Comments

Marco. wrote on 9/8/2020, 3:51 AM

Explore the Event's right-click options.

jetdv wrote on 9/8/2020, 8:40 AM

Right-click the audio event, choose "Channels" and the "Left Only". That will play the left side on both sides.

fred-w wrote on 9/8/2020, 1:04 PM

Set track to mono.

rraud wrote on 9/8/2020, 3:29 PM

When only one channel (left or right) is selected (as was previously stated), the vent is automatically changed to center panned mono (unless the Magix 'deep-thinkers' changed it in VP-17 or 18).

ikhider wrote on 9/9/2020, 11:12 AM

@rraud I am on Vegas Edit 16 and all the audio shows on the left channel only. The Tascam DR-60 MK II seems to have complications. I have a shotgun mic on mono for XLR input line one and on channel 3/4 had the stereo input from the lav mic. (Line two is an XLR port for another mono signal). I am not sure if the unit can accept mixed signals.

Musicvid wrote on 9/9/2020, 12:00 PM

Put your mono track on the timeline. Do a Jetdv says. Put your stereo 3/4 track on the timeline. Mix to suit. Render to stereo.

rraud wrote on 9/9/2020, 4:33 PM

Another option; In VP's "Options> Preferences> General", there is a setting to import stereo files as dual mono. This will give your two 'separate' mono tracks on the timeline, instead of a two-channel stereo track, you could just remove the track you do not want or mix them separately.. if for instance, a boom mic is on channel-1 and a lav on channel-2.
Assuming the DR-60 tracks 1 & 2 are an interleaved stereo file, which I believe it is, Tracks 3/4 and 5/6 would import as dual mono as well for total of six mono tracks.