that the search function doesn't have any answer from Magix on.

Musicvid wrote on 8/3/2017, 5:20 PM

Asking if Vegas movie studio is "ever" going to support a format that is not yet fully supported in the camera itself is not an "exact" question for Magix. It is disingenuous.

I doubt Magix is very excited about chasing incremental firmware updates until they're solidified in late summer, which may miss the VP15 release. The support, when it comes, will be in Vegas Pro only at first. That I can promise you.

Now, exhale.

petecarney wrote on 8/3/2017, 6:04 PM

Magix guys answer questions all the time on these forums.  It's one of the main reasons they are so useful now.  Sony support virtually never answered any questions.  Musicvid, I don't get this one "not supported in the camera"?  GH5 4K and FHD 10bit 4.2.2 is fully supported in virtually every high end NLE now with the exception of the many flavors of Vegas.  It surely works perfectly on their cam and plays from the cam to 10bit monitors perfectly via HDMI.  Other cams versions of 10bit 4.2.2 have been supported in Movie Studio in past versions, though they now appear not to work in 14 at all.  If Magix is not going to support one of the most popular cams on the market these days it will be time to move on.  Just wondering if I should wait around any longer or will be forced to make a switch, which I'd prefer not to have to do? 

Musicvid wrote on 8/3/2017, 10:15 PM

Just wondering if I should wait around any longer or will be forced to make a switch, which I'd prefer not to have to do? 

Personally, I suggest you go ahead and make that switch, because no one else knows how to support a partially-released format, either.

Vegas Pro? I predict 6-24 months after a stable firmware release, if history means anything to you.

I'm now sure you never read the search results I suggested, so...

​​​​​​best of luck.

petecarney wrote on 8/3/2017, 10:55 PM

What kind of crap are you talking?  The frame rates, bit rates and encoding formats of the GH5 have never changed since the release.  There will be a late summer update to offer 400 mbps All I recording, but that has nothing to do with what we're talking about here.  From your changes to your post, it would appear you know nothing of what you speak, which begs the question why are you even responding if you don't know anything about what I'm asking?

Musicvid wrote on 8/4/2017, 5:37 AM

Pete, settle down. I am postulating that Magix may not feel able to support the initial firmware in Vegas Pro until well after the next update is complete, and nothing more. 🎅

But now I see you've already had your answer and discussion by way of the forum moderator, so please endure just one final edit:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/gh5-4k-uhd-10bit-422--106210/

petecarney wrote on 8/4/2017, 9:13 AM

musicvid, I don't have any answer for over 4 months now and specifically to this post about whether GH5 10 bit 4.2.2 will ever be supported in movie studio.  Enduring your uninformed responses and changes that clearly show you don't have a clue what formats the GH5 shoots and has always shot since day one is quite tiresome. PLONK