Comments

Musicvid wrote on 7/17/2017, 7:16 AM

Reduce the opacity on one of the video tracks to 50%.

Here's some search terms for you :

Chroma Key, Chromakey, Compositing, Transparency, Alpha Channel, Masking

Step by step workflow can be found all over YouTube and elsewhere.

person-m wrote on 7/17/2017, 8:16 AM

No no I can see both tracks but like the event pan crop thing and then the actual timelines are 2 different times so I don't understand how to sync them cause if I don't then all the edits are off

dxdy wrote on 7/17/2017, 9:27 AM

Were the 2 tracks filmed at the same time? If so, line up the audio peaks on the 2 tracks.

person-m wrote on 7/17/2017, 9:45 AM

No they are completely different

JohnnyRoy wrote on 7/17/2017, 3:31 PM

Use the Mask tool in Pan/Crop to cut out the area you want to superimpose, and then use Track Motion to move it into place over the video. Track Motion is keyframable which you will need to keep it in the proper place.

~jr

Musicvid wrote on 7/17/2017, 4:38 PM

I would suggest trying a tracking plugin such as BCC. As suggested, manual key frames are the only way to attempt this in Vegas natively, and the workflow soon turns into drudgery.

VidMus wrote on 7/17/2017, 10:06 PM

Here is my logo that I created using graphics created with Photoshop Elements and Vegas Pro.

I used multiple tracks to layer all of the graphics.

There are a ton of great videos one can create using Vegas if one really gets creative with it! The graphics were created using layers and saved as a Photoshop Elements file and then they were placed on multiple tracks in Vegas Pro.

http://www.thestoprock.com/