Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005) VP11

videonob wrote on 6/5/2012, 9:39 AM
After I exit VP11 and the program has closed, a second or two later, most of the time I get this error message.

Does anyone know what it means, fix?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 11.0 (Build 683) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv64.DLL
Fault Address: 0x0000000084F3B8DD
Fault Offset: 0x00000000004CB8DD

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 11.0\vegas110.exe
Process Version: Version 11.0 (Build 683) 64-bit
Process Description: Vegas Pro
Process Image Date: 2012-04-27 (Fri Apr 27) 20:43:00

Comments

jimsch wrote on 6/5/2012, 4:08 PM
I have been having trouble with Vegas crashing when trying to playback from the timeline. Vegas stops and shows this error. It seems to happen on large projects with multiple tracks. This fix got me some relief temporarily, may work for you.

Do a Vegas "reset to default values"

Close the program. Now press CTRL+SHIFT while double-clicking on the program's icon to launch it. Continue to hold the CTRL & SHIFT keys until the program is fully up and loaded.

In newer programs, you will see a window that asks "Do you want to reset all preferences to default values?" Place a checkmark next to "Delete all cached application data" and then click Yes."

If you do this you are going to loose all of your preferences, track motion presets and possibly some other presets as well.

Use cautiously. I wish SCS would figure this out.
Red Prince wrote on 6/5/2012, 4:20 PM
Does anyone know what it means, fix?As to what it means, sure. It means Access Violation. In other words, it is a bad pointer, i.e., some code tries to access an invalid (or prohibited) memory location. As for the fix, only the Vegas programmers can do that.

He who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know.
                    — Lao Tze in Tao Te Ching

Can you imagine the silence if everyone only said what he knows?
                    — Karel Čapek (The guy who gave us the word “robot” in R.U.R.)

DavidMcKnight wrote on 6/5/2012, 9:32 PM
The fault module is an NVIDIA driver file. I would first update to the latest version of their video card drivers to see if that alleviates the problem.
videonob wrote on 6/6/2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback!
Eggart wrote on 4/27/2022, 11:21 AM

@SGLvideoPerth Your solution worked perfectly! My software no longer crashes. If you don't mind, could you please explain the significance of this change?

Musicvid wrote on 4/27/2022, 12:48 PM

He hasn't been on the forum in seven years. But this usually means you need to update your graphics driver.

[Help->Check for driver updates] for current versions of Vegas Pro.