VP11 - .net Framwork 3.5 SP1 "Download was corrupt" error

kuama wrote on 8/24/2020, 6:01 PM

Trying to install my Vegas Pro 11 on another laptop that is running windows 10. I had the software on another laptop running Windows 10 but that computer is broken. When I do the install, I get this message to install .net Framework 3.5 SP1

I click install and near the end of the install I get a " Download was corrupt" message box

I click ok on the message box and get a dialog box that says "One or more required items failed to download. Please make sure you are connected to the internet and try again or please install require item."

I checked my internet connect and that's fine. I went to Microsoft website to look into downloading the .net Framework 3.5 SP1 and under the install instructions it says to make sure I have Windows installer 3.1 installed before installing the service pack. Don't know how to check if I have that installed???

In the "Important" section of the install instructions as shown in image above, it says "In addition, make sure you have Windows Installer 3.1 installed before you install this service pack." When I click the Windows Installer 3.1 link in that sentence it takes me to another page (first image below) where it says I need to know before installing if I have a 32 bit of 64 bit version of Window. It automatically detected that I have a 32 bit operating system as shown in the first image below but under system info it says I have a 64 bit as shown in the second image below. What do I really have????

Anyone know where I go from here to get this problem fixed to re-install Vegas software? Is it a problem to install an older version of .net framework??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Musicvid wrote on 8/24/2020, 6:46 PM

99% probability your Windows 10 is 64 bit (x64)...

If you right-click on "This PC" and select Properties, it tells you straightaway.

But you should not need an installer for Windows 10. You should be able to enable it from Control Panel.

kuama wrote on 8/24/2020, 7:00 PM

Thanks Musicvid. Do you know how can I tell if I already have Windows installer 3.1 installed? Microsoft download instructions say I need that before installing the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1? And, can I install this older version on my Windows 10 system without causing issues? The instructions here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22 say supported for Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP. Thank you.

Musicvid wrote on 8/24/2020, 7:09 PM

Look at my edit above!

And I bet you missed this....

kuama wrote on 8/24/2020, 9:56 PM

My apologies. You're absolutely correct. I did miss your edit. I followed your recommendations and all worked great. Thank you so much!