Showing frame from my film in the menu

Ann wrote on 8/13/2018, 5:31 PM

I am completely new to Vegas Studio 15 and have had it for only a few days. I have completed a short film (6 mins). I have got it into DVD Architect. I have chosen a back ground; put a play button in & 2 relevant titles. How do I show a frame from my film in the black area on my screen so that when I eventually burn and play my DVD it will show on my TV.  I have made well over 100 films in the last 8 years using Magix Movie Edit Pro 17 Plus HD and Serif Movie Plus x6. At the moment I am totally foxed.

PC Details:-

Win 7 Professional Operating System.  Processor, Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-4430

CPU @ 3.00Ghz  3.00Ghz   Memory 16 GB  64 bit operating system.

Comments

EricLNZ wrote on 8/13/2018, 6:06 PM

As this is a DVDA question I've moved it to the Add-Ons forum.

What you are wanting to do is "Set thumbnail image". Double click on your title either in the Preview window or the Project Overview window on the left. On the timeline at the bottom move the moving marker to where you want to create the image for your thumbnail. Then go to to the Project Overview Window and right click on the title and select "Set thumbnail from view".

Ann wrote on 8/14/2018, 12:27 PM

Thank you Eric. I got it to work. Of course, it's always easy when you know how. Thank you again for helping.

Musicvid wrote on 8/14/2018, 6:46 PM

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/tutorials/basic-training-for-dvd-architect--106103/