Missing Magix AVC/AAC option for 360 Video

Brighton-Kotter wrote on 3/29/2021, 10:43 PM

Using Vegas Pro 18

Rendering a 4K graphic, I've added FX 360 Scene rotation. Video length is 2 minutes.

issue (unable to play rendered 360 videos) & (The only render option for 360 videos with [filter on 360 output compatible only] is Magix HEVC/AAC [Magix AVC/AAC should also be there but it's not...]) once rendered they have a 360 spin-around/compass icon that works and is supposed to be on 360 videos but the entire video is black.

Image at the bottom of my vegas project showing that the Magix AVC/AAC is missing from [filter on 360 output compatible only]

Heres what happened

Uploaded project > Disabled Resample > Set 360 option > added 360fx scene rotation > Went to "render as" > turned filter off and clicked Magix AVC/AAC MP4 > Rendered > clicked play > its a black video with a 360 spin icon.

I tried uploading it you youtube which refused to process it.

Rendered and got the same results: (Without any fx) (lowered resolution to 1080p) (shortened the video to 18 seconds) (tried Enabling Resample) (changed the media settings to undefined & straight unmatted & None) (Unchecked Maintain aspect ratio) (turned stereoscopic 3d mode on and off) (rendered as video for windows) & a whole lot of other things... I've been trying to get this to work for 7 hours!

I need to Post this video on youtube so HEVC/AAC is not a Viable option. I did attempt it anyway and found that youtube refused to process it.

Computer Specs

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

Vengeance 64gb

Windows 64 bit

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/video-editing/how-to-make-360-video/

Found this Link on Vegas, it shows that I should have Magix AVC/AAC MP4 as an option under render as (filter on - 360 output compatible only)

however, My Vegas Pro 18 doesn't show this as an option...

Found this Link on Youtube, it shows that for Vegas pro 18 I should have Magix AVC/AAC MP4 as an option under render as (filter on - 360 output compatible only)

however, My Vegas Pro 18 doesn't show this as an option...

Image at the bottom of my vegas project showing that the Magix AVC/AAC is missing from [filter on 360 output compatible only]

Comments

AVsupport wrote on 4/5/2021, 12:15 AM

360 implementation in VP is rudimentary at best. You might be better off making your basic adjustments elsewhere (I use Insta 360 studio because I shoot Insta360OneR) and exporting Prores. Colour grade and sharpen in VP, export without making this a 360 file, and use a 360 metadata injector to make this a valid 360 file. I have filed a big report with Magix, but the response is slow and I don’t think this is on top of the ToDo list..

my current Win10/64 system (latest drivers, water cooled) :

Intel Coffee Lake i5 Hexacore (unlocked, but not overclocked) 4.0 GHz on Z370 chipset board,

32GB (4x8GB Corsair Dual Channel DDR4-2133) XMP-3000 RAM,

Intel 600series 512GB M.2 SSD system drive running Win10/64 home automatic driver updates,

Crucial BX500 1TB EDIT 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD

2x 4TB 7200RPM NAS HGST data drive,

Intel HD630 iGPU - currently disabled in Bios,

nVidia GTX1060 6GB, always on latest [creator] drivers. nVidia HW acceleration enabled.

main screen 4K/50p 1ms scaled @175%, second screen 1920x1080/50p 1ms.

Brighton-Kotter wrote on 4/5/2021, 1:30 AM

This is the work I'm creating, Not using 360 cameras... mapping geometric solids to a 9:16 png and filling in each hollow area with a masked video. Had to export the video file and render the 360 version out using FCPX on my MacBook air 2012 which nearly fried it... Do you know if insta360 studio would work well for something like this? I was really looking forward to creating VR content when I purchased vegas around 20 days ago (as they said that 360 videos were a part of their bundle & it should be on my vegas but its missing it for some reason) very frustrating, I feel scammed.

Ronald-Leczynski wrote on 7/20/2021, 8:47 PM

First, don't filter for 360 compatibility. When I disabled the filter I saw an appropriate Magix AVC/AAC 4k render option.

Second, uncheck the 360 Output check box in project settings before rendering.

I just created and rendered a 4K 360 video. When I rendered it with the 360 Output box checked the result was a black video. (The default windows 10 viewer recognized it as 360, but it was black.)

With the 360 output box unchecked I got the video I wanted. (But will have to run it through the Spatial Media Medtadata Injector before uploading to YouTube.)

As far as I can tell, the only thing the 360 output box does is enable 360 preview (and maybe add 360 metadata). Otherwise, I toggle it on and off as needed, and the 360 fx work just fine.

This did not work for me. Still have a black screen. Turning off 360 output in the project settings gave me a video but its not in 360..its flat. Build 434 works fine

Musicvid wrote on 7/20/2021, 9:15 PM

You shouldn't be using AVC for 4k 360 imo. Files are too large.

Try the HEVC options or x265 in Voukoder instead.

Ronald-Leczynski wrote on 7/25/2021, 6:48 PM

. Turning off 360 output in the project settings gave me a video but its not in 360..its flat.

Flat? In what sense? You should get a 2:1 aspect ratio equirectangular projection. This will have to be run through the Spatial Media Metadata injector for it to work as a 360 in YouTube.

Can you share a screen shot from the video you got?

I could care less about Youtube. I want to view my 360 videos using TCL or any other 360 video viewers on my PC. I shoot with a Mi Sphere 360 camera. I can stitch with the Mi sphere app but sometimes like using Vegas 18.

And yes I use x265 rendering!

Ronald-Leczynski wrote on 8/2/2021, 10:08 PM

360 implementation in VP is rudimentary at best. You might be better off making your basic adjustments elsewhere (I use Insta 360 studio because I shoot Insta360OneR) and exporting Prores. Colour grade and sharpen in VP, export without making this a 360 file, and use a 360 metadata injector to make this a valid 360 file. I have filed a big report with Magix, but the response is slow and I don’t think this is on top of the ToDo list..

Found a 360 metadata injector and it works. Render without 360 option checked in preferences and then use the injector. Fast and easy. I am back on VP build 527.