Vegas Video Capture (DV) / Mute Audio ?

crown2020 wrote on 7/7/2020, 10:54 PM

Hello again everyone. I would like to know if the Vegas Pro "Video Capture" volume can be muted, (through my headphones), and not effect the actual output audio WHILE CAPTURING. I did see an option under options then preview audio. However, it is grayed out during capturing. IF this feature would work as I am requesting, I have a feeling I can not turn it back on once I start the capture.

Also, can I set a timer on the capture so I can run a tape unattended? Let's say 120 minutes or 2 hours, then, the capture would stop recording as to save hard drive space and / or edit work in post production.

As always, many thanks in advance for your time.

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/8/2020, 9:31 AM

Assuming you have a internal soundcard, click the Windows volume icon (lower right on taskbar), You can mute and/or adj volume there, If the icon is not there, go to Windows settings to display it. "Settings> Personalization> Taskbar".

crown2020 wrote on 7/8/2020, 9:49 AM

@rraud, Thanks for the tip. My goal would be to mute Vegas Capture Audio so I can listen to say a You Tube video then go back to Vegas Capture Program and unmute to hear what I am capturing.

UPDATE: I do see an option to mute an unmute the Vegas Capture Device separate of the web browsers audio. thank you. That issue is now solved.

I also asked, in part, "can I set a timer on the capture so I can run a tape unattended? Let's say 120 minutes or 2 hours, then, the capture would stop recording as to save hard drive space and / or edit work in post production?"

Do you happen to know the answer to this question. If not, anyone else feel free to jump in here. Thanks again @rraud.

rraud wrote on 7/8/2020, 10:23 AM

Try putting Vegas and the internet audio on different playback devices, Vegas on ISIO and the internet audio on Classic Wave Driver or Sound Mapper. Microsoft's 'Ear Trumpet' has more individual volume options for different apps than the OS default.

crown2020 wrote on 7/8/2020, 11:09 AM

@rraud, The OS default will work fine. Any thoughts on my second question?

rraud wrote on 7/9/2020, 10:09 AM

Don't know , Sorry.. I have only used Capture a few times for short captures.

Musicvid wrote on 7/9/2020, 10:13 AM

@crown2020

Find a copy of Scenealyzer from a reliable download site. You may find it more versatile for your needs.

crown2020 wrote on 7/9/2020, 11:17 AM

@Musicvid, Ironically, I found this old post from yourself, probably as you were responding to me this morning. Here it is:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/which-software-will-import-dv-from-camera--121541/#ca757084

"Musicvid wrote on 6/10/2020, 12:51 AM

Vegas has built-in DV/HDV capture over legacy 1394 firewire.

File->Capture Video

A better DV capture utility is Scenealyzer. You can still find copies on the internet."

It is AWESOME. I know it's no longer supported for reasons listed here: http://www.scenalyzer.com/

But, it is still a very awesome find. I'm capturing with Scenealyzer even as I'm typing this post.

Thank you for that June 10, 2020 post and your post to me here again today. Yourself and many others on this

form make learning Vegas Pro and companion software enjoyable.

KenB wrote on 7/10/2020, 3:30 AM

Yes, I used ScenalyzerLIVE, and taught my daughter how to use it when she was earning a bit of money converting VHS tapes to DVD for friends. I still have my ScenalyzerLIVE 4.0 program key dating back to 2005!

Ken.

Vegas Pro 18.0 (Build 284)
CPU: Intel Core (4th gen) i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz (HD Graphics 4600 - driver 15.40.46.5144)
Memory: 32GB DDR3
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1660 SUPER - driver 452.06
Monitor: 1920x1080x32

Musicvid wrote on 7/10/2020, 2:47 PM

Scenealyzer was even funner when it was in beta in the early 2000s. Had both time lapse and experimental motion detector iirc.

crown2020 wrote on 7/11/2020, 12:45 AM

@Musicvid, Wow. Now I am really starting to feel old errr. 😅