Apple Quicktime

Wovian wrote on 11/16/2022, 11:17 AM

Evening All

I have purchased a new PC and have just downloaded Vegas 14. I have not installed Quicktime.

I have thrown a couple of clips from my iphone onto the timeline and I have received a message to the effect that The Sony Quicktime plug in was not able to initialise as Quicktime for Windows was not installed. (Which is understandable as I have not installed it). The link takes me to a download page for Quicktime version 7.7.9

My question is do I need to download anything? I had a hunch that this version of Vegas did not need it? Is there a setting somewhere on Vegas I need to change? I am trying not to download it if I don't need it

Thanks

Comments

Wovian wrote on 11/16/2022, 12:03 PM

Thanks Musicvid but what is the first link about? I don't have a cracked version of anything. Everything is fully paid for.

I notice since my original post that my m4a files do not play either. Could this be a quicktime issue as well?

Musicvid wrote on 11/16/2022, 12:09 PM

I see that you've posted about the same thing before, my comment has been removed.

Wovian wrote on 11/16/2022, 12:25 PM

A similar question Musicvid but not the same. I have posted a similar question about the poor playback of iphone clips and the issue with VFR's and I was advised to use handbrake to convert to CFR. It resolves the playback issue.

Now I have new PC I wanted to explore whether I still had the same issue. From your answer it seems that it will still be there but the situation is different now. Previously I could get the clips on the timeline and sometimes they played and sometimes they did not. Since I have had the new PC I get the message about Quicktime when I try to drag the clips to the timeline and nothing goes on to the timeline. Hence my question as to whether I need to install Quicktime with VP 14 or not. (I appreciate from your comment that the VFR issue will still be there on the new PC)

Do you have any ideas as to why the music files will not play as they were fine on the previous PC and they are the same files?

Thanks

john_dennis wrote on 11/16/2022, 1:08 PM

@Wovian

"I have purchased a new PC and have just downloaded Vegas 14."

Wovian wrote on 11/16/2022, 2:27 PM

Thanks John