High and low pass filters...

Danny_79 wrote on 12/8/2022, 1:47 PM

Hi! I don't seem to find any high or low pass filters integrated in vegas. I find eq and compressors but not that. Are there any such vst that is compatible with vegas? Or does it support all vst's? I am quite new to this. Thanx in advance😊 Edit: I did find a resonant filter but i am not sure that's what i am after.

Comments

rraud wrote on 12/8/2022, 5:07 PM

I am not sure which Magix (or legacy SCS) plug-ins are included with Vegas these days. If the legacy (Direct X) four band paragraphic 'Track EQ' is included, that can work good. Just disable the two mid-bands and set the high and low to 'shelf', which has frequency, gain and dB/octave parameters. Brainworx CleanSweep is another decent VST HP/ LP filter, which is available free from 'Plug-in Alliance' and will work in all versions of Vegas Pro.There are many others for free and otherwise.. search. Everyone has there favorites, so audition many to find one that sounds good to you and has a desirable UI. Most multi-band compressors can also be used as HP/LP filters, with or without dynamic gain reduction.
FWIW, iZotope is having their annual holiday sale with great deals on all kinds of plug-in packs.

Musicvid wrote on 12/8/2022, 5:57 PM

There are five equalizers in Vegas 20.

noisywan wrote on 12/9/2022, 1:33 AM

A low/high pass filter is a state of EQ. You can use all EQs for that job. They have track automation too. I suggest saving an EQ preset for easy access.

jetdv wrote on 12/9/2022, 9:43 AM

The default Track EQ automatically on every audio track can do this and is, in fact, set up to do this by default. #1 is set to "Low Shelf" and #4 is set to "High Shelf" by default.

rraud wrote on 12/9/2022, 10:43 AM

I have been using the 7Q a lot lately on buses for shaping the overall sound and/or applying filters. 7Q is a seven-band graphic EQ which has a high and low pass filter section. It sounds good, is simple to use and CPU friendly.. It is free and compatible with all versions of Vegas and Sound Forge.

Danny_79 wrote on 12/9/2022, 11:17 AM

The default Track EQ automatically on every audio track can do this and is, in fact, set up to do this by default. #1 is set to "Low Shelf" and #4 is set to "High Shelf" by default.

But shelving filter is not really the same as pass filter, to my knowledge anyway

Danny_79 wrote on 12/9/2022, 11:24 AM

I am not sure which Magix (or legacy SCS) plug-ins are included with Vegas these days. If the legacy (Direct X) four band paragraphic 'Track EQ' is included, that can work good. Just disable the two mid-bands and set the high and low to 'shelf', which has frequency, gain and dB/octave parameters. Brainworx CleanSweep is another decent VST HP/ LP filter, which is available free from 'Plug-in Alliance' and will work in all versions of Vegas Pro.There are many others for free and otherwise.. search. Everyone has there favorites, so audition many to find one that sounds good to you and has a desirable UI. Most multi-band compressors can also be used as HP/LP filters, with or without dynamic gain reduction.
FWIW, iZotope is having their annual holiday sale with great deals on all kinds of plug-in packs.

Thanx man, i'll have a look brainworxπŸ‘

Musicvid wrote on 12/9/2022, 11:31 AM

But shelving filter is not really the same as pass filter, to my knowledge anyway.

A shelf blockΒ is a high- or low-pass filter. One and the same thing.

Β 

Danny_79 wrote on 12/9/2022, 11:48 AM

I have been using the 7Q a lot lately on buses for shaping the overall sound and/or applying filters. 7Q is a seven-band graphic EQ which has a high and low pass filter section. It sounds good, is simple to use and CPU friendly.. It is free and compatible with all versions of Vegas and Sound Forge.

Cheers m8...definitely worth checking

rraud wrote on 12/9/2022, 2:44 PM

a shelving filter is not really the same as pass filter

Technically, the curves are a little different, but either will do the job. LP or HP filters are a little more linear (dB/octave) on down. .. A 'shelf ' curve will flatten when the dB amount is reached. Shelving can be used to boost.. or cut.